PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler wants say in final roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was only a matter of time until he started his tricks in Chicago...one of these days he will talk himself out of the league with that attitude.

Oh yeah, I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them. But Ron and I have been on the same page since the start of training camp in what guys we wanted to see working in with me and what guys have stepped up and what direction we want to go with this group.

I just want to see them in action, just to see how they react when the lights come on, the speed's going to be a little bit different. It'll be faster for them. Things will be moving at a different speed. The coaches aren't going to be out there. They're going to have to react on their own.

He's talking about wide receivers, which makes sense.

If there are 2 receivers who have performed equally well/bad in camp and pre-season then why wouldn't you ask the quarterback who he prefers?

Regardless, you don't go to the media and say that you expect to be consulted on roster cuts.

If there are 2 receivers who have performed equally well/bad in camp and pre-season then why wouldn't you ask the quarterback who he prefers?.

You might, after you consult your scouts and personnel guys to make sure that there's no difference in potential, etc.

Sounds very Favrey to me, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Staff get paid to make those decisions, not Cutler. He's hardly on Brady or Manning's level anyways, the only two guys in my eyes you "might" consult with.

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- One game into the preseason and already Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has had to smooth things out with one of his wide receivers.

Cutler commented to reporters about wide receiver Devin Hester's failure to break up an interception on a pass that fell short Saturday night following the team's 27-20 preseason loss to Buffalo. His remark seemed to rub some people the wrong way.

"Devin is more of a go-get-it guy; he is not really a back shoulder or jump-up-and-get-it [guy]," Cutler said Saturday. "You learn from it.

The Bills' Leodis McKelvin intercepted the pass.

Hester admitted Monday that Cutler's comment upset him at first.

"But then he [Cutler] said he didn't say it," Hester said.

"It wasn't criticism or anything like that," Hester said.
"He was saying, you are not a 6-8 receiver. You can't go up and get everything. But we know you are the type of receiver if we throw it out there, you will go get it."

Offensive coordinator Ron Turner said Cutler should have checked down to a shorter receiver route when he had to slide up in the pocket on the play rather than put the ball up for grabs.

Turner said occasionally he might need to talk to Cutler about being critical of teammates, but not every time.

"We don't want to temper that too much," Turner said. "Jay is an emotional guy and he's a fiery guy and he's a fiery competitor. That's why he's an elite quarterback."

Three months in it's good to know that Cutler now realizes Hester isn't 6'8"...:popcorn:

Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler turns heads with Devin Hester criticism on interception - ESPN

THsi clown is Jeff George with a southern accent, total loser. McD was good to get rid of this cancer.

BTW does anyone think that after an 8-8 season Bready would have been postuing with the new coach?

IMO Brady would have been at the facility BEFORE the new coach showed and and would greet him, saying 'let me show you where the film room is, I want to know your offense before the first OTA.

Instead this clown is posturing in TN.

Josh McDaniels did the right thing shipping this punk out of Denver. Anyone who doesn't see that needs their head examined.

Although Cutler might believe his input is important, you don't come out publicly and effectively undermine your administration.. the guys tasked with putting together the team. Whilst you might do it behind closed doors, you don't make proclamations public as such.

You throw that ball harder than Elway son. You keep throwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes