PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran say NO MOSS to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But a league source just told NBCSports.com that Bill Belichick's press conference comment that, "I wouldn't say that we're actively trying to do anything," still stands."

That doesn't sound THAT much of an affirmation that we're not getting moss... belichick could be playing coy.

I knew it wasn't going to happen, but still :mad:

Just more speculation. That's cool.

How quickly people dismiss our old previous favorite - he still has his sources in NE, I am sure.

Well thats that.

(((wipes hands clean)))

Well here's hoping that Tom is no more connected now than when he was with projo.

Doesn't sound that convincing to me.

I think the Patriot way is to appear uninterested, to wait till most of the other offers from teams have been tabled and only then enter with a bid. I say they're still in the running, but it depends on what Oakland wants, and what other teams might be offering.

amazinPats said:
Doesn't sound that convincing to me.

I think the Patriot way is to appear uninterested, to wait till most of the other offers from teams have been tabled and only then enter with a bid. I say they're still in the running, but it depends on what Oakland wants, and what other teams might be offering.
Even if we entered the best and or only bid what makes you think the Raiders would just take it?

I can't believe so many of you are writing this off due to this article.

But a league source just told NBCSports.com that Bill Belichick's press conference comment that, "I wouldn't say that we're actively trying to do anything," still stands.

That is the best he had and I heard about that press conference yesterday.

Alk said:

But a league source just told NBCSports.com that Bill Belichick's press conference comment that, "I wouldn't say that we're actively trying to do anything," still stands.

Is it still possible? I suppose.

But honestly nothing is going to happen. If it does then it would have to be soon. Teams dont go all the way to the trade deadline in the NFL like they do in baseball and basketball.

Alk said:

My reading of that is that he worded it badly, meaning that his "league source" said they aren't actively trying to do anything. As opposed to just meaning that's the last quote they heard.

PFT said:
NO MOSS IN NEW ENGLAND

As Tom Curran of NBCSports.com reports, and as we separately have confirmed, the Oakland Raiders won't be trading receiver Randy Moss to the New England Patriots.

Although a league source with knowledge of the situation in Oakland tells us that a last-minute trade of Moss hasn't been ruled out, an industry insider explained to us on Tuesday morning that owner Al Davis is unwilling to acknowledge that his team is bad, and is likewise unwilling to concede that point to the rest of the world by trading the previously perennial Pro Bowler.

But there definitely was increased talk in league circles about a deal getting done, and a move to New England would have made sense. Still, Davis is the guy with the final say, and if he's not willing to do it, it isn't going to happen.

Just updated on PFT.

Last edited:
I'm sure he is right. Although the thought of Brady throwing to Moss is downright scary!!!!

damn that sucks

Apparently it is Al Davis that is the problem. Article ( link below) says
he doesn't think his team is bad and wont admit it and a trade of Moss
would tell world he thinks his team is bad.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Hawg 73 said:
I'm sure he is right. Although the thought of Brady throwing to Moss is downright scary!!!!
Imagine for a second the poor bastards that may be traded to Oakland, from N.E., or any other team. As for the Raiders, how could they improve anyway, since any players they do get probably catch the don't care, I'm in football limbo flu right away. Lose-lose for Oakland (until Davis and poor Art Shell move on).

Hawg 73 said:

That's ok. Who needs Moss when we have Caldwell? (yuck).

Jacky Roberts said:
That's ok. Who needs Moss when we have Caldwell? (yuck).

Did you read what PFT wrote? AL DAVIS is the problem. And yet another example of the current trend to lay the blame (regardless of the information we are given) at the feet of the Patriots.

And if Caldwell was enough they wouldn't have traded for Gabriel or signed Gaffney but why bother with facts, when we can continue to ***** about how BB and Pioli run the organization!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back