PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curtis Martin among 2011 Hall of Fame semi-finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Former Patriot Curtis Martin is one of 26 semi-finalists for the 2011 class for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Story » Class of 2011 semifinalists | Pro Football Hall of Fame

Biggest names that jump out to me are all first-year eligible players: Martin, Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders. The link above includes a complete list.

Curtis Martin among HoF semi-finalists - Extra Points - Boston.com

The Pats' third-round draft pick in 1995 (74th overall) out of Pittsburgh, Martin was a Pro Bowler in each of his first two seasons with New England, when he totaled 2,639 yards (3.9 ypc) and 28 touchdowns rushing; he added 76 receptions, 594 yards and four touchdowns. But he was gone after his third season, when Bill Parcells, in one of his first moves as Jets' coach after leaving the Patriots, signed him to an offer sheet as a restricted free agent that New England didn't match.

For his career, which spanned 11 seasons, Martin was a five-time Pro Bowler, with 14,101 yards rushing (fourth-most all-time) and 100 total touchdowns (90 rushing, 10 receiving).

Martin is the only former Patriots player on this year's list.

curtis-martin-thumb-400x590-26952.jpg

He's a Slam Dunk. Looks like Parcells can put him in Canton now, I wouldn't be suprised if he does give the intro for Curtis.

He should be a shoe in. I hope Dillon makes it, he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back