PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran article on Jets tampering

Just because you got laughed out of the deflate gate forum doesn't mean you know can be an idiot here too.
I congratulate you , I didn't expect a person of your limited mental capacity could recognize sarcasm as your fellow posters on that thread failed to do so. As I said in the other thread, I will return when a decision is rendered either to admit my mistake or to admit I was correct. You have no control over where and when I post. If you don't like it, please put me on ignore. I certainly don't need the approval of an imbecile like yourself to make my day.

Last edited:
My big take-away from Curran's article was after Woody spoke about wanting Revis back, Revis justifiably felt compelled to find out what the Jets might offer. That would put his negotiations with the Pats on hold, and THAT is tampering.

Seeing Revis crying immediately after the Super Bowl win said to me he has the heart of a true competitor. He already has something like $100 million in the bank; how could whatever the Jets give him above what the Patriots offer make that much difference vs. another title run? If he goes elsewhere just for bigger money I'll be pissed at him.

As much as I love Revis and as integral as he was to the return of the defense last season...

If Schefter is right, and the Jets really will give him anything, I say fan the sweet sweet flames of that tire fire by letting them shell out a king's ransom for a 29-year-old corner who'll be either retired or washed up by the time they stumble into competence at QB (and RB, and OL, LB, rest of the secondary, etc.)

Those loser fans are so desperate for any kind of 'win' over the Pats, they'll meet this latest torpedoing of their franchise with thunderous applause.

(So LaFell will be a little quiet next time we play them, who cares!)

It's all about the integrity of the game vs. a league office that is pro new York.

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" goddell needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

If he goes elsewhere just for bigger money I'll be pissed at him.

But that's kinda how he's been his entire career...so if he does this...it is what it is with him. He stays and he has really changed..maybe he hasn't changed at all. We will find out

WHy i don't know why people bought his jersey on a 1 year deal..gotta wait till he's locked up long term!

There should be a penalty if he lands with the jets. Their second rounder at least.

I checked out Gang Green today to see what fans of the rodents were thinking about this and I didn't see any concern that "Biggie Rat" would be inclined to punish them for tampering, in fact, among the discussions about whether bringing Revis back was a good idea, was the suggested positive that, if nothing else, it could cause the Pats to have to pay more to keep him.

So where exactly does a team get the right to influence another team's fair negotiations with one of their players currently under contract?

In addition to Woody being an idiot, posters there are celebrating at the possible damage their tampering may inflict on the Pats.

This is exactly what the anti-tampering rules are there to guard against.

Considering that the league determined that CameraGate had given the Pats no competitive advantage in any game where signals had been filmed, the Pats were severely, and disproportionately hammered, when compared the league precedent.

It can be easily argued that the Rats have already inflicted tangible damage on the Pats, and could even cause them to lose a future HOF player, as well as other players whose negotiations are hinging on the Revis negotiations being finalized.

Compare that with what CameraGate cost the Pats, and I will leave it as an exercise for the reader to conclude what a suitable penalty is.

But that's kinda how he's been his entire career...so if he does this...it is what it is with him. He stays and he has really changed..maybe he hasn't changed at all. We will find out

Still think that's overplayed a bit.

He held out once. His 4th year on his rookie deal that he had outplayed. 2012 there was rumors but he never did. Then he got injured and woody johnson sold high and traded him to TB which hey if I'm going to TB I'd want to get paid too. Which his deal was actually team friendly in a sense of guaranteed money.

I checked out Gang Green today to see what fans of the rodents were thinking about this and I didn't see any concern that "Biggie Rat" would be inclined to punish them for tampering, in fact, among the discussions about whether bringing Revis back was a good idea, was the suggested positive that, if nothing else, it could cause the Pats to have to pay more to keep him.

So where exactly does a team get the right to influence another team's fair negotiations with one of their players currently under contract?

In addition to Woody being an idiot, posters there are celebrating at the possible damage their tampering may inflict on the Pats.

This is exactly what the anti-tampering rules are there to guard against.

Considering that the league determined that CameraGate had given the Pats no competitive advantage in any game where signals had been filmed, the Pats were severely, and disproportionately hammered, when compared the league precedent.

It can be easily argued that the Rats have already inflicted tangible damage on the Pats, and could even cause them to lose a future HOF player, as well as other players whose negotiations are hinging on the Revis negotiations being finalized.

Compare that with what CameraGate cost the Pats, and I will leave it as an exercise for the reader to conclude what a suitable penalty is.

So your implying their first rounder? I have no problem with that. Give us their 6th selection.

As much as I love Revis and as integral as he was to the return of the defense last season...

If Schefter is right, and the Jets really will give him anything, I say fan the sweet sweet flames of that tire fire by letting them shell out a king's ransom for a 29-year-old corner who'll be either retired or washed up by the time they stumble into competence at QB (and RB, and OL, LB, rest of the secondary, etc.)

Those loser fans are so desperate for any kind of 'win' over the Pats, they'll meet this latest torpedoing of their franchise with thunderous applause.

(So LaFell will be a little quiet next time we play them, who cares!)
Why? At this point, why should we give a rat's ass about the Jets. They aren't a competitor for the division, let alone the championship. It doesn't do us the slightest bit of good to weaken them further, it's pointless.

Fun thought exercise, what would we do with the 6th overall pick?

well then,rochrist...I guess I'll just continue to pointlessly revel about their weakened state...until they die and rot like a stinking green corpse left out in the sun for a week.

as far as giving a rat's azz...I wouldn't do that to a rat.The Jets get to watch me drink cool refreshing water while they struggle to breathe, strapped out on an ant hill in the Arizona desert with a wet leather strap wrapping their wrinkled little green necks.

I demand this. Once in a generation player = 1st round draft swap.

Personally, I say there should be no swap, we should get their pick #6 outright. The Pats already have pick #32 and they have Revis.

If they lose Revis then we get #6 AND keep #32.

That helps make the Pats whole but doesn't punish the Rats enough. They need to be taught, unmistakedly, that they cannot continue to pull crap like that. There should also be heavy fines as there were for Kraft and BB.

I still think this whole thing is a big mountain of nothing. I really don't care, but it is similar to when the Lions' DC says they hope that the Chiefs keep cutting players so the Lions can poach them off of waivers back in 2011. That punishment was a loss of a 7th and the Lions forced to swap 5th rounders with KC.

If you want to argue that Johnson is a repeat offender and make the picks slightly higher, then so be it.

But this has no bearing on whether the Pats can retain Revis. Revis knows that if he hits the open market, plenty of teams are going to throw money at him. And don't kid yourself to think Revis' agent hasn't been talking to other teams to gauge interest and find out what they are going to offer. Every team tampers.

I still think this whole thing is a big mountain of nothing. I really don't care, but it is similar to when the Lions' DC says they hope that the Chiefs keep cutting players so the Lions can poach them off of waivers back in 2011. That punishment was a loss of a 7th and the Lions forced to swap 5th rounders with KC.

If you want to argue that Johnson is a repeat offender and make the picks slightly higher, then so be it.

But this has no bearing on whether the Pats can retain Revis. Revis knows that if he hits the open market, plenty of teams are going to throw money at him. And don't kid yourself to think Revis' agent hasn't been talking to other teams to gauge interest and find out what they are going to offer. Every team tampers.

Except Johnson during a press conference said he wanted a player that was still under contract to another team. NFL defines any owner speaking openly about a player under contract to another team as tampering.

If that was Robert Karft saying how he would love to see Calvin Johnson in a Pats uniform we would never hear the end of it till the Pats were fined.

Let's also not forget how the media during SB week was trying to stir up that BB tampered with Blount.

I think us Pats fans are well within our right to want blood for this.

So how long will they wait on revis? Pats dont need to wait on nobody even a guy like revis. I appreciate all he did for us this year but thats enough for me to resign. The jests? Really?

Except Johnson during a press conference said he wanted a player that was still under contract to another team. NFL defines any owner speaking openly about a player under contract to another team as tampering.

If that was Robert Karft saying how he would love to see Calvin Johnson in a Pats uniform we would never hear the end of it till the Pats were fined.

Let's also not forget how the media during SB week was trying to stir up that BB tampered with Blount.

I think us Pats fans are well within our right to want blood for this.

Good point. They were seriously drilling Blount. "Did Bill talk to you about coming here while you were still with Pittsburgh? Did he? Did he? DID HE? DID HE??????"

Meanwhile, the filmed plea by Woody to Revis who is still with NE continues to be ignored...

I mean seriously, why should we care if there's proof the Jets tampered with an NE player when we can THEORIZE about the POSSIBILITY that NE could have MAYBE tampered with a Pitt player if we close our eyes and play pretend?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back