Welcome to PatsFans.com

Culture of Corruption?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Apr 1, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Ran across this little ditty. I'm sure the MSM will be all over this conflict of interest, maybe Harry Reid and Schumer will call for an investigation,
    :D :rolleyes:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/03/29/is-difi-dirty/

2. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Investigate her.

If it's true then put her ***** in cell right next to the Duke.

When it comes to defrauding the troops...show no mercy

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -12

Feinstein is no Barbara Boxer, so I don't particularly want to defend her, but isn't it kind of absurd to say "her subcommittee left grievously wounded veterans to rot while her family was profiting from the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan," given the fact that the Democrats just regained control of the Senate in January?

http://www.metroactive.com/feinstein/

"According to Klein, the Senate Select Committee on Ethics ruled, in secret, that Feinstein did not have a conflict of interest with Perini because, due to the existence of the bid and project lists provided by Klein, she knew when to recuse herself. Klein says that after URS declined to participate in his conflict-of-interest prevention plan, the ethics committee ruled that Feinstein could act on matters that affected URS because she did not have a list of URS' needs. That these confidential rulings are contradictory is obvious and calls for explanation."

If you read the whole article, it sounds like Feinstein properly covered herself, but it was still a conflict of interest and unethical for her to stay on the committee so long. I guess she's been influenced too much by people like Scalia and Cheney who many think have engaged in conflicts of interest.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well lets see, she was in the minority party for 5 years and 10 months of the six years the hot air guy's talking about. So she's been chair for the last two months if my understanding of Senate rules is accurate. Why am I gonna guess that her hubby's business interests were no big deal when she didn't hold the gavel of this SUB-committee and that she's been keeping the chair warm and training her replacement during the less than 60 days that she's had to destroy the infrastructure our wounded soldiers depend on?

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

I thought the grievously wounded vets comment was over the top and a cheap shot. The blatant conflict of interest however is a disgrace. and the lack of coverage by the media is also a disgrace. This could be as serious a crime as what Cunningham did given the profits to her family.

6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

If you don't think a Senator in the minority can get appropriations for their special interest I would tell you to take a look at all the pork that Byrd gets for his state, regardless of whether he is the majority or not.

With her husband owning companies doing business with the DoD she had no business in being on this committee.

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There is a culture of corruption, it's called Washington. Take her down like everyone else who tries to defraud America, only once there are lots of politicians in jail will the rest pay attention.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Agreed, Cunningham was a POW and hero in Nam, he became a corrupt pol, and went to jail as he should. In this case since DiFi is a dem, the matter will not be investigated and will be ignored by the MSM.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

This is another side benefit of this war, from the Haliburton overruns and skimming to this.. bottom line is that those in power, and those who support them, the investor class, do not give a rats ass as their stocks are doing fine. If this somehow effected their style of life things would be different.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

The NY Times would defend Fienstien to the death, but would Put Jenna Bush in front of a firing squad for using a phony ID to buy a beer, and so would most left wingers.

Also,
    I wonder how long it will be before Auntie Pelosi and Pant Suit Hillary CLASH.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007