Welcome to PatsFans.com

Curran: Browns’ stains on Patriots this offseason

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Feb 13, 2014.

1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

2. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 15 / -11

Stupid article. BB being asked for advice somehow has Curran blaming BB for the dysfunction of the Browns.
    Either that or he just thought it would be a funny title and had to make up the rest.
  3. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 26 / -18

No Jersey Selected

I wish Bill had advised them not to start TJ Ward against us last December.
  4. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +148 / 10 / -9

Is there a logical implication, that if Sciano can't find a home, that BB would find a home for Sciano on his staff, like he did for the ex-Texan coach now with the Pack, and Brian Daboll?

He has a couple of openings.
  5. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Isn't Curran kind of a Kraft toadie though? Wondering if the Krafts aren't a little miffed that BB was spending time (lobbying Browns ownership) trying to get his buddies an HC job (Schiano and Josh) as opposed to focusing on the Pats.
  6. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

Actually, I've seen/heard people accuse Curran of being Belichick apologist. I don't think he's anyone's apologist/toady. I almost always like his work, but once in a while he puts out something like this that makes me scratch my head. I know this: he's one of the very few around here who's willing to publicly call out the Borges, Shaughnessys and Felgers, and they don't like it when he does.
  7. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +749 / 14 / -12

just tweet him and find out what he thinks...or else put up a thread named "Calling Prentice McCray-Please Respond"
  8. Jackson 2

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

As we know, Prentice moseys on by now and again...and will offer his thoughts, although usually in a cryptically brief manner.
  9. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Don't people regularly give recommendations in their line of work? This article makes it seem like a thing that 99% of professionals don't do regularly.
  10. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

If nothing else, he's already coached about half of the defense back at Rutgers. Should be able to step right in.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Long, dull offseason = dumb mediots trying to connect dots.

Ain't it awful....
  12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +495 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

No, not at all. I've watched him pretty closely. He's one of the fairer/more insightful Pats reporters overall but still can get irritating with attention-baiting criticism.
  13. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No. Curran has his own opinions. He's openly not part of the hot sports takes crowd of talk radio, the Globe, and the Herald. He's known to call them out on their overt stupidity. I get the sense the fakeness and laziness of it bothers him.

He has also done more than his share of reporting that I'm sure was not appreciated inside the offices of Patriots Place. They certainly didn't like his reports on Tom Brady's ACL rehab and he was highly critical of what he viewed as a PR campaign by the team in the immediate aftermath of Aaron Hernandez's arrest - the team statement, the jersey exchange, etc.

I don't always agree with Curran but unlike many who cover the team/league he doesn't view his job as writing inflammatory stuff to troll for website hits. That is probably why he didn't last long with NBC Sports and they turned their web reporting over to Mike Florio.
  14. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

OK my bad. Thats right, I remember Prentice McCray on NBC for about one week then he was gone.
  15. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 1 / -6

#50 Jersey

Browns-gate!

Fabulous. Now the NFL and media can blame the New England Patriots and Bill Belichick for the Browns suckage. Belichick got Jimmy ("I knew nothing that my employees were doing that got 10 of them indicted for fraud") Haslam for screwing up the Cleveland Browns.

Curran and the Cleveland media are doing a tremendous job uncovering the real story.
  16. Jackson 2

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

One of the more revealing items about Curran: Belichick has been known to trade friendly, good-natured remarks with Curran at his press conferences, most recently near the end of the season.
  17. SacPete1

SacPete1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

This is really Mary Kay Cabot's story with Curran referencing it due to the BB mention.
    What really doesn't add up is BB reaching out to Haslam to encourage him to interview Schiano. I suspect this is twisted like the press often does to suit their agenda and more likely a case of Haslam reaching out to BB and asking for advice and potential candidates. Right there is the first problem and it falls square on Haslam. He's undermining what the role of his President and GM should be.
    Further, if BB was contacted by Haslam, wouldn't you expect BB to reach out to Lombardi to let him know this. I could see Lombardi being a little bent if his friend BB hadn't.
  18. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

The article name is wrong and so is the point.

Bill looking to keep the cheap talent pipeline in tact.

Belichick looking at his own best interests was hoping to move former Bucs coach Greg Schiano into Cleveland. Hoping that Schiano's abrasive personality would continue to alienate key players that led to the Patriots getting Talib and Blount for a cheap price. Josh Gordon for a 4th rounder anybody? Joe Hayden for Kyle Arrington?

[​IMG]
  19. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

Yeah, that's more like it.