PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Czarnecki has interesting info on Branch's rookie contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Pa Patriot said:
I guess your right he will be Keyshawened or TO"D

I believe they changed the rules with the new CBA and a player cannot be "Keyshawned" anymore. If a starter is healthy, he cannot be inactivated on gamedays, or suspended with pay. Teams could do so to avoid players from reaching incentives, among other reasons.

If Branch holds out til week 10, the Pats will certainly let him play when he's ready. It will help his trade value next year when they tag & trade him.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I guess your right he will be Keyshawened or TO"D

Although, if I remember correctly, the team cannot *officially* deactivate him per the new CBA. They can not play him, but I'm not sure if they can tell him not to come in.

tailgater said:
I believe they changed the rules with the new CBA and a player cannot be "Keyshawned" anymore. If a starter is healthy, he cannot be inactivated on gamedays, or suspended with pay. Teams could do so to avoid players from reaching incentives, among other reasons.

If Branch holds out til week 10, the Pats will certainly let him play when he's ready. It will help his trade value next year when they tag & trade him.

There was something done about the situation, but I don't remember what. However, Branch won't be a starter, does not have any incentives to reach.

What Chayut can say is that the Patriots are hurting his career heading into free agency. There was a greivance filed a couple years ago on similar grounds. I don't remember the outcome.

Belichick will find a way to remove the distraction and media circus. Maybe Branch stubs a toe in the first practice and gets IRed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes