PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran rips Patriots pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOODOOZF

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Curran kills the Patriots thought process in his column today.

April 23, 2010

By Tom E. Curran
CSNNE.com

Patriots run the same old corner route

FOXBORO - When the Patriots called to tell Devin McCourty they were drafting him, he was in the bathroom.

And when the pick was announced, a parade of Patriots fans probably headed there. With their hand covering their mouths.

Not another defensive back . . . why?

EDIT: DO NOT POST FULL COPYRIGHTED ARTICLES

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please READ the front page on what it says regarding posting of articles..

Other than that, who cares what Curran says.. He sold out a long time ago..

Did he write this in a drive-thru? I lost count of the factual errors, logical fallacies and contradictions after the first few paragraphs.

Actually I couldnt agree with him more. Good article

Could you please READ the front page on what it says regarding posting of articles..

So someone who is telling the truth is a sell out??? He makes lots of points...

I forgot about that. I'm sorry.

And nope, not yet to Texas' Sergio Kindle, who remains on the board.

Wide receiver? Not interested in Dez Bryant, whom the Patriots handed to the Cowboys with the 24th pick.

Kindle is reported to need surgery, why would he be a better pick?

Reports say Dez isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, you think he'd be where he's supposed to be on the field when Brady throws him the ball? Anyone remember the speedy Galloway?

Actually I couldnt agree with him more. Good article

Really?

It's a real shame we didn't take Kindle.

So someone who is telling the truth is a sell out??? He makes lots of points...

Curran isn't telling the truth. He's writing an OP ED piece. ANd yes, he's a sell out. He sold out as soon as he went to MSNBC., Where the hell have you been?

Did he write this in a drive-thru? I lost count of the factual errors, logical fallacies and contradictions after the first few paragraphs.

Yeah, he lost me after he called Wilhite a second round pick.

What really disgusts me about Curran is his ripping of the Celtics. That's on talk-radio-caller level.

On football he still makes at least a small attempt at objectivity -- e.g., contrast him to Borges.

That said, he's forgetting about contract duration and so on when he includes Hobbs and Springs in the discussion. He's right that if the W-backs were better, McCourty wouldn't have been as attractive a pick. But the rest veers over the top.

That said, I'd still like 2 OLBs, a DE, a TE, and a power RB by the end of Day 2, and that's not going to happen now.

Boy... seeing how everyone is reacting to this pick, can you imagine how upset fans and the media would have been had Belichick taken Brady in the 1st round in 2000?

You bunch of Pats toadies. The Pats are falling apart, Howard Hughes, aka Bill Belichick has lost is fuking mind. And if I am Tom Brady I say C-YA, after this season. I can't wait till Belichick is gone.

Are you serious?

Don't let the door hit you in the *****.

You bunch of Pats toadies. The Pats are falling apart, Howard Hughes, aka Bill Belichick has lost is fuking mind. And if I am Tom Brady I say C-YA, after this season. I can't wait till Belichick is gone.
Intelligence quotient - below zero...I can't wait until you're gone.

Freaking douchebag ... go flush yourself.

Reports say Dez isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, you think he'd be where he's supposed to be on the field when Brady throws him the ball? Anyone remember the speedy Galloway?

It's too bad you need to be a Rhodes Scholar to catch passes for the Patriots. Ben Watson and his near perfect Wonderlic seemed to never be good enough, either.
I am not saying we should have drafted Dez, but I chuckle every time the issue of WR intelligence = success in the Patriots offense comes up. There are only so many Mosses and Welkers - maybe we need to dummy it down so some other guys can help the team.

AP and Toby Gerhart what a duo.

It's too bad you need to be a Rhodes Scholar to catch passes for the Patriots. Ben Watson and his near perfect Wonderlic seemed to never be good enough, either.
I am not saying we should have drafted Dez, but I chuckle every time the issue of WR intelligence = success in the Patriots offense comes up. There are only so many Mosses and Welkers - maybe we need to dummy it down so some other guys can help the team.

I think your way overstating things, you dont have to be a Rhodes Scholar but you have to have some intelligence and be willing to work hard, things Dez apparently doesnt posess, per reports, or at least thats how the Pats felt after doing their due diligence.
I dont think Moss or Welker or Branch are geniouses but are hard working and have football intelligence.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you're an idiot.

Instant classic Jets troll rant. Thanks for the laughs. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey