PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cundiff, other Raven players claim the Pats scoreboard erred on final drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't know," he responded, "I don't think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?" Brown responded.

This Crap has to stop.Brown better get a fine for
statement.:mad:

Iam waiting for breer to come out supporting the ravens idea..

So maybe he's like a personal assistant to Cundiff? I suspect Cundiff is a bit of a drama queen who maybe needs a handler.....remember when he pushed the camera away like he was Sean Penn?

Yup, calling him the kicker's therapist might be too obvious.

Funny that harbaugh did the same thing, shoving the consultant?
Ravens being Ravens.

I just rewatched the game. One thing I noticed on the broadcast was after the game was over and the players were walking on to the field, the cameras showed Koch (the holder) approach Cundiff. You can then hear Koch say "I was sitting there wondering if we were going to call timeout" before the the camera cuts away.

Interesting that the holder knew they were rushed and that they had a timeout to burn.

A few points:
The Ravens coach knew what down it was...that is why he sent the kicking team in.

Weren't the other 10 Raven special teamers on the field with plenty of time.....guess they knew a kick was planned

Weren't the Patriots special teamers on the field due to the fact that the Ravens kicking team was on the field?

So basically, 21 out of 22 special teams players knew WTF was going on...the Ravens coach knew WTF was going on.....

The only player on either team that found an excuse was the kicker

And what about the report that coaches were yelling at him multiple times to get out there

Lastly.....3rd down, 4th down.....no matter what down...with just 20 seconds on the clock, the kicker should be prepared to kick on third down which would provide a second opportunity if there was a bad snap.

Bottomline...the kicker mishandled the pressure on so many levels....and the coaches failed in coordinating his team

PS...On Felger and Maz....a caller claimed that scoreboard operators are NFL officials...nothing to do with the team. I don't know the truth to this claim

In all fairness I can understand why they are so upset, if Cundiff hits that kick the Ravens win.

*OK it would be a tie but that's a moral victory for the Ravens.

**Hell, they already consider their losses to be wins so a tie is a blowout.

Be glad BB didnt call a timeout ! He saw the ravens were rushing and just waited for them to combust...

Little notice that the clock stopped for 10 seconds when the Boldin ball went out of bounds and the ref was waving his arms frantically for the clock to restart, but by the time it did, 10 seconds had gone off the clock. so what are the Ravens complaining about? They got at least one free play at the end of the game.

Iam waiting for breer to come out supporting the ravens idea..

He'll be on Zo and Gresh for three hours tomorrow, if you really want to do that to yourself. I know I'll give it a miss.

He'll be on Zo and Gresh for three hours tomorrow, if you really want to do that to yourself. I know I'll give it a miss.

No thanks. I'm avoiding the hype this week. It's been insufferable enough.

I think this is great.

The Ravens and the fans who go along with these conspiracy theories are just looking like complete morons.

Not only are they exceptionally poor sports, and can't man up enough to accept responsibility for their own loss, now, two days after the game, they came up with an excuse of sheer and complete incompetence, not only admitting - but asserting - that their kicker did not what down it was in the critical moments of the most important game with the season on the line.

I was willing to give Cundiff the benefit of the doubt for making a rookie mistake (even though he's been playing for 10 years) by not calling time out

But if he really can't keep track of what down it is when the game is riding on his shoulders - let alone make the kick - the guy should be out of a job.

... and Ravens fans who assert all of the above is truly the result of a Bill Belichick Jedi Mind Trick couldn't look more petty or stupid themselves

The bottom line is a 32 harder should be a no brainer no matter how "confused" you are. Is this guy a Pro Bowl kicker or not?

The only way I could buy that the scoreboard had anything to do with a shanked kick is if it was flashing like a strobe light or showing pictures of Cundiff in a compromising position wearing a tutu and a boa.

Last edited:
The bottom line is a 32 harder should be a no brainer no matter how "confused" you are. Is this guy a Pro Bowl kicker or not?

The only way I could buy that the scoreboard had anything to do with a shanked kick is if it was flashing like a strobe light or showing pictures of Cundiff in a compromising position wearing a tutu and a boa.

It's really just bad luck for the Ravens

68,756 fans in attendance looking at that very same scoreboard all knew what down it was.

The only one who didn’t was the Ravens kicker.

What are the odds?

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell waits until the day before the Super Bowl and then orders a full investigation into the matter.:bricks:

Well if they don't want to get "cheated" by being total knuckleheads here's an idea: next time win more games and get home field advantage.

Lamest excuse I have heard yet.

Rob will listen for us all and then start a thread about how bad it was

Last edited:
Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell waits until the day before the Super Bowl and then orders a full investigation into the matter.:bricks:

it wouldn't surprise me if he is behind all this crap right from the jump...otherwise he would have ALREADY stepped in and stopped this ridiculous bullsh!t right at the source...the fact he is silent speaks volumes and further emphasizes his already staggering bias against the NE Patriots

I like the way you think. We need to make this happen next year. I was thinking more along the lines of huge turbine wind blowers positioned on each end of the stadium we could use to make it sail wide but that might be a bit obvious. Plain ole' rock to the head of the kicker from the stands might work too. He won't really feel it, just enough to get him to hesitate;)

Would that draw a fan interference flag? I'd wear a Ravens jersey.

aliens abducted Cundiff in his sleep and rewired his entire nervous system to misfire under stress...yeah...I'm gonna stick to the "aliens" story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back