PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Marshall Faulk not over being cheated out of Super Bowl victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the tapes? Whose word are you taking on this?

Honest question.

There are MANY issues here. Is there any so-called evidence that was not presented? Who was in charge of turning over the evidence?

but the tapes were shown...

"Right now, the media are waiting for Goodell in the ballroom of a nearby hotel. The NFL, in full-disclosure mode, is showing the eight SpyGate tapes that Walsh submitted to the league.

We’ve been watching the tapes for more than 30 minutes, and the biggest buzz in the room came when the camera was focused on the tush of a Chargers cheerleader. The shot lasted more than a minute, prompting lots of laughs in the room."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...p-close-chargers-cheerleader-article-1.332672

I'm addressing the thread...the topic of the thread.

No, you are talking about spygate.

Marshall Faulk's allegations are not about about spygate, which happened, but about taping practices, which did not.

How can that explanation be made any clearer for you?

Every point you have tried to make has been irrelevant to the topic of this thread, and moreover, we lose brain cells attempting to make sense of your senseless off-topic ramblings.

but the tapes were shown...

"Right now, the media are waiting for Goodell in the ballroom of a nearby hotel. The NFL, in full-disclosure mode, is showing the eight SpyGate tapes that Walsh submitted to the league.

We’ve been watching the tapes for more than 30 minutes, and the biggest buzz in the room came when the camera was focused on the tush of a Chargers cheerleader. The shot lasted more than a minute, prompting lots of laughs in the room."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2Jc3fdOYp

Link is not working..

The Patriots got busted knowingly breaking the rules to gain some kind of advantage. This is true. That's called cheating. This happened. It's not like the Patriots are victims here...they were warned, yet continued to do it. Why do you think they would do that if they weren't benefiting in some way? Since this is true, people will read into it in a lot of ways that suit their agenda, and that includes Patriots fans.

Patriots fans seem to think that Spygate was nothing at all. Some, in this very thread, want to call some people's sanity for having problems with the cheating that DID occur. It wasn't nothing at all...let's get that straight. It was something. Breaking the rules (cheating) is the worst thing you can do in a game. How much that actually benefited you is almost beside the point.

Here's what John Harbaugh had to say about it recently:

I guess you all hate John Harbaugh now, and will never claim a shred of responsibility for the Patriots' underhanded activities and how that's affected the PERCEPTION of the team. People outside of New England are not so readily willing to shrug it off as a non-issue.

What Harbaugh said is a common sentiment around the league and the fans. The Patriots are not VICTIMS of this sentiment...they created it themselves. How? By breaking the rules to gain an advantage. Not only was there no damage control done by the Patriots, but Belichick claims ignorance to the rule, which nobody bought. Do you really think that Belichick had no idea about this rule, even after he was warned?

It's a contradiction really...maybe a form of poetic justice...that the Patriots dynasty is perceived unfairly. Why? Because they they cheated, and that was unfair. It isn't going to go away, either.

Go ahead and call me names. I can take it.

The facts are that (1) the Patriots were stealing signals via video camera and (2) the Patriots cameraman was filming in a spot where he wasn't permitted to be. If he was in an enclosed roof-covered space it would have been legal, but that doesn't make it okay.

However, the emphasis has been on the fact that the Patriots were stealing signals which is legal when done right. All these whiny losers have been pushing the narrative that they had some expectation of privacy when hand-signaling their players on the field during a live televised game. It's a joke that the position of the cameraman had a significant impact on the game. A joke.

Watch out. The band of homers around here aren't going to like that one. But you're right. This is something that Belichick should have set straight right from the get go.

Just to be clear, the Patriots strongly denied any taping of a walk-through as soon as the allegations were made public. Not sure why so many believe that the Patriots never addressed this issue. :confused:

I'm addressing the thread...the topic of the thread.

If there is only one way to respond to it, then why have it in the first place?

So if you think that the Patriots got shafted themselves by Spygate, then that's not a surprise, but I don't see how that's a proven fact. Speculation lingers, and it seems this thread was created just to tell EVERYONE that still hasn't "admitted" that the Patriots were victims of some kind are completely stupid *******s. Seems somebody wanted to talk about it...or was the thread created just for you sensitive fellas to comfort one another?

I don't recall being warned about anything, either. If you don't want to talk about it, then don't. Don't rehash it then. I'm honestly wondering about how Patriots fans think about certain aspects of this. Don't take part if you are offended by that. I didn't attack anybody or anything at all. We're talking about football, not dissing anybody's momma, or anything of the kind.

Way to miss both the point I was making and the warning I was trying to give you. If you get banned, it'll be your own folly that was responsible. I'm just going to put you on ignore in order to avoid further ignorant posts on your part.

Just to be clear, the Patriots strongly denied any taping of a walk-through as soon as the allegations were made public. Not sure why so many believe that the Patriots never addressed this issue. :confused:
You are absolutely correct. It was the taping of signals he and Kraft turtled on. The Rams taping is an urban legend that has grown to be accepted as fact by many, including local media, print, electronic and TV/radio.

You are absolutely correct. It was the taping of signals he and Kraft turtled on. The Rams taping is an urban legend that has grown to be accepted as fact by many, including local media, print, electronic and TV/radio.

The red zone argument continues to be the funniest part of the claim.

Marshall's suffering amuses me and brings Joy to my Heart. :)

He is STUPID.

He is a filthy, pestilential LIAR.

He is SLIME.

LET him boil and bubble in his Life of Bittery Misery.

I could NOT be happier at'is self-imposed Fate. :cool:

There's your benefit answer Meat.

