PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cut Players who might get a looksee from the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will Demps

This guy was cut by the Giants.

Wasn't he once considered one of the better safeties in the league?

What happened?

Well whole Giants secondary was terrible so he was part of it. Can't single him out but I think he's still a good player.

Re: Will Demps

This guy was cut by the Giants.

Wasn't he once considered one of the better safeties in the league?

What happened?

Not so much one of the better safeties in the league, but more so he was on a team with massive talent that hid his weak areas. (2000 Ravens) He never amounted to much of an impact player with the Giants.

Ed Hartwell maybe.

Where did you see that Demps was released?

Da INTERNET:

It happened.

Giants release S Will Demps.

Demps had been working as the Giants' third-string safety, but a dislocated elbow was supposed to sideline him for a few weeks. Still, it's a surprising cut for the Giants' struggling secondary. He received an injury settlement.

Last edited:
Where did you see that Demps was released?

Try the link that Metal Bleachers posted. You have to scroll down a little in order to see the blurb about Will Demps' release.

Remix, was Hartwell released by the Bengals already?

Supposedly Marquand Manuel of the Packers is available for trade...I'm sure we could think of someone to send to the receiver depleted Packers...

Try the link that Metal Bleachers posted. You have to scroll down a little in order to see the blurb about Will Demps' release.

Yep.

I still think he can be good in a 3-4.

Better than Rogers/Mays/Lua.

I like Alexander though...he's making some nice strides.

Hmm.. that is interesting.. He would look good at the other safety position...

yep.
i still think he can be good in a 3-4

better than Rogers/Mays/Lua

i like Alexander though..hes making some nice strides

Didn't know about Hartwell. I'd definitely be willing to give Manuel or Hartwell a try. Demps may also be worthy of a look.

OT: Cincy cuts Ed Hartwell

Another guy we were discussing in the off-season.

Last edited:
Didn't know about Hartwell. I'd definitely be willing to give Manuel or Hartwell a try. Demps may also be worthy of a look.

Well, with Demps having a dislocated elbow, I don't see him signing with a team anytime soon.

Well, with Demps having a dislocated elbow, I don't see him signing with a team anytime soon.

He wouldn't be able to play for a few weeks, which would kind of defeats the purpose.

Probably true, and we already have Wilson (assuming he is healthy), Meriweather, Andrews and if needed back there Gay. I would rather get a bigger body back there.

Why wouldn't they IR him?

Because, by giving him an injury settlement, they can bring him back later in the year when he is healthy.

Why wouldn't they IR him?

he probably wanted out. he got moved to 2nd team i believe so he might not have been happy so they worked something out and let him go

Bengals waive Earl Everett. Another dude heavily discussed as an LB candidate.

http://www.gbnreport.com/cutdownday.htm

FM Cleveland: RB Chris Barclay - small (Faulk-like) very quick RB who might be a good fit in the zone blocking scheme, an excellent return man capable of taking it all the way.

http://www.gbnreport.com/cutdownday.htm

FM Cleveland: RB Chris Barclay - small (Faulk-like) very quick RB who might be a good fit in the zone blocking scheme, an excellent return man capable of taking it all the way.

He's definitely small.. Kevin Faulk has almost 25 lbs on this kid.

But, he could be the Pats version of Darren Sproles.... And I'd have NO problem with that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes