PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Offers a "Mea Culpa"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am willing to go back to the original topic since I played a major role in derailing this thread. Brady doesn't seem to be a guy who holds a grudge with the media. He kinda rolls with the punches and knows the game. If Curran feels he has a legitimate scoop, he has to run with it even if it isn't something Brady would like or ultimately turn out to be totally false.

My ONLY problem with Curran on this issue was that he didn't handle the criticism or reports contradicting his story with the grace I would expect out of a professional. He has moved on and not maintained the immaturity he temporarilly had on the issue and gone back to being an ultimate professional. Hopefully, he has learned from this experience.

As for the story itself, I am sure most reporters would have ran with it if his source is as good as many others in the media who know who it is have attested to. Felger and Holley both vouched for his source.

Part of his Mea Culpa was that he said he should have contacted Brady or the team to give them a chance to refute or deny his information. He said that not doing that a failure on his part, but that the source he used was one he'd considered impeccable up to that point.

Part of his Mea Culpa was that he said he should have contacted Brady or the team to give them a chance to refute or deny his information. He said that not doing that a failure on his part, but that the source he used was one he'd considered impeccable up to that point.

It is typically good journalism to allow the subject of the story to confirm or deny the story. I gotta agree there. But as you said, the source was considered impeccable. Still it is journalism 101 to allow Brady or the Pats to confirm or deny. For some reason, I thought he did.

They talked about the Brady story and the Favre story. And, it should be pointed out, they're talking Favre again as we speak.

It's the offseason, and the Red Sox are the #1 team in Boston. Expecting them to talk all afternoon about a walkthrough of the Patriots, which is all that they did today, would be the expectations of a diseased mind.

Your real gripe is that Boston is a baseball town and that baseball translates better to talk radio than football does. You just take it out on WEEI. I've been listening to the other station and, not surprisingly, they're doing the same thing.
Dear WEEI apologist,

Bruschi comes back from a stroke and Smerlas and DeOssie break down the Red Sox Front office.

Dear WEEI apologist,

Bruschi comes back from a stroke and Smerlas and DeOssie break down the Red Sox Front office.

We're talking about today. Thanks.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING AT PATRIOTS CAMP TODAY. They did talk about Brady, however.

I hope that helps.

Two player have to be carted off the field due to heat worries. Hello Korey Stringer. The wisdom of Belichick doing two-a-days with full pads, Welker missing like 13 (or so) straight practices, Morris strangely out since the Eagle game.

That is three, easy Patriot related topics. But they talked about Brady, so they are a great football news source.

We're talking about today. Thanks.

Dear WEEI apologist,

Here to talk about the future, huh, Mr. McGuire?:)

So do you agree they have been an awful source of football talk, but in the past.

Curran taking his lumps, etc. I agree he should have let Brady/Patriots confirm/deny the story, but it was sports, not Watergate. Brady forgave him, end of story in my book.

They're talking about football on WEEI???

I've been listening to the new FM station 98.5 and like it so far. Zolak's on the midday slot and talks football, and Felger talked football during afternoon drive time. I think it helps that the station carries the Pats games, so they're bound to talk more football than WEEI.

Two player have to be carted off the field due to heat worries. Hello Korey Stringer. The wisdom of Belichick doing two-a-days with full pads, Welker missing like 13 (or so) straight practices, Morris strangely out since the Eagle game.

That is three, easy Patriot related topics. But they talked about Brady, so they are a great football news source.

Dear WEEI apologist,

Here to talk about the future, huh, Mr. McGuire?:)

So do you agree they have been an awful source of football talk, but in the past.

WEEI did talk about the the heat and the lineman. It was a basic non-issue, as was made obvious by the player himself. He had leg cramps. How long should a radio station devote to leg cramps? Personally, I'm thinking about 5-10 seconds, and WEEI overdid it.

Welker and Morris missing time: Well, we don't know what's going on because the Patriots don't give out information, so we can

a.) Make crap up

b.) Move on

I'll take b, thanks.

Now, if you want to converse, converse. If you want to troll, feel free to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back