You, Harbaugh and the rest of them need to realize that filming from the unauthorized middle of the field was not expressly prohibited until Goodells ex-cathedra memo sometime in 2006. Belichick let his disdain for Herr Kommisar influence his judgement thinking he could wordsmith his way around the injunction. Goodell over reacted with the punishment but it was BB's bad judgment and flouting the rule openly that cost the Pats the Wrath of Kahn.

The memo was a reminder, not an explanation of some new rule, which some people think. They do not give only "memos" out about new rules. The memo is believed to have been generated in part by suspicions that the Patriots had videotaped coaches at several games the previous season.

Roger Goodell:

“This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

Fact is that the Patriots were ordered to turn in their materials, and they took their own sweet time doing it...took them three days, from what I understand. Would YOU trust another team turning voer its most damning evidence in such a situation? Which falls back to my main point: why all the shock and chagrin about the backlash about breaking the rules? People are not stupid to question everything that happened here, like some think. The matter has not been inequitably resolved, either.

That is why you have Marshall Faulk and John Harbaugh talking the way they are. And that's why it's going to continue to come up.

See, that's the thing. I'm not trolling the thread. I'm offering an unpopular viewpoint, but that's about it.

No, you are trolling this thread. You are trolling this forum. You are the textbook definition of a troll. Look in the dictionary under "troll" and your picture could be right there. You accuse us of being what you yourself are: In your case, someone with a blinded bias AGAINST the Pats. You feel the need to respond to everyone here. You're obsessed with the last word.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You pass off massive personal biased assumptions as "facts". You have a massive superiority complex and a massive arrogance in pretending to speak for the entire fanbases of 31 other teams. If everyone hated the Pats as you say, or thought "Cameragate" (that's what the reality of what it should be called, BTW. Not "Spygate".) delegitimized everything the Pats did since 2001, they wouldn't be the third most popular team nationally. Most fans are smarter than that and can see through the crap to what the facts really were.

Now go back to whatever Morally Pure team you root for and get lost, troll. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

blah blah blah, on and on about spygate, which this thread is NOT about

Tell me all of the facts that you know about the allegation of taping a Rams Super Bowl practice, which, for the 567th time, was a charge separate from (and even 5 months after) the spygate controversy.

Your response, I assume:

:crickets chirping:

Fact is that the Patriots were ordered to turn in their materials, and they took their own sweet time doing it...took them three days, from what I understand. Would YOU trust another team turning voer its most damning evidence in such a situation? Which falls back to my main point: why all the shock and chagrin about the backlash about breaking the rules? People are not stupid to question everything that happened here, like some think. The matter has not been inequitably resolved, either.

That is why you have Marshall Faulk and John Harbaugh talking the way they are. And that's why it's going to continue to come up.

Now I know you're trolling.

The memo was a reminder, not an explanation of some new rule, which some people think. They do not give only "memos" out about new rules. The memo is believed to have been generated in part by suspicions that the Patriots had videotaped coaches at several games the previous season.

Roger Goodell:

Took their own sweet time -"took them three days, from what I understand" for 7 yrs worth of stuff ? You basing your crap on this kind of stuff?

Now I know you're trolling.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sept. 17, 2007: In an Associated Press report, Belichick says he will comply with league request to turn over notes and videotapes but refuses to confirm that there is additional video, saying it is a league issue. Within the next three days, New England turns over materials.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3392047

What's the problem with what I said? Was it false?

Took their own sweet time -"took them three days, from what I understand" for 7 yrs worth of stuff ? You basing your crap on this kind of stuff?

Refer to above. The obvious point is that the Patriots turned over the evidence themselves. Yeah, why wouldn't they turn over everything, right? They could have easily DECIDED what it was that they were going to turn in given their freedom in the matter, don't you think? Do you disagree with that premise? I can't see how you could.

Do you think the police were brought in, took Belichick hostage and confiscated ALL materials with a knife to his throat? Me neither. This is why there are remaining QUESTIONS as to the actually extent of the rule breaking...not only the evidence that was collected and quickly destroyed, but the actual METHOD of collection to begin with.

Again, I'm talking about why people may have a problem with not trusting the Patriots. Right or wrong, they brought in on themselves and have to live with it. One should never cry about what one brought onto one's self. THAT is the point. THAT is what I'm talking about.

Marshall's suffering amuses me and brings Joy to my Heart. :)

He is STUPID.

He is a filthy, pestilential LIAR.

He is SLIME.

LET him boil and bubble in his Life of Bittery Misery.

I could NOT be happier at'is self-imposed Fate. :cool:

Vermin, by and large...amuse.

Roger Goodell:

First...Faulk and the thread topic is about a different issue which was retracted in print by the accuser and the paper (Herald). You keep ignoring this.

The suspicions that the Pats were taping prior to the memo are not suspicions. They, the Jets and others were taping. That is a fact. That is likely why Goodell wrote the memo to all teams to stop the practice which in his opinion was detrimental to competition.

Three days gets your panties in a bunch! Ridiculous.
Goodell warned BB and the Pats that if he did not get every single video and it turned out later that there was not 100% compliance the penalties would be even more severe than his already over the top reaction. Were I in charge of the Pats I'd make damn sure that no employee had any copy anywhere, home, at work, on some server, in some off-site backup facility wherever before I bet my career and my franchise saying "That's all of it"

Nice job ignoring the NY paper link citing viewing of said tapes.

Your behavior here is thus is that of a troll with an agenda, not a fan discussing the issue and the facts.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.What's the problem with what I said? Was it false?

How ya doin?
images

I agree that the stupidest thing Goodell could have done was claim he destroyed all the tapes two days after receiving them. That turned it into a fiasco. Keep the tapes on file. You don't have to give them all to the media, but let people have their look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back