PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutdown Day: PATS DISCUSSION thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Never figured all 3 of Branch/Gaffney/Stallworth would be cut, 2 of them, yeah.

Re: The big one: Branch Released

Gaffney better be coming back, Ebert made it? Hoyer, Branch wow. Where is Weems's name, Denis name?

Why does Bill Belichick hate wide receivers? Why Bill?

Deion? Say what???

I'm praying that he's back after game 1 minus the guaranteed salary. (I'm also praying that cutting Branch AND Gaffney AND Stallworth doesn't end up anything like last year's veteran safety purge.)

Koppen for Dez Bryant please :D

Yesterday I said Branch's roster spot was assured with the release of Gaffney and Stallworth. :ugh:

got to believe were bringing in somebody else. If I had to pick a name out of my ass I'd go with James Jones.

This is more surprising than Hoyer. Since I figured Branch would see real playing time. And the 2 players most likely competing with him were already cut.

Huuuuuuhhhhhhhh?????

Never underestimate the Pats' cut day shockers. But this might be the biggest one I've seen, considering the Stallworth/Gaffney cuts.

Why the Steelers? They have an old back-up group (Leftwhich/Batch), and a young guy that they like/want to sneak onto the PS (J. Johnson).
because all 3 of those guys are considerably worse than Hoyer

Stay tuned..

Not happy about the Branch cut.

I said multiple times that I thought it was more likely that the Pats kept 1 of Branch/Gaffney/Stallworth than all three. Bam. All 3 are gone.

**** you, BB.

That's what I love about BB. He doesn't care what anyone thinks. He will do what's best for the team.

If his record last season was 5-11, then by all means you would have every right to curse him out, but five games is all he's lost in the last two RS.

This is kinda shocking. Gotta think Gaffney will be back when healthy, but they will need to get another WR to be the #3.

I wouldn't panic yet. That could be a "we need your roster spot because we don't want to waive this player, so sit back and let us iron out our roster and we'll call you once the dust settles" kind of cuts.

Last edited:

No way! :mad:

There has to be some mistake! :confused:

Yesterday I said Branch's roster spot was assured with the release of Gaffney and Stallworth. :ugh:

No reason to call yourself out, everyone thought that.

Maybe this is some strange release and re-sign thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes