PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Patriots ugly win vs. Jets doesn't ease concerns moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedard saw the film so maybe he is right. At the same time , when he says non complimentary things about the pats we kill him too,right ?:D

It seems that more in the media and on this site approach the Pats as film critics would. A happy ending isn't enough; esthetics are what count.

Assuming that the Pats are too professional to allow Los Angeles to be a "trap" game, I think we'll know most of what we need to know after Baltimore and @Denver. They'll be on a short week @Denver, who will have had a 1:00 game in Tennessee the Sunday before. We'll know what's up with Gronk and what, if anything, is up with Brady.

It seems that more in the media and on this site approach the Pats as film critics would. A happy ending isn't enough; esthetics are what count.
media=hopeless

people: would benefit from accepting that it's a marathon, not a sprint

Not sure why there is a concern unless you think this is a Super Bowl Championship team.

Ugly loss against Seattle, ugly win against SF, ugly win against Jets and probably an ugly win against LA.

Then the games begin against Denver and Miami. There will probably be a least one ugly loss hopefully not two.

Jets game will be a throw away.

IMO the Pats won't make it to the Superbowl this season. That will be heartbreaking because we have 8 good receivers and 3 good running backs and couldn't get it done.

Who's stopping us from making the Superbowl? None of the other AFC teams really look all that great and we'll probably have HFA throughout the playoffs.

Maybe he misses Kay too

Well can't blame her for leaving a once a week show in Boston to go host nfln's new daily morning show, which is by far the biggest gig in her career.

Last edited:
Curran has turned into another village idiot

I think a lot of people here in the board and also in the media are trying to outsmart themselves thinking they can predict BB's moves in the wake of the Collins trade.

I just dont see it. Gronk is the total opposite of the players that get shipped out. He is comitted, bought into the team first approach and works hard. He has never left a game Talib style because of some bruising but even fought through a perforated lung.

The only way this happens is because their internal conditioning metrics project him declining sooner than later. But that's not the point Curran & co. are trying to make.

I think a lot of people here in the board and also in the media are trying to outsmart themselves thinking they can predict BB's moves in the wake of the Collins trade.

I just dont see it. Gronk is the total opposite of the players that get shipped out. He is comitted, bought into the team first approach and works hard. He has never left a game Talib style because of some bruising but even fought through a perforated lung.

The only way this happens is because their internal conditioning metrics project him declining sooner than later. But that's not the point Curran & co. are trying to make.

they are all wringing their hands over being the first one who called the dynasty 'over'

Sometimes insanity develops abruptly.

Well can't blame her for leaving a once a week show in Boston to go host nfln's new daily morning show, which is by far the biggest gig in her career.
I...I don't care!!!!!!!:(
th
th

Who's stopping us from making the Superbowl? None of the other AFC teams really look all that great and we'll probably have HFA throughout the playoffs.

Last I looked Oakland Raiders were equal on stats with us and the games I watched they would kick our ass and then there is KC

Last I looked Oakland Raiders were equal on stats with us and the games I watched they would kick our ass and then there is KC

KC maybe. Ravens maybe. Raiders? I seriously doubt it. KC probably wins that division.

There's not a single thing that the Oakland defense does well:

Yards = 29th
Pass Yards = 28th
Rush Yards = 26th
Points Allowed = 23rd
Sacks = DEAD LAST

They create turnovers somehow, but we've seen defenses here in the past that followed this formula, and those TO's dried up in the playoffs. There's nothing on that defense that should scare a half-healthy Patriots offense.

You can give your personal interpretation of what you heard him say all you want but his exact words are:

"Most encouraging D performance in some time."

Which contradicts Curran's "regression from SF" statement and also parallels my personal feeling of the Jets game.

Now, whether you agree with Bedard or not is a different story and I am not interested in that discussion.

As I said, he went back and forth on the level of play. He was all over the place, both regarding individuals and regarding the team. According to him, for example, Butler had issues, but he wouldn't give him his #1 dud because he had good coverage on Fitz's strip sack and he forced the fumble after blowing coverage on the same play, so he actually wouldn't name a #1 dud. Yes, it's true. He wouldn't name a #1 down in a simple segment called "3 up, 3 down". That's how bizarre his appearance was.

Last edited:
There's not a single thing that the Oakland defense does well:

Yards = 29th
Pass Yards = 28th
Rush Yards = 26th
Points Allowed = 23rd
Sacks = DEAD LAST

They create turnovers somehow, but we've seen defenses here in the past that followed this formula, and those TO's dried up in the playoffs. There's nothing on that defense that should scare a half-healthy Patriots offense.

I don't have the optimistic view you have of our offense. In the past three (3) games we can't put together two (2) drives back to back in the entire first half of these games. Don't forget two (2) of these team were cellerdwellers.

I don't have the optimistic view you have of our offense. In the past three (3) games we can't put together two (2) drives back to back in the entire first half of these games. Don't forget two (2) of these team were cellerdwellers.
Hang in there; several of these guys - including Brady - will be getting better over the next month.

Yeah I know we play close games with the Jets, the offense struggled though. The Defense didn't look good doing it but they kept us in the game vs the Jets. The Pats offense just needs to be healthy going into the playoffs thats the main concern. Moving the ball against the Ravens and Denver and scoring 24+ against those teams will give me great confidence going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back