PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Currently picking #2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

Picking 2cond as of right now: If the season ends today.....

Great Blue North Draft Report

"There is still a lot of sorting out, though, with the remaining early picks at the upcoming draft. Indeed, four teams – the Jets, St. Louis, Atlanta, and San Francisco, with a pick that has been traded to New England, are all tied with 3-9 marks. If the draft were held today, New England would have the second selection, while picks three thru five are too close to call as there is almost statistical separation between the respective opponents’ combined W-L records of the other three."

McFadden is in sight.............................

Picking 2cond as of right now: If the season ends today.....

Great Blue North Draft Report

"There is still a lot of sorting out, though, with the remaining early picks at the upcoming draft. Indeed, four teams – the Jets, St. Louis, Atlanta, and San Francisco, with a pick that has been traded to New England, are all tied with 3-9 marks. If the draft were held today, New England would have the second selection, while picks three thru five are too close to call as there is almost statistical separation between the respective opponents’ combined W-L records of the other three."

McFadden is in sight.............................

Oh, God, PLEASE deliver us Darren McFadden!

The future could be Maroney as a scat back-third down-Faulkian-type and McFadden as the every down stud spelled by Sammy Morris.

Not that's a friggin running game!

If the Pats are picking #2, expect them to trade down.

Edit: I also don't think Maroney could fill Faulk's shoes. Maroney, to date, has below average hands and poor pass protections skills. Those are Faulk's bread and butter. If the Pats pick up a runner with the same skill set as Maroney, expect Maroney to be out of a job soon.

Last edited:
If the Pats are picking #2, expect them to trade down.

Edit: I also don't think Maroney could fill Faulk's shoes. Maroney, to date, has below average hands and poor pass protections skills. Those are Faulk's bread and butter. If the Pats pick up a runner with the same skill set as Maroney, expect Maroney to be out of a job soon.

:agree: Faulk is a great third down back, made essential by the fact that Maroney doesn't pass block or catch the ball as well as Sammy Morris.

I'd be shocked if they drafted McFadden. :eek: Too many other needs.

I just hope that this pick remains the second pick. There is no overtaking the Dolphins for the top spot.

This pick would have been pretty much locked up with a loss to the Cards last week that was almost a reality.

I would not think they would take McFadden...and I wonder if ANY player really deserves that kind of top dollar?? My thought is they would trade down..or not pick till a bit later in the draft...clearly, they will not take an overvalued player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes