PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cut Players who might get a looksee from the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, before anyone thinks this is a "Lets sign XYZ PLAYER" thread, its not. Its about the cuts out there that could interest the Pats in the short term or long term.

Dhani Jones - LB (Cut by the Saints)

If he could tackle or stop the run, maybe then.......

C.J. Gaddis - S - Released by the Eagles.... He was talked about some pre-draft.

few more we might wanna look at
-Antonio Pittman. some poster elsewhere said "word is hes gone" hes behind Reggie-Deuce and an undrafted guy in Pierre Thomas whos impressed.

early 4th round pick from Ohio State..i could've sworn i head some reports saying we were impressed with Pittman and depending how coach feels with Morris/Faulk

another RB is Gary Russel. Hes done very well..the sluggish performance at combine running a 4.8 and benching VERY LITTLE. ex teammate of Maroney..powerful and flashed during preseason for Squeelers. he MIGHT get cut

-Greg Blue. Maybe they feel he can contribute on ST more than Mitchell or someone else in secondary. big safety..BIG HITTER

-Antonio Pittman. some poster elsewhere said "word is hes gone" hes behind Reggie-Deuce and an undrafted guy in Pierre Thomas whos impressed.

early 4th round pick from Ohio State..i could've sworn i head some reports saying we were impressed with Pittman and depending how coach feels with Morris/Faulk

another RB is Gary Russel. Hes done very well..the sluggish performance at combine running a 4.8 and benching VERY LITTLE. ex teammate of Maroney..powerful and flashed during preseason for Squeelers. he MIGHT get cut

-Greg Blue. Maybe they feel he can contribute on ST more than Mitchell or someone else in secondary. big safety..BIG HITTER

I was never impressed with Greg Blue, honestly.. I think its pretty ironic that both Blue and Minter, who were considered sure things from that Georgia defense are on the outside looking in right now.

Re: Buster Davis cut

Bill Belichick said before the draft that there would be first day picks who would have been UFDA's in other draft years.

Just a mild distinction, but he said that there were projected first day picks that *They* graded as UDFA. I do think there is a difference between the two statements.

Now, before anyone thinks this is a "Lets sign XYZ PLAYER" thread, its not. Its about the cuts out there that could interest the Pats in the short term or long term.

DeMario Minter - DB (Cut by the Browns)
Babitunde Oshinowo - NT (Cut by the Browns)
Dhani Jones - LB (Cut by the Saints)

I'll eat my shirt if NE is even *considering* Dhani Jones.

Artose Pinner released by Vikes.

Steelers release Verron Haynes. I liked that dude.

Last edited:
The Iggles released Dirk Johnson...the punter...

Houston released Bethel...and Tyrone Poole...

The Iggles released Dirk Johnson...the punter...

Houston released Bethel...and Tyrone Poole...

I think the Pats will have Dirk up tomorrow at the latest.

Jets cut Kimo Von Oelhoffen and Andre Wadsworth.

Re: Cut Players who might get a looksee from the Pats....

He couldn't even make the Cardinals defense, and you want to take a flyer on him?

Yep. I don't know much about the cardinals coaching, but if Davis has some potential, BB and co. will get it out of him. Plenty of really good players have been cut from bad teams and gone on to have good careers. Troy Brown comes to mind.

Cincy released DE Xzavie Jackson whom I considered a late round/UDFA option for OLB.

Yeah Saints cut Antonio Pittman. Props to Tom Casale, who said he was one of the most overrated running back prospects in the draft.

Fins cut Schlesinger the fullback.

I'm with Remix: I hope the Pats take a good long look at Ed Hartwell. Cincy's D is pretty shaky so you'd have wonder why he got the axe - probably a move to younger faster players. But if used ala Seau, wouldn't Hartwell have a place here? Eric Alexander will just never be an impact player, if Hartwell can still run a but then he'd he a heck of a back up for Bruschi/Seau/Thomas

Any takers on jeremy Bloom?

How about Wali Lindy? he'll never make it through waivers to the Pats......

Last edited:
Giants.com is now reporting Demps to IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back