PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

culpepper is pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
You want to watch a comedy. Watch culpepper play quarter back. Its hard to believe this guy is a pro. He is the biggest joke in the NFL right now. Miami is lucky to win 1 game this season. If they win this one it will be a miracle from god. People thought this team was going to be a contender. I will continue to watch the miami game today, because to me nothing is funnier than watching culpepper fumble the ball, get sacked almost on every down, and throw great passess to the opposing teams players.

The guy has had a more than respectable career...I have to think the combination of injury, a new offense, and above all the Miami offensive line is too much right now. His confidence has to be a little shaky after that half.

Hey, remember at the beginning of their game against Pitt last week how the announcers kept saying that Culpepper is so huge and strong that it's almost impossible to sack him, you just bounce off? :)

You mean you hadn't heard about Daunte before this? :eek:

Ryan Leaf > Daunte Culpepper

11-14 to start a game is pathetic? Geez. Losman began 1 for 7.

Hey, I agree, Culpepper is not a top 5 QB in the league - but he is not one of the worst either.

The offense isn't new it's the same exact offense Suckpepper used in Minn.

frankiesfly said:
You want to watch a comedy. Watch culpepper play quarter back. Its hard to believe this guy is a pro. He is the biggest joke in the NFL right now. Miami is lucky to win 1 game this season. If they win this one it will be a miracle from god. People thought this team was going to be a contender. I will continue to watch the miami game today, because to me nothing is funnier than watching culpepper fumble the ball, get sacked almost on every down, and throw great passess to the opposing teams players.

No, I'm sorry, you are wrong... didn't you read all the off-season stuff. The fins are going to the SB BECAUSE of the great culpepper!

I'm really enjoying watching this train wreck!

The pundits are now saying it's because he is not yet recovered from his injury. Wasn't aware he suffered a brain injury. His knees aren't fumbling the ball or making horrendous decisions.

MoLewisrocks said:
The pundits are now saying it's because he is not yet recovered from his injury. Wasn't aware he suffered a brain injury. His knees aren't fumbling the ball or making horrendous decisions.

How do the pundits explain his pathetic display the 1st six games last season prior to the injury?

Bottom line is all the stats in the world can't erase the fact that the guy can't make plays when they are needed....

Well, to be fair neither quarterback is lighting it up. Culpepper has thrown for a rather safe but unproductive 96 yards, while poor Losman is 5/12 for 34? That's bad yardage for a running back.

On the positive for Miami, Brown is running better this week against a clearly questionable Buffalo run defense.

culpepper was done before his injury, and the vikings knew that, thats why johnson is now there starter. I think i might have heard a JOEY chant in back ground coming from crowd. joey harrington. Culpepper even forgot his own snap count,lmao

I couldn't believe the announcers in that game. After the Crowell interception on the sideline, they said "He's a veteran QB, he should know better." Have they not watched him play any previous to this game? Culpepper has been almost as sure a thing to throw a late interception in his career as Drew Bledsoe. This game had nothing to do with rust or injury of any other excuse. He will connect on the odd deep ball in spectacular fashion, and make poor decisions with the ball in most situations.

Culp is pretty much done. Wonder how the media's new genius Saban feels about not signing the younger and healthier Brees? I'm glad he took Culpey.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Culp is pretty much done. Wonder how the media's new genius Saban feels about not signing the younger and healthier Brees? I'm glad he took Culpey.

The natives are getting restless in South Florida. I was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport awaiting a flight and caught the second and third quarters. The locals, airport employees, Police and other Florida natives were screaming for Culpepper's head, frustrated at this over-hyped team being brought back to earth..... I was tempted to ask if anybody knew how Drew Brees was doing, but I thought better of it......especailly when they were getting spanked by the Bills.....

Patsfanin Philly said:
The natives are getting restless in South Florida. I was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport awaiting a flight and caught the second and third quarters. The locals, airport employees, Police and other Florida natives were screaming for Culpepper's head, frustrated at this over-hyped team being brought back to earth..... I was tempted to ask if anybody knew how Drew Brees was doing, but I thought better of it......especailly when they were getting spanked by the Bills.....
Discretion, very wise. :D

Patsfanin Philly said:

Around 1994 I was in the Ft Lauderdale airport and saw Marino & co in the Delta lounge. Went over to tell him the Pats were gonna beat them. Just then he stood up. Up and up and up. Guy was bigger than I'd thought. I just walked on by.

Hey, I'm Troy Brown's size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back