PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cummulative Thoughts on the Game (Bal at NE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Offense:

Brady isnt completely back, but he very soon will be
and his timing with welker isnt all the way back either, that will change when welker can practice again

aiken is not a 3rd/4th WR option, i would take galloway instead

we ran well the 1st half, then BAL must have made some type of adjustment cuz we couldnt run any more in the 2nd half....we didnt make any adjustments to counter BAL

the playcalling for the offense ranges every single week, some weeks its atrocious (jets) others its brilliant (falcons) and some weeks its like this, almost atrocious, it was so boring and repetitive....

randy moss is dogging it all right....i personally only saw about 5 blocks from him that sprung the guy w/ the ball for an extra at least 5 yds

GET MARONEY INTO SPACE....dump off to maroney all day, please, the guy is a beast in open space

light always has what i will start coining the "dark moment"....u never know when its gonna come...maybe every game, maybe itll wait 5 games, but it will come and usually on a crucial play......he was doing extremely well all night, and then got faked out so bad.....thats something thatll never change though

our O-line did really well today i thought....Bal D isnt allmighty, but its still good

refs keep leting defenses commit pass interference with our WR's and not call it....its getting annoying....

the guy who went for brady's knees (clearly on purpose) should be fined and suspended for a while....

our red zone O is improving, but i would feel better if we didnt have to convert crucial 4th downs every game

DEFESE:

its better then we thought.....it really is, giving up 14 pts to a team that averages 34+ a game? amazing

and this team can hit....the drops at the end of the game wernt do to luck, they were do to our secondary hurting their WR's, that they became scared.....it worked at the end....

we were really close to 3 picks today.....only got 1, sooner or later the %'s will go our way

the word of the game? pressure....not so much the 4th Q, but for the early part of the game our D-line was busting through like crazy...loved what i saw

and we can blitz, believe it or not, effectively.....we hit Flacco A LOT today, and i liked it

our run defense is good, and will be good all year, our pass defense is coming along...that second ravens TD was a miscommunication

our red zone D is very good

our cb's were getting manhandled at the beginning of the game...they settled down

i dont like what i see of springs...always a step too late

guyton has officially played above average in mayo's absense

and finally, the brightest spot of the Defense......Brandon Meriweather take a bow, owwww, this kid is electric, hes on one side of the field, sees something WAY before it develops, and makes the play.....hes close to ed reed level....
i cannot wait to see where this kid goes in his career (canton wise)

Offense:

and his timing with welker isnt all the way back either, that will change when welker can practice again

we ran well the 1st half, then BAL must have made some type of adjustment cuz we couldnt run any more in the 2nd half....we didnt make any adjustments to counter BAL

the playcalling for the offense ranges every single week, some weeks its atrocious (jets) others its brilliant (falcons) and some weeks its like this, almost atrocious, it was so boring and repetitive....

randy moss is dogging it all right....i personally only saw about 5 blocks from him that sprung the guy w/ the ball for an extra at least 5 yds

GET MARONEY INTO SPACE....dump off to maroney all day, please, the guy is a beast in open space

light always has what i will start coining the "dark moment"....u never know when its gonna come...maybe every game, maybe itll wait 5 games, but it will come and usually on a crucial play......he was doing extremely well all night, and then got faked out so bad.....thats something thatll never change though

our O-line did really well today i thought....Bal D isnt allmighty, but its still good

refs keep leting defenses commit pass interference with our WR's and not call it....its getting annoying....

the guy who went for brady's knees (clearly on purpose) should be fined and suspended for a while....

our red zone O is improving, but i would feel better if we didnt have to convert crucial 4th downs every game

DEFESE:

its better then we thought.....it really is, giving up 14 pts to a team that averages 34+ a game? amazing

and this team can hit....the drops at the end of the game wernt do to luck, they were do to our secondary hurting their WR's, that they became scared.....it worked at the end....

we were really close to 3 picks today.....only got 1, sooner or later the %'s will go our way

the word of the game? pressure....not so much the 4th Q, but for the early part of the game our D-line was busting through like crazy...loved what i saw

and we can blitz, believe it or not, effectively.....we hit Flacco A LOT today, and i liked it

our run defense is good, and will be good all year, our pass defense is coming along...that second ravens TD was a miscommunication

our cb's were getting manhandled at the beginning of the game...they settled down

and finally, the brightest spot of the Defense......Brandon Meriweather take a bow, owwww, this kid is electric, hes on one side of the field, sees something WAY before it develops, and makes the play.....hes close to ed reed level....

Good post. I'm going to disagree with a couple of things

1. I would not take Galloway instead. You can at least put Aiken on in-routes and he'll hold onto the ball. We don't need two speed guys so that works.

2. With Welker we don't really need Maroney in space. Welker/Edelman/ and fast wideouts are always a better option for that as they'll have better hands, IMHO.

That said, Meriweather is freaking awesome. I used to get irritated by his dropping INTs, but he is around the ball ALL the time and that's easily worth something.

-Rob-

Was this sarcasm?

I can't tell

I couldn't watch the whole game but I saw Maroney running hard - no hesitation - though sometimes the OL couldn't do anything for him (though I've long thought Maroney gets a raw deal from fans on the hesitation issue.)

I saw Brady continuing to progress towards his old self - though I expect he's pretty upset with himself for not being able to close out the game... that being said we might not be saying that if Moss and Welker had been consistently healthy through the first four games.

I saw Flacco making some OUTSTANDING throws - many of which were well covered by our secondary but it's tough to fault them. I saw Merriweather doing an outstanding job filling in for some less than outstanding CB coverage at time.

Overall I really couldn't be happier with the play of the Defense especially given the absence of so many key playerr. They continue to keep the team in games - the polar opposite of what I and so many others expected this season with the O expected to carry the D until they came together later in the season.

it was obvious sarcasm...jeez

Offense:

DEFESE:

Good post, agree with most of your points, especially the D and Meriweather. The kid can flat out close on a play. Too many times today, the CBs seemed to be a split second late. Quite a few tips balls too. They are going to turn into turnovers as the season progresses.

I would say Guyton had a good game, also. Maroney is not the answer at KO returns. Instead of going straight upfield, he starts dancing looking for a lane with no one near him.

You forgot one point: Chris Hanson = Bonehead.

It's been too many seasons now watching this guy kick from the opponent's 40 yard line and coming away with touchbacks.

Unacceptably brainless, and he had two of them today.

Moss' block on the Morris TD run was nice. He stayed right in front of the CB untill Morris made his cut.

As much as I'm dissapointed with galloway - Aiken looks clueless out there. Cant get separation. I'll take galloway and trust he catches a few.

As much as I'm dissapointed with galloway - Aiken looks clueless out there. Cant get separation. I'll take galloway and trust he catches a few.

Personally , galloway has played all camp ,preseason and 4 games with brady. Aiken might need more than 1 game to pick up. I would give him another chance.

I'm really becoming a big fan of Ninkovich. He played very well today when he was in

I would say Guyton had a good game, also. Maroney is not the answer at KO returns. Instead of going straight upfield, he starts dancing looking for a lane with no one near him.

Not sure why people say Guyton had a good game. He washed himself out of more than a few running plays.. Including the long run by Ray Rice...

As for no one being near Maroney, I wouldn't say that. There were people near him.. I agree that he needs to continue upfield. When he slows down is when he loses all momentum and allows the other team to make plays.

Cant expect to gain yards when you hand it off to Maroney up the middle. That simple..

Aiken always has me yelling at him, he gets a lot of bone head penalties.

Most of the fans, including myself, are on Galloway's back.

I think Belichick gave Galloway a short break from the fans.

Next week, I think he will be on the field again at an away

game.

Meriweather was the player of the game. He seemed to be in on every play on defense. Nothing excites me more about this year than the safety play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back