PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curtis Martin honorary captain vs 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems like a good guy but would not have been on my list as honorary captain. How about players like Willie McGinest, Steve Grogan, Kevin Faulk, John Hannah, Steve Nelson, Matt Light, Ted Johnson?

"Martin's presence is tied to the Patriots' celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

None of those guys except Hannah are in the Hall of Fame.

....which makes me wonder if Hannah's still got some of the old grudge against the Pats in his system... reappearing every once in awhile;)

i like it was a great pat

That's Cool. Appreciated his time/play with Pats. Class Act.

He seems like a good guy but would not have been on my list as honorary captain. How about players like Willie McGinest, Steve Grogan, Kevin Faulk, John Hannah, Steve Nelson, Matt Light, Ted Johnson?

It was for HOF guys

Perhaps it is just that I'm fast approaching the age of senior discounts, but in all the debate over 'the greatest one to get away' I was slightly surprised that there was not one mention of Nick Buoniconti. Had to be the worst trade in franchise history.

Buoniconti went on to play 8 more years with the Dolphins, making three Pro Bowls and one first-team All Pro. During that time Miami made the playoffs five times and made it to the Super Bowl three times, winning twice. During the same time span the Pats were 30 games under .500 and didn't make it to the playoffs until Buoniconti's final season.

The Pats got QB Kim Hammond, LB John Bramlett, and a 5th round draft pick (LB Bob Olson) in return. Hammond lasted one season, appearing in three games and going 2-for-6. Bull Bramlett started for two seasons and was team MVP one year, and then was cut. Olson was cut in training camp and never played in the NFL.

post 9 jmt:)

Never liked the idea and look at what happened to our game. We were playing like the Jets in the first half.

Benedict came up huge in the 1996 season playoff game at Sullivan Stadium in Jan 97 against the Squealers.

He had 41 rushing yards in the Super Bowl. He was MIA in the 98 AFCC for NJ.

I know it was the Hall of Fame and all, and he was a fine fellow and all...but funk that!! :mad:

He's a class act all the way and hard to root against. His only crime was that he allowed himself to be lured away by Tuna Crap.

That's like saying he had the gall to be lured away by his father.

The Pats were being run like a three ring circus, they low him lowballed him, and he followed his father figure coach for considerable more money. Really a no brainer. Your anger should not be directed at him but rather the incompetents running the team at the time.

And Haynes was the greatest who got away.

Come to the Jets, Curtis...We Have Cookies!!

luke-i-am-your-father.jpg

"Martin's presence is tied to the Patriots' celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

None of those guys except Hannah are in the Hall of Fame.

My bad. I would have chosen Hannah instead of Martin.

Damn you Curtis Martin! Damn you to Hell!

We need a moratorium on honoring defectors; it cost us the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes