PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady 'almost certainly' gone before 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady will decide when and where he's ready to hang it up. If you think BB respects the veteran JAG, what do you think he would do for Brady? Dump him a week before the season? No way. And do you really think TB would go play for a team like Jacksonville after some veteran salary dump/trade instead of just retiring unless he really wanted to play there? Heck, he might just take the pay cut and be the NE back-up and ride into the sunset here. Again up to him.

You really think this will end up being Brady's decision instead of BB?.......that Brady will decide how long he starts for the patriots, instead of the coach/gm?

just my opinion

I need to see Jimmy play in bad weather before he ever has my full confidence as Brady's successor.

I need to see Jimmy play in bad weather before he ever has my full confidence as Brady's successor.

interesting point......he does have small hands.......so that could be a factor

Curran predicts a QB passing age 40 won't be 'play'ing anymore? That's a profound psychic ability on display.

Brady is 37. It's odd to believe drafting a QB (who some considered a value at the pick he was drafted) was a waste. As tough a pill it is to swallow given Brady's age, it is conceivable JAG could supplant him before contract year 4. Maybe it isn't likely but it is certainly possible. There's also a tangible possibility JAG will be pressed into service due to other reasons. Curran is off base on this one....

Let me know when Brady's "go to" rush avoidance move becomes tossing the ball five yards into a crowd of defenders. Curran ought to lay off the juice (metaphorically, I don't know his habits) he's embarrassing himself.

Also, Johnny Unitas Jr. didn't have a playbook the last two years at his community college and is still unfamiliar, and usually uncomfortable, with taking the snap from center.

Besides that, I'm sure he's ready to take over from the greatest of all time very soon.

If he does dump Brady in the next few years, that would have to mean we've got ourselves a suitable replacement. In that case, I could live with it. I can't imagine BB would dump Brady without having a replacement in place.

Maybe, on a whim, he'll decide to pay him all the guaranteed money from his contract extension, but not take advantage of his services.

Brady is scheduled to make the same next year.Then scheduled to make 15 mil in 2016. And be 2years older than he is now. That will be the year he will have to take a substantial pay cut or let go.Jimmy G will have two years a Patriot under his belt.Probably with a new long term contract under his belt.
You will see Brady play for another team. Very sad but true.

Brady is scheduled to make the same next year.Then scheduled to make 15 mil in 2016. And be 2years older than he is now. That will be the year he will have to take a substantial pay cut or let go.Jimmy G will have two years a Patriot under his belt.Probably with a new long term contract under his belt.
You will see Brady play for another team. Very sad but true.

well articulated........you must have a blind spot when in comes to politics.......j/k......;)

Judging Garroppolo off those couple of pre-season games and thinking he's for sure our future starting QB is ridiculous

Brady has at least another 4 years if you ask me.
I agree. Just not sure they'll all be here.

You really think this will end up being Brady's decision instead of BB?.......that Brady will decide how long he starts for the patriots, instead of the coach/gm?

just my opinion

I do. Unless TB suddenly goes totally against his character and becomes unreasonable and selfish and wants to be the #1 knowing is not. He's such a team first player, he would never let himself hurt the team. And smart enough to know when the writing is on the wall and he doesn't have it any longer to be #1. And BB and Krafts will give him every opportunity to step down gracefully under his own terms if he resists reality which I doubt he would. Overall he calls it quits when he wants, or gets injured and it happens naturally. And this is the only BB coached player ever I would say this about. There's no way TB is shipped out overnight like Mankins, Seymour, etc. Unless he wants to go there of course. He'd take whatever pay cut they asked for if it was reasonable to keep playing for a winner, even as a reduced role, or just retire. It'll be interesting to see it play out. Hopefully NE wins the next 3 SB's and he decides to hang it up and make it easy on everyone. :)

Maybe, on a whim, he'll decide to pay him all the guaranteed money from his contract extension, but not take advantage of his services.

hopefully, by then, Jimmy G and his "services," will be ready to lead us to the promised land.....;)

just my opinion

I do. Unless TB suddenly goes totally against his character and becomes unreasonable and selfish and wants to be the #1 knowing is not. He's such a team first player, he would never let himself hurt the team. And smart enough to know when the writing is on the wall and he doesn't have it any longer to be #1. And BB and Krafts will give him every opportunity to step down gracefully under his own terms if he resists reality which I doubt he would. Overall he calls it quits when he wants, or gets injured and it happens naturally. And this is the only BB coached player ever I would say this about. There's no way TB is shipped out overnight like Mankins, Seymour, etc. Unless he wants to go there of course. He'd take whatever pay cut they asked for if it was reasonable to keep playing for a winner, even as a reduced role, or just retire. It'll be interesting to see it play out. Hopefully NE wins the next 3 SB's and he decides to hang it up and make it easy on everyone. :)

i agree that he will be treated in a more respectful "bruschi-like" way when this happens

When Brady leaves it will be on his own terms... he will not be traded or cut.

In the meantime the scribes, who clamor incessantly for attention, will continue to try to get a rise out of fans and more twitter followers(the measure of success)...

Do not worry, this is just another ploy to get attention...

Brady will be asked to take a substantial pay cut. Especially if his skills are beginning to diminish. He will be cut. For good or bad its the Patriot way.
Jimmy G. already looks better than any QB 2nd to Brady since Brady been the #1qb. You can tell he has the it factor. Very cool and elusive in the pocket. He will have Brady's skill level in two years just not the head or experience. But he will be his replacement.

Brady is not just some vet who can be cut to free of CAP space he is the face of the NFL and a big time money maker for the Kraft's so IMO even if BB wanted to cut Brady I don't think Kraft would let him if Brady still wanted to be a pat

When Brady leaves it will be on his own terms... he will not be traded or cut.

In the meantime the scribes, who clamor incessantly for attention, will continue to try to get a rise out of fans and more twitter followers(the measure of success)...

Do not worry, this is just another ploy to get attention...
(Not saying that Garoppollo is a franchise QB, it's an example). If the coaches believe that Garop is a franchise QB, then I would be mad if they let him go and stayed with Brady for 2 more years because they don't want to part on bad terms.

It's incredibly hard to find a franchise QB. Hell look at the rest of our division. They've been looking for one for years. If Garop looks even close to being one in 3 years then I think I would want us to roll with him instead of hoping Brady defines all odds. Especially when he will be 40 by then. I love Brady, he is the reason I became a fan. But if we think we have someone on the roster, or a chance to get someone, who can be our future QB in 3 years, then I think we need to take it and move on from Brady. There is a future after Brady and I would rather see the team do like the Colts and move on because they had a great chance for that. Then sit here in 15 years still looking for that franchise QB like the Dolphins have(and may still do)

Silly to predict the end based upon a preseason performance. BB will not show Brady the door unless his skills have eroded to the point another QB is the better option (and then it will happen, regardless of Brady's history here).

I won't bet against Brady as to how long he can remain elite and the better option, just as I am unwilling to bet JAG at this point is more than any other backup who has moved on to another team in prior years after 4 preseason games largely involving non-starter level opponents.

(Not saying that Garoppollo is a franchise QB, it's an example). If the coaches believe that Garop is a franchise QB, then I would be mad if they let him go and stayed with Brady for 2 more years because they don't want to part on bad terms.

It's incredibly hard to find a franchise QB. Hell look at the rest of our division. They've been looking for one for years. If Garop looks even close to being one in 3 years then I think I would want us to roll with him instead of hoping Brady defines all odds. Especially when he will be 40 by then. I love Brady, he is the reason I became a fan. But if we think we have someone on the roster, or a chance to get someone, who can be our future QB in 3 years, then I think we need to take it and move on from Brady. There is a future after Brady and I would rather see the team do like the Colts and move on because they had a great chance for that. Then sit here in 15 years still looking for that franchise QB.
very well said.....congrats

Brady is not just some vet who can be cut to free of CAP space he is the face of the NFL and a big time money maker for the Kraft's so IMO even if BB wanted to cut Brady I don't think Kraft would let him if Brady still wanted to be a pat

you think kraft will overrule BB and let Brady be the QB for as long as he wants?......till he's 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes