Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Curran has Fisher perfectly pegged...

Fisher is the king of quid pro quo. It’s how he’s survived so long. He hasn’t coached a playoff game since 2008. He hasn’t won a playoff game since 2003. Since taking over the Rams in 2012, his win totals are seven, seven, six and seven.

But he is the anti-Belichick in terms of cozying up to the league office and doing its bidding in ways great and small.

Curran: Jeff Fisher and Bill Belichick reside at opposite poles in NFL

There is something so smarmy and sneaky looking about him , nice one by Curran imo

In a league run by people who would love nothing more than for everyone to go .500 every year, Fisher is their guy. Then add in the fact that he's a good little foot soldier walking the party line. It's the perfect mix.

That is a great article. Thanks for posting that.

Good read. Fisher is basically the NFC's answer to Marvin Lewis: a coach who perennially underachieves regardless of the talent level of his team. At least Marvin Lewis makes the playoffs though.

Oh to be a fly on the wall and hear what BB really thinks of the retread coaching stockpile that winds its way in and out of half the NFL failure franchises.

Who does BB truly respect?

Jimmy Johnson
Mike Shanahan
I'll include Coughlin but I don't actually believe it (despite 2 SB upsets)

Oh to be a fly on the wall and hear what BB really thinks of the retread coaching stockpile that winds its way in and out of half the NFL failure franchises.

Jimmy Johnson
Mike Shanahan
Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien

One of my favorite Fisher memories was two years ago when the Competition Cabal was trying so hard to stop any momentum for Belichick 's "all calls are reviewable" proposal not wanting to hurt the NFL's way of putting a soft fix on games. The league trotted the Moustache how to explain how pass interference and holding calls are "subjective " and not objective calls that must be left up to discretion of the officials.

My head nearly exploded as I listened to his nonsense. Is not pass interference based on objective criteria just as much as offsides? It was just mind-boggling logic he was spouting. Hope they smash this fraud and his team just like theydid his Titans in the snow a few years ago.

During the next ten, twenty, thirty years, it will be pleasant to see total sh*thead douchebags like Fisher drop, one by one, down into hell where they'll be residing for the rest of eternity. God, it's gonna be so crowded down there; meanwhile, we'll have lots of elbow room along with our loved ones up above; and occasionally we'll glance downward, shake our heads, and think, "Those poor, dear fools..."

One of my favorite Fisher memories was two years ago when the Competition Cabal was trying so hard to stop any momentum for Belichick 's "all calls are reviewable" proposal not wanting to hurt the NFL's way of putting a soft fix on games. The league trotted the Moustache how to explain how pass interference and holding calls are "subjective " and not objective calls that must be left up to discretion of the officials.

My head nearly exploded as I listened to his nonsense. Is not pass interference based on objective criteria just as much as offsides? It was just mind-boggling logic he was spouting. Hope they smash this fraud and his team just like theydid his Titans in the snow a few years ago.

Don't wanna defend Fisher because he is a giant asshat and a perennial loser but with the rules as they stand it's certainly true that the refs have unfortunately too much leeway when it comes to PI calls. And making that reviewable is opening a can of worms.

Now, that being said the easiest solution to this problem is not what the NFL is proposing and just carrying on with something that is clearly broken but instead rework the rulebook to be something that makes it possible for games that are officiated by different refs to still be consistent in terms of rulings.

If this means that things become even more drastic in terms of contact or they decide to go the other way and allow more contact I don't really care about. But for ****s sake lets have some consistency. Because ultimately the only thing that's worse than one of those soft DPI calls is if its only called on one team and the other gets away with it.

Fisher is a Weasel, loves limelight and accolades. He was all Big & Bad when Titans were relevant, running up and down his sideline like P.Carroll does. Then Pats "Stole His Thunder" winning and taking headlines and him falling on losing times.
Every single person who went along with the "Patriots cheated" propaganda in 2007 is a total, worthless moron.

I realize, that leaves almost nobody left, but as my friend says,
th

Every single person who went along with the "Patriots cheated" propaganda in 2007 is a total, worthless moron.

Yup! Even Sweeter when Magnifying Glass is on our every move, Pats come through with Super Bowls and better numbers. ( See SB vs Seahawks)

Jimmy Johnson
Mike Shanahan

Coughlin and Belichick were assistant coaches under Bill Parcells with the NY Giants and won the 1990 "wide right" Super Bowl - Bill Belichick acknowledges Tom Coughlin as his Giants tenure ends

Jimmy Johnson
Mike Shanahan

Greg Schiano! :D

Good read. Fisher is basically the NFC's answer to Marvin Lewis: a coach who perennially underachieves regardless of the talent level of his team. At least Marvin Lewis makes the playoffs though.

Marvin Lewis is wayyyyyyy better than Fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back