PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Czarnecki: Welker (Likely Out), Moss (Likely Will Play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Foxsports: Welker (Likely Out), Moss (Likely Will Play):

Did Rodney reply yet?

No, but Peter King compared two types of coffee houses and said he prefers Mac to PC.

And Mike Reiss just said 90 minutes to kickoff the official word will come down.

What's the wind situation?

What's the wind situation?

It blows!!

Rain this morning...then showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall this afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

It blows!!

Rain this morning...then showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall this afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Good. Force that **** for brains O'Brien to remember the Pats have a running game. Force scarnecchia to get the run blocking working.

Given the conditions today I have mixed feelings about those two playing anyway. Moss isn't much of a mudder and getting Welker fully healthy is more important to the big picture than any one game in September.
OTOH, while perhaps much better in the long run and for the season to protect Welker and Moss, I don't think I can take another week of doom, despair and agony if the Pats don't dominate the Falcons. Gary Tanguay already called this a MUST WIN, so I guess if they don't win a must win game, the season is basically over.

So I'm hoping Welker and Moss play just to take the dreary wind out of the sails of the internegators.

WIth apologies to Longfellow,

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the stadium wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering Past,
But the hopes of the Pats fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
On any given day a team can fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

OTOH, while perhaps much better in the long run and for the season to protect Welker and Moss, I don't think I can take another week of doom, despair and agony if the Pats don't dominate the Falcons. Gary Tanguay already called this a MUST WIN, so I guess if they don't win a must win game, the season is basically over.

So I'm hoping Welker and Moss play just to take the dreary wind out of the sails of the internegators.

WIth apologies to Longfellow,

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
The vine still clings to the stadium wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering Past,
But the hopes of the Pats fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
On any given day a team can fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

very clever and very well done. thanks.

Welker's situation reminds me of the way that Bill mishandled David Thomas during the 2006 off-season/2007 season. Instead of placing him on PUP so that he would be good to go as soon as poss. Week 7, Bill rushes Thomas to the 53 for Opening Day, then he re-injures the same foot and is finished for the season.

Why the ****, Bill, did you play Welker against a clearly inferior Buffalo team only to have him miss the game against a much more dangerous opponent last week & poss. this week too? Way to go, "genius" (snicker).

Welker's situation reminds me of the way that Bill mishandled David Thomas during the 2006 off-season/2007 season. Instead of placing him on PUP so that he would be good to go as soon as poss. Week 7, Bill rushes Thomas to the 53 for Opening Day, then he re-injures the same foot and is finished for the season.

Why the ****, Bill, did you play Welker against a clearly inferior Buffalo team only to have him miss the game against a much more dangerous opponent last week & poss. this week too? Way to go, "genius" (snicker).

Yeah I know, I can't believe BB can't control injuries. Ridiculous. No one else gets injured in the NFL but Pats players, everyone knows this. :eek:

Last edited:
just saw this on ESPN:

Week 3 inactives - ESPN

Welker is out. :mad:

Atlanta at New England

Falcons: Jerious Norwood, RB; William Moore, S; Garrett Reynolds, OL; Spencer Adkins, LB; Vance Walker, DT; John Parker Wilson, QB; Will Svitek, OL; Tye Hill, CB

Patriots: Prescott Burgess, LB; Wes Welker, WR; Jerod Mayo, LB; Terrence Wheatley, CB; Jonathan Wilhite, CB; Darius Butler, CB; Rich Ohrnberger, OL; Kendall Simmons, OL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back