PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Czarnecki on Felgers show

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
says Al Davis is too slow to make a trade now. Believes the Pats would be willing to give up a high pick for Moss. Says BB is not afraid of a player like Moss, and believes he just wants to be on a winning team and is a football player. Says nothing will probably happen. but Seymour and harrison were pretty positive on Moss on EEI this morning.

Czar also says he's a positive influence in the lockerroom, practices hard, wants to win and be left alone.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

With the trading deadline tomorrow, WR Doug Gabriel was asked about two of his former Raider teammates, Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. How would he feel if the Patriots acquired Moss? “I think he would be a fit in this offense,” said Gabriel, who last spoke with Moss on Saturday but was unaware of any trade talks. “He’s a guy that loves to work. I’ve said it a million times, if Randy was here, every other receiver would want to pick up their games 110 percent. When he came out there [in Oakland], he made me step my game up. … Randy probably works harder than any person I know. He’ll do whatever it takes. That’s one thing, I guess, that people don’t know about him.”

Last edited:
But the salary, mon,
the SALARY!

8 mil next year,
10 mil the year after,
IIRC.

psychoPat said:
But the salary, mon,
the SALARY!

8 mil next year,
10 mil the year after,
IIRC.
Its not like this is Baseball the salaries are not guranteed. Contract extensions and re structures are very possible. Even though it is more likely we go after a Jerry Porter rather than Moss.

While a trade is unlikely, I still think the league would block a trade of Moss to the Pats for only a draft pick because they would say it was outrightly unfair. Even if the Pats sent the Raiders the first round pick they got from Seattle the bottom line would be that the Pats got Moss and Gabriel for Branch and a 5th round pick, an outlandishly one-sided deal. Given the premium the NFL puts on parity I can't see how they'd be party to one of the greatest steals ever in professional sports.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
While a trade is unlikely, I still think the league would block a trade of Moss to the Pats for only a draft pick because they would say it was outrightly unfair. Even if the Pats sent the Raiders the first round pick they got from Seattle the bottom line would be that the Pats got Moss and Gabriel for Branch and a 5th round pick, an outlandishly one-sided deal. Given the premium the NFL puts on parity I can't see how they'd be party to one of the greatest steals ever in professional sports.
That's why we'd have to do as I suggested and throw in our 32nd pick as well as the Seahawks pick for both Moss and Porter :D

The biggest problem would be salary. Moss is due about $17M right now over two years. If he were 26 we could extend and stretch it out to both Parties' satisfaction. As he'll be 30 in February it would be a very difficult restructure.

thats why u need to get Moss to willingly restructure. if hes so deseperate to get out..he'll do it.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

i don't buy that. I understand what you are saying but i don't think the NFL would have a leg to stand on. You can't factor in the gabriel or branch deal---those are done and water under the bridge. This would be a top WR for a draft pick (whatever they offer). It would also be a huge media event and a chance for one of the top names to go to a big market team and play with the best qb in the game. Although Napolian would no doubt complain thus forcing the NFL to kill the deal.:rolleyes: With all of that said, i don't see it happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back