PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cute picks - Hate em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A workout warrior is anyone who impresses/overwhelms people with their physical workouts/numbers. In that case, Ben Watson and Mike Mamule would both classify as workout warriors. Vernon Gholston and Vernon Davids would also be workout warriors.

College football's top workout warriors - College Football - ESPN

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a workout warrior as long as you can back that up with production on the football field. It's just that workout warriors often disappoint because their production doesn't or perhaps can't match up to the impressive numbers that their workouts would suggest they should produce.

The Hill pick wasn't a head scratcher at all. When it was made, Seymour was in the last year of his contract. So was Jarvis Green. They'd just let Bobby Hamilton go. And Hill had Saban and Kirk Ferentz potentially commenting on him. He was raw, but the Pats felt they had time to bring him along. Especially since he was so young.

hill did not have so much as a single shining moment with the pats.......I agreed with the pick at the time, but he turned into a major goose egg......slow and poor leverage doomed him....

how could seymour be in the last year of a 6 year deal in the spring of 2004?

Hill tore it up versus Oklahoma had three sacks I believe. God rest his soul. He could of potentially been the Elephant as an OLB with his wingspan.

he lacked the speed to be a 3-4 DE...........there's no way he would have been any kind of OLB

Random rant...

Man, I hated these picks when they happened and I hate them more now.

1) Chad Jackson, Maroney,
2) Thomas,
3) Watson,
4) Mills....

EDIT : Damn it, I hate I can't change the title of my post, it should read Cute picks as in cute and cuddly.

1) I understood why LaMa & CJack were chosen at that time. We needed replacements for Dillon & Givens (and, as it turns out, Branch). In retrospect, the better choices would have been DeAngelo Williams & Greg Jennings, but I had no problem at that time with the Pats' picks.

2) I would've waited until one of our 4th round picks to take Dave Thomas, though I don't know if he would've made it past Houston at the top of that round. Taking another TE with a 3rd top-100 pick in 5 years only underscores how bad was the choice of...

3) ...Bumblin' Bennie Watson. I hated the pick then, and I hate it more now. Soft, unreliable, and misused.

4) I would not have considered Mills until one of our 3 6th-rounders at the earliest, esp. as not one defensive player was chosen until that very round, and another TE (Thomas) had already been taken.

P.S.: The only defensive players from the '06 draft were Jeremy Mincey, LeKevin Smith & Willie Andrews. That is disgraceful, unacceptable and, in the end, very costly.

P.P.S.: One of these statements is true - either BB is getting bad advice on Draft Weekend, or he is not listening to the advice he is getting.

can anyone tell me what watson's stats in college were?

GA Bulldog. he was as good as Winslow coming out of college, however due to the fact Winslow and the UMiami were the talk of the town. Winslow went top five.

Watson has comparable skills to Winslow. IMO IMO Watson is lazy and just doesn't get it.

hill did not have so much as a single shining moment with the pats.......I agreed with the pick at the time, but he turned into a major goose egg......slow and poor leverage doomed him....

how could seymour be in the last year of a 6 year deal in the spring of 2004?

Thanks for the correction. Seymour had 1 year left on his deal. It was BB bringing in the guy to learn.

How is Hill supposed to have a "shining moment" when he has Seymour, Warren and Green in front of him?

Hill wasn't slow, contrary to your believe. He was YOUNG (youngest player on the team for 2 years) and he was still learning. Not to mention that if he was as bad as you say, the Pats would have gotten rid of him the way they got rid of Bethel.

Last edited:
GA Bulldog. he was as good as Winslow coming out of college, however due to the fact Winslow and the UMiami were the talk of the town. Winslow went top five.

Watson has comparable skills to Winslow. IMO IMO Watson is lazy and just doesn't get it.

Where the hell do you get that Watson is LAZY? He's one of the hardest working players in camps and I am sure that isn't just when the cameras are there.

If Watson was lazy, do you HONESTLY think that BB would put up with him? I don't.

Its my belief that Watson has a issue with staying focused until he's actually caught the ball. And that could be from the injuries he's suffered. But who knows.

Thanks for the correction. Seymour had 1 year left on his deal. It was BB bringing in the guy to learn.

How is Hill supposed to have a "shining moment" when he has Seymour, Warren and Green in front of him?

Hill wasn't slow, contrary to your believe. He was YOUNG (youngest player on the team for 2 years) and he was still learning. Not to mention that if he was as bad as you say, the Pats would have gotten rid of him the way they got rid of Bethel.

he was slow.........it was more than a belief

attitude-wise, hill was fine........johnson was not...I think you know the difference when it comes to that

what happened to hill was that mike wright showed up and as a rookie earned the PT that most likely was planned for hill in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes