PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: No reason explains why Pats settled for so little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Probably on some level... but it has nothing to do with paying his players......As you infered.

I didn't mean to infer that. While I do think the NFL, NBA, MLB will be affected by the economy, Kraft will spend money on the team b/c he's committed to putting the best possible team out there. But that doesn't mean he's completely insulated from the mess the country is in.

I didn't mean to infer that. While I do think the NFL, NBA, MLB will be affected by the economy, Kraft will spend money on the team b/c he's committed to putting the best possible team out there. But that doesn't mean he's completely insulated from the mess the country is in.

Krafts EGO is the reason he spends money. I, like you and others, are just riding his coat tail..

Krafts EGO is the reason he spends money. I, like you and others, are just riding his coat tail..

That and that he makes a ton of money by paying those players. The Patriots aren't a non-profit organization, man.

That and that he makes a ton of money by paying those players. The Patriots aren't a non-profit organization, man.

Correct they are private.. But he gets a lot of benefits like a non-profit.. Hell most HEALTH COMPANIES are non proft.. We knows that BS.. It just allows them to pay less in taxes..

I guess that is what seperates you from me.. You think your talking to a teenager but in reality your talking to someone highly educated that understands how the financial market works.. Read RICH DAD, POOR DAD.. its an eye opener..

That apartment complex is going to come in handy in 20 years when I'm kicking back retired :)

To be clear, I was referring to your style of posting, not your opinion on the market.

To be clear, I was referring to your style of posting, not your opinion on the market.

Well I'll give you that.. I'm not sitting here spell checking this and that.. But if that's the best you got.. Shoot.. hahahah.. go 4 it

I guess that is what seperates you from me.. You think your talking to a teenager but in reality your talking to someone highly educated that understands how the financial market works.. Read RICH DAD, POOR DAD.. its an eye opener..

That apartment complex is going to come in handy in 20 years when I'm kicking back retired :)

I was just about to ask you if you read that book with the rich people buy assets and poor people buy liabilities. That was a great book!

I was just about to ask you if you read that book with the rich people buy assets and poor people buy liabilities. That was a great book!

yup it was good but you should only take a few things out of it.. As I was reading it some stuff didn't sound right. So I did a little research.. REad this

John T. Reed's analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Now this guy John takes a narrow view and blasts the entire book.. Overall it was good but some of it, like BET BIG TO WIN BIG, you should steer away from..

Way to turn a thread WICKED boring guys. :rolleyes:

And rich guy, you really gotta slow down on the semi-elipsis. I keep thinking I'm hammered.

Michael Smith on ESPN said that Cassel has not signed a long term deal with KC and will be paid under the franchise tag salary of $14+ Milllion.

One possible explanation for settling for only a 2nd round pick is that Cassel and his agent had much greater control over the process.

Perhaps many teams were interested in Cassel, but if they could not get him signed long-term then they were not going to give multiple high picks for what may turn out to be only one year with the new team.

I know the new team can franchise him again but that means another $15M salary in 2010.

Guys this is simple a franchised Cassel was weighing the pats down and preventing us from doing anything in the offseason. THe pats want to keep all there options open and be able to compete for free agents like maybe Bodden and Springs. Now that Matt Cassel is gone to KC we can now make descent offers to guys that we like. The pats had two options with Cassel that guarateed them a chance at being competitive with Free Agents.
A. We franchise him and ship him out of here as fast as humanly possible to the highest bidder or B. LEt him walk and get nothing for him.

We chose A and got the 34th pick in the draft not bad in my opinion considering the little effort it was worth to get.

Way to turn a thread WICKED boring guys. :rolleyes:

And rich guy, you really gotta slow down on the semi-elipsis. I keep thinking I'm hammered.

talking about make yourself more responsible is boring.. hmm..

Guys this is simple a franchised Cassel was weighing the pats down and preventing us from doing anything in the offseason. THe pats want to keep all there options open and be able to compete for free agents like maybe Bodden and Springs. Now that Matt Cassel is gone to KC we can now make descent offers to guys that we like. The pats had two options with Cassel that guarateed them a chance at being competitive with Free Agents.
A. We franchise him and ship him out of here as fast as humanly possible to the highest bidder or B. LEt him walk and get nothing for him.

We chose A and got the 34th pick in the draft not bad in my opinion considering the little effort it was worth to get.

U lost me at springs.. And we know about the money issue its the rate of return you got for Cassel.. A top 13 QB, that is 26, only generated a 2nd round pick (and thats giving up and OLB)

Actually, I'd characterize the choices this way:

(A) Franchise him and ship him out ASAP, and have the benefit of the $14.6M in cap space immediately, or
(B) Take the chance they can get more later, and keep that $14.6M tied up.

I don't think Brady helped matters any, but he certainly didn't hurt them much, either.

talking about make yourself more responsible is boring.. hmm..

Yep.. It is on this forum.. So, in business, does the double period mean a sentence fragment is like... SUPER-over?? I mean.. :D

pretty decent article from curran

6. The franchise is in an uncomfortable financial position because of the economic crisis, their exposure in the auction-rate bond market and their investment and development in Patriot Place, a huge outdoor mall connected to Gillette Stadium and had no stomach for running the risk of getting stuck with Cassel. "

Its on propery craft owns and hosptial (admin building), hotel and cinema have long term leases in place.. Plus he has a nice cushy tax exemtion from Foxboro.. MONEY is not an issue for the Krafts.. MY GOD

He's talking about the financing for the team and the mall. The credit crisis has made things difficult for people who finance month-to-month, and the Patriots are one such team that does the financing this way. It's not a matter of having the money to pay, it's a matter of finding someone to take the mortgage each and every month. Imagine having to go to your bank every month to cut a new mortgage for your house, and then suddenly, the bank goes belly-up, and the only willing to take-on your mortgage is charging 20%.

Yep.. It is on this forum.. So, in business, does the double period mean a sentence fragment is like... SUPER-over?? I mean.. :D

hehhee.. I'm sure its an eye sore.. Right a lot of short hand notes at my job :)

He's talking about the financing for the team and the mall. The credit crisis has made things difficult for people who finance month-to-month, and the Patriots are one such team that does the financing this way. It's not a matter of having the money to pay, it's a matter of finding someone to take the mortgage each and every month. Imagine having to go to your bank every month to cut a new mortgage for your house, and then suddenly, the bank goes belly-up, and the only willing to take-on your mortgage is charging 20%.

Read my previous posts.. he owns commerical property.. Plus he owns the land and pays little or no tax.. Kraft is not hurt by this market.. No freaking way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back