PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran and Felger on WEEI tomorrow morning [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If you have questions about Curran's report on Sunday, tomorrow may be worth listening to, 6-10 AM.

Re: FYI--Curran and Felger on WEEI tomorrow morning

They had Felger and Perillo on this morning - which made for a good show. Still wish they'd ditch D&C for a couple of guys who like talking sports, ie, Perillo and even Felger.

As for Curran's report - I'm sure he'll defend it. It's his job to stand by his material, even if every other outlet (Silver, Breer, King, Reiss, Springer, etc.) has said he's wrong.

Last edited:

will they talk about Brady's injury?

They had Felger and Perillo on this morning - which made for a good show. Still wish they'd ditch D&C for a couple of guys who like talking sports, ie, Perillo and even Felger.

As for Curran's report - I'm sure he'll defend it. It's his job to stand by his material, even if every other outlet (Silver, Breer, King, Reiss, Springer, etc.) has said he's wrong.

You should win a prize for that post. He will defend that article forever. That's what writers do, whether they are wrong or not. I have no interest in hearing anything either guy has to say. I have developed a serious dislike for all media lately.
Even Mike Reiss. :eek:

I do think it is funny that both Felger and Perillo have so much disdain for D&C's most BS segment - "Headlines". I think that segment is the most irritating segment of the D&C show for me and usually when it gets to politics, it drags down the rest of the show.

its been nice not having to hear the foreheads rants on right wing politics...

shoud be a good show tomm

I heard it on the way into work. Felger over slept and was 20 minutes late. Hilarious. He must have stayed up celebrating the Pats not making the playoffs.

Curran was pretty adamant in his story being accurate. I only heard about 20 minutes of them, but I guess he got Schefter to backtrack on his story or something, I dunno. Felger was alluding to it, but of course, Felger loves stirring the pot.

Curran said he was upset with King going on NBC and denying the report and that it was not good for him.

Basically, Curran said Brady's rehab has not really begun and won't until they clear out the scar tissue, putting him behind schedule a total of 16-18 weeks when all is said and done. He also reiterated the loose MCL & ACL will mean he is susceptible to a blowout.

I still don't really buy it. Brady is back in Foxboro and is rehabbing, and has been for quite some time. How that couldn't count towards the rehab process is beyond me. I think it was DaBruinz who said the loose MCL/ACL is expected and desired by the surgeons - ultimately I think Curran probably found the same information, but had someone interpret it wrong for him. He basically called out Shira Springer for writing an article with the same basic facts but coming to a different conclusion, but failed to note that maybe her conclusions were right and his were wrong.

Curran made an extremely compelling argument attesting to the veracity of his article.. he never said Brady would not play in '09, only that he was behind schedule..

Cannot repeat it verbatum, but he very politely diminished the credibility of King and Springer..

Curran made an extremely compelling argument attesting to the veracity of his article.. he never said Brady would not play in '09, only that he was behind schedule..

Cannot repeat it verbatum, but he very politely diminished the credibility of King and Springer..

He didn't really say much to diminish King I thought, he was careful about that noting his friendship with King. Springer, he just said they had the same facts but came to different conclusions.

Did you hear the part with Schefter? That's the part I'm most curious about, but unfortunately did not catch.

Curran was pretty adamant in his story being accurate. I only heard about 20 minutes of them, but I guess he got Schefter to backtrack on his story or something, I dunno. Felger was alluding to it, but of course, Felger loves stirring the pot.

Curran said he was upset with King going on NBC and denying the report and that it was not good for him.

Basically, Curran said Brady's rehab has not really begun and won't until they clear out the scar tissue, putting him behind schedule a total of 16-18 weeks when all is said and done. He also reiterated the loose MCL & ACL will mean he is susceptible to a blowout.

I still don't really buy it. Brady is back in Foxboro and is rehabbing, and has been for quite some time. How that couldn't count towards the rehab process is beyond me. I think it was DaBruinz who said the loose MCL/ACL is expected and desired by the surgeons - ultimately I think Curran probably found the same information, but had someone interpret it wrong for him. He basically called out Shira Springer for writing an article with the same basic facts but coming to a different conclusion, but failed to note that maybe her conclusions were right and his were wrong.

Schefter didn't backtrack on his story. Schefter said his sources said the story isn't true and that there are members of the Patriots medical staff who are jealous and pissed that Brady had his surgery on the West Coast who if they were the sources of the story may not be trusted. Schefter only conceeded that just because his sources refuted Curran's story that Curran may not be wrong and Schefter's sources may be. Schefter said he cannot find anyone to confirm Curran's story though.

I agree with you on his take vs. Shira Springer's take. My guess is Curran chose to believe the worst case scenario and Springer chose to take the best case scenario and the truth may lie somewhere in between.

Felger and Curran on New Year's Eve

Curran actually sounds kind of silly in this part as he first questions how leaking a story about Brady's rehab going poorly would help the Patriots with the Cassel situation...and then goes onto explain why leaking a story about Brady's rehab going poorly would help the Patriots with the Cassel situation.

