PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Patriots have cut cord to past

Status
Not open for further replies.
BINGO! Like Seymour smacking the perv right in his grille.

> Thankfully Peyton Manning bailed them out with a terrible INT.

Call me Homer, but Cunningham *caused* the INT with a hand on Peyton's throwing side.... As Peyton said "I couldn't get what I wanted on the ball for whatever reason..." The defense Made The Play to kill the comeback drive, and sealed the game.

> Thankfully Peyton Manning bailed them out with a terrible INT.

Call me Homer, but Cunningham *caused* the INT with a hand on Peyton's throwing side.... As Peyton said "I couldn't get what I wanted on the ball for whatever reason..." The defense Made The Play to kill the comeback drive, and sealed the game.

I bought this when I first looked at the replay.

Sacks are overrated but pressuring the QB so that he is uncomfortable in the pocket, not able to go through his progressions or step into his throws is not.

He's repeated what most of us have said all the way. This team is performing above expectation and that we should ride out the rocky nature of this a long the way.

More to the point we should enjoy the ride... but Curran also seems to want to play the contrarian and offer excuses for the team given their youth:

Who the hell is left from the glory days?

And yet we're going to wonder why an offense with Danny Woodhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis at running back, rookies at tight end, a first-year wideout (Brandon Tate), a brittle wideout (Deion Branch) and a still-recovering one (Wes Welker) can't close out the Indianapolis Colts?

Yeah Tom, we're going to wonder why the offense can't close out the game when we've seen them execute so well earlier in the game... the 2001 team never made any excuses for themselves... neither does this one, nor do the fans

The end of game playcalling is likely different than the playcalling earlier in the game, but it still comes down to execution and we're not kidding ourselves that there's a lot of improvement potential here, as much as we're loving this season and the over-achieving offense, and quite often the defense too!

Welcome to situational coaching and how the Patriots ignored the teaching of their own HC.
It's interesting how you mentioned the lack of red zone chances as the reason why the TE's weren't involved in the pass game.
The Colts D saw those 4th qtr possessions by the Patriots as red zone football, they needed to stop the Pats from going 10 yds and getting a 1st down and that's exactly how they played it.
They compressed their D at the line to stuff the run and went man to man with their D smurfs DB's on our O smurf WR's.
And guess what??
The Patriots NEVER adjusted to what the Colts were doing on defense in those possessions.
The Colts are jamming the line, playing man on our small WR's and we don't need a 6' 6" TE in our pass game at that point??
Are you kidding me?
If there were ever a time in that game that screamed out for those big tall pass catching TE's it was in those 4th qtr possessions when the Colts D was in a red zone mode and the Pats did nothing to counter it/exploit it.
Situational football and Bill O'Brien and this O flunked and flunked badly in the 4th qtr.
Thankfully Peyton Manning bailed them out with a terrible INT.
It NEVER should have come to that
And you know who agrees with me?? Tom Brady.

It's obvious all that money spent on anger management was exactly successful.

Why not just go down to the shelter and kick a few puppies?

This article should be stickied and be required reading for all the drama queens.

He may not be the first and only one to be thinking this, but the article brings a lot of perspective to this team's accomplishments this year and that's something that a number of folks around here don't appreciate.

It's really too bad that so many people can't enjoy this season for what it is.

It's obvious all that money spent on anger management was exactly successful.

Why not just go down to the shelter and kick a few puppies?

Sorry Tinkerbell. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by actually discussing the game and breaking down strategy. Didn't mean to talk over you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back