PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Patriots ugly win vs. Jets doesn't ease concerns moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of great teams have ugly wins. I think the NE fans are are looking for perfection week to week and it might be that they are spoiled. Looking for something wrong rather than what is working. Truth is it was a hard division game and if your a jets fan this would be a different post. Boys pulled it off and thats all that matters. No one cares that you won the SB by 3pts, you won the SB.
I may be wrong but I think this complaining about flaws is fairly new around here, don't remember it a few years ago. You're right though, it's probably a by product of sustained success and getting that 4th ring.

"I love the new Patriots Uniforms"

- John Hannah 1994

:D
th
didn't know he cared...

Ryan Fitzpatrick who has arguably been the worst QB in the NFL this season and a 115 passer rating against the patriots defense.

Not sure why there is a concern unless you think this is a Super Bowl Championship team.

Ugly loss against Seattle, ugly win against SF, ugly win against Jets and probably an ugly win against LA.

Then the games begin against Denver and Miami. There will probably be a least one ugly loss hopefully not two.

Jets game will be a throw away.

IMO the Pats won't make it to the Superbowl this season. That will be heartbreaking because we have 8 good receivers and 3 good running backs and couldn't get it done.

Not sure why there is a concern unless you think this is a Super Bowl Championship team.

Ugly loss against Seattle, ugly win against SF, ugly win against Jets and probably an ugly win against LA.

Then the games begin against Denver and Miami. There will probably be a least one ugly loss hopefully not two.

Jets game will be a throw away.

IMO the Pats won't make it to the Superbowl this season. That will be heartbreaking because we have 8 good receivers and 3 good running backs and couldn't get it done.

Gotta disagree. Pats showed me sunday they have what it takes to win the SB. mental and physical toughness. the hallmarks of evry SB-winning team theyve had. Blowing teams out 45-3 does not prepare you to win SBs. Games like the Jets game do. The Pats have won every SB by 3 points or less(tho the philly game wasnt that close). Excluding the philly sb, which was already won, the Pats were either trailing or tied in the other 3-and needed major toughness and focus to win each. The jets game was really the 1st game the Pats were in that situation this season and won. Both defense and offense stepped up and made plays when it was all on the line- that is championship-caliber football. Have you already forgotten what they overcame just 2 years ago? how about being down not once, but twice to the ravens by 14 points? Of course, just like 2014 and every other year since he came in the nfl-the Pats need gronk-with him, they likely would already have one or two more rings. They need all their key players healthy. Besides which , who scares you? Odds are the pats will get the #1 seed-theyll be favored over anyone they play. Dallas doesnt scare me. Seattle is still the most likely matchup and that would likely play out similar to 2014-a close game.

Gotta disagree. Pats showed me sunday they have what it takes to win the SB. mental and physical toughness. the hallmarks of evry SB-winning team theyve had. Blowing teams out 45-3 does not prepare you to win SBs. Games like the Jets game do. The Pats have won every SB by 3 points or less(tho the philly game wasnt that close). Excluding the philly sb, which was already won, the Pats were either trailing or tied in the other 3-and needed major toughness and focus to win each. The jets game was really the 1st game the Pats were in that situation this season and won. Both defense and offense stepped up and made plays when it was all on the line- that is championship-caliber football. Have you already forgotten what they overcame just 2 years ago? how about being down not once, but twice to the ravens by 14 points? Of course, just like 2014 and every other year since he came in the nfl-the Pats need gronk-with him, they likely would already have one or two more rings. They need all their key players healthy. Besides which , who scares you? Odds are the pats will get the #1 seed-theyll be favored over anyone they play. Dallas doesnt scare me. Seattle is still the most likely matchup and that would likely play out similar to 2014-a close game.

right to disagree, we must have watch a different game on Sunday vs Jets and the game against SF and Seattle.

Time will tell who is right, I hope you are.

They showed me more in that jets game than ive seen all season. I feel about this team a lot of how i felt about the 2014 team. if theyre healthy, they have the best shot of any team in the nfl of hoisting the lombardi, imo. time will tell, but im jacked for the rest of the season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick who has arguably been the worst QB in the NFL this season and a 115 passer rating against the patriots defense.

bums like fitz and comrade kap have decent days against us. not good..

..btw does anyone have any info on gronk?? how's his back?

Seems like others are also disagreeing with your holy "opinion".

Bedard saw the film so maybe he is right. At the same time , when he says non complimentary things about the pats we kill him too,right ?:D

Bedard saw the film so maybe he is right. At the same time , when he says non complimentary things about the pats we kill him too,right ?:D

My entire point was that I dont understand where exactly Curran sees his regression. I am not saying that it was a great performance or whatever but to me it felt a few steps above the SF game especially in terms of intensity and fire. Just keep an eye on Sheard to see that he definitely didn't checkout yet.

I guess it all depends what those beat guys look for. Bedard seems to be more about X/O than Curran (who i really, really like).

Maybe Quick Slants will resolve this issue.

He certainly hasn't been good, but passer rating??? Please. The one game in KC where he threw something like 6 picks got him a zero rating IIRC. That has a LOT to do with his overall rating for the season. Throw that one out and he has merely a bad to mediocre rating. Don't forget this is a guy who threw 30 TD's last year. Inconsistency is his issue, not talent. We just happened to get one of his good days

My entire point was that I dont understand where exactly Curran sees his regression. I am not saying that it was a great performance or whatever but to me it felt a few steps above the SF game especially in terms of intensity and fire. Just keep an eye on Sheard to see that he definitely didn't checkout yet.

I guess it all depends what those beat guys look for. Bedard seems to be more about X/O than Curran (who i really, really like).

Maybe Quick Slants will resolve this issue.
I really miss Kay. Almost makes me want to tune in to GMF. Almost.

Seems like others are also disagreeing with your holy "opinion".

Not really. If you listen to him, he said that he thought they were bad when he watched the game, and thought they showed better when he reviewed the film. He then went on to say things like (paraphrasing):

Butler had issues
Rowe had his moments, but was there for the taking
New guys didn't know assignments
Guys were often in position, even when they didn't execute
These teams are moving the ball on the Patriots
etc...

So he's basically giving the defense a participation trophy, while going back and forth on their actual level of play on an almost minute-by-minute basis.

Not really. If you listen to him, he said that he thought they were bad when he watched the game, and thought they showed better when he reviewed the film. He then went on to say things like (paraphrasing):

Butler had issues
Rowe had his moments, but was there for the taking
New guys didn't know assignments
Guys were often in position, even when they didn't execute
These teams are moving the ball on the Patriots
etc...

So he's basically giving the defense a participation trophy, while going back and forth on their actual level of play on an almost minute-by-minute basis.

You can give your personal interpretation of what you heard him say all you want but his exact words are:

"Most encouraging D performance in some time."

Which contradicts Curran's "regression from SF" statement and also parallels my personal feeling of the Jets game.

Now, whether you agree with Bedard or not is a different story and I am not interested in that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back