Schefter didn't backtrack on his story. Schefter said his sources said the story isn't true and that there are members of the Patriots medical staff who are jealous and pissed that Brady had his surgery on the West Coast who if they were the sources of the story may not be trusted. Schefter only conceeded that just because his sources refuted Curran's story that Curran may not be wrong and Schefter's sources may be. Schefter said he cannot find anyone to confirm Curran's story though.

I agree with you on his take vs. Shira Springer's take. My guess is Curran chose to believe the worst case scenario and Springer chose to take the best case scenario and the truth may lie somewhere in between.

Interesting, hopefully they'll get the Schefter part up on the vault soon, I'd like to hear that. At this point, I'll take Schefter over Curran. Interesting about the west coast surgery aspect.

Curran has made a strong case, but I think he dismissed Springer's and King's stories because they didn't address his story on a fact by fact basis. I don't think that is a strong enough argument on it's face to dismiss them. If the story isn't true and sources are saying so, they may not want to go into details.

I don't know who is right on this point, but remember this: John Tomase went into greater detail about how the Pats videotaped the Rams' walkthrough than Reis did in his story on how the rumors could not be true. Just because one source is more forthcoming with more detailed information doesn't neccessarily mean they are forthcoming with more accurate information.

I believe that Curran believes his information and he has a legitimate source. I also think a lot of the information is true. I just wonder if the spin of the information is far more dire than it really is in reality.

Last edited:

Felger and Curran on New Year's Eve

Curran actually sounds kind of silly in this part as he first questions how leaking a story about Brady's rehab going poorly would help the Patriots with the Cassel situation...and then goes onto explain why leaking a story about Brady's rehab going poorly would help the Patriots with the Cassel situation.

That is one part he is losing credibility on. He is trying desperately to prove that he isn't being duped in some way. He even argues that there is no way that Belichick would piss of Brady by leaking this this story because he isn't that stupid.

Curran on WEEI right now

Defending the sh!t out of his story. He's sticking to his story and essentially telling everyone that "they are ****'s" because of it.

Everyone else is nodding along. They sound like they are praying for TFB not to come back. They are even saying that the pats are "better off" with Cassel there.

Curran has also gone so far as to say, he's never gaffed a big story like this before. :rolleyes:

Re: Curran on WEEI right now

If you read the story - then read the "conflicting" stories - you see that it is EXACTLY the same story - but with most being positive, and Curren's being worst-case. Of course Tom Brady is behind "schedule" - he had surgery to clear up and infection! Curren is saying that he's 20 weeks behind - other are saying he's less than that.

Defending the sh!t out of his story. He's sticking to his story and essentially telling everyone that "they are ****'s" because of it.

Everyone else is nodding along. They sound like they are praying for TFB not to come back. They are even saying that the pats are "better off" with Cassel there.

Curran has also gone so far as to say, he's never gaffed a big story like this before. :rolleyes:

Some discussion here, maybe merge-able:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-fyi-curran-felger-weei-tomorrow-morning.html

I respect Curran, but I think he's probably off the mark. But I would never say he's praying for TB not to come back. Curran has stated he has a good relationship with Brady and roots for the guy. I doubt that's the motivation here.

I believe that Curran believes his information and he has a legitimate source. I also think a lot of the information is true. I just wonder if the spin of the information is far more dire than it really is in reality.

The fact that Schefter can't get any confirmation of Curran's report is damaging to Curran as I doubt Curran has access that Schefter lacks...aside from more access to Brady, and there's no reason to think Brady or the Brady camp would leak this story.

If you read the story - then read the "conflicting" stories - you see that it is EXACTLY the same story - but with most being positive, and Curren's being worst-case. Of course Tom Brady is behind "schedule" - he had surgery to clear up and infection! Curren is saying that he's 20 weeks behind - other are saying he's less than that.

Right. I know all that........... He's just insistent that his version is absolutely correct. He sounds like a whiny b*tch though, and that's the funny part. That's is really the point of this thread. It's funny listening to him go on with this DOOMSDAY scenario.

The truth lies in the middle, just like most stuff.

I respect Curran, but I think he's probably off the mark. But I would never say he's praying for TB not to come back. Curran has stated he has a good relationship with Brady and roots for the guy. I doubt that's the motivation here.

Perhaps I mis-stated it. Not that he's wishing it on him................. (from a personal standpoint), but more like a "I hope I don't **** this story up" standpoint. You can have one without the other. He def. said that Tom should think about sitting next year and letting it fully heal. It's a little premature to say that, doncha think.

By the way, my wife had a devastating leg injury and was "behind" for the first 6-7 months (of the expected 1 year recovery), she ended up exhilarating towards the end and ended up finishing more or less on schedule. Yeah, I know, she's not a professional athelete (but was a runner). Point being, it's too early to tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots