PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C's vs Heat

There should have been a foul on that call but Chalmers got whacked in the head in the 2nd and there was no call there either.

That call in OT swung momentum 100 times more than a non call in the 2nd qtr....

It's hard to see why people are big NBA fans...that league is a joke

Lebron and the Heat get more calls/non calls than other teams..it's just the way it is in the NBA

Last edited:
How the hell did the refs give Miami this one? The fouls were pretty evenly distributed, even in OT. They weren't all correct or warranted, but that was on both sides.

C's called for 33 fouls to Miami's 18. Heat took 47 FTs. Please explain your logic.

Last edited:
The C's are toast. I actually think da heat wins it all this year. :bricks:

no way. the spurs or thunder will be hoisting the trophy. the spurs are poise personified.

Rondo raked across the face, no call.

Wade kicks KG, foul on KG.

Whatever:bricks:

How the hell did the refs give Miami this one? The fouls were pretty evenly distributed, even in OT. They weren't all correct or warranted, but that was on both sides.
Evenly distributed??? Did you even look at the numbers? For crissakes, James had 1 for the game, Wade had 2 and Stiemsma got 4 in about 4 effin seconds. Jesus, you gotta do better than that.

Are you done or do you have anymore editing you want to do? And no, I don't think it had a HUGE HUGE impact on the outcome. The game was tied at that point and the C's had a chance to make a stop but gave up an easy dunk in transition. THAT had a HUGE HUGE outcome on the game.

No sh!t they gave up an easy dunk, it was 4 on 5, with Rondo trying to get his vision back at the other end of the court.

no way. the spurs or thunder will be hoisting the trophy. the spurs are poise personified.
Given what Rondo did to them tonight, I can't see how Miami is going to defend Tony Parker in his current form given they have an actual inside presence with Duncan, Splitter and Bonner.

If the Celtics had one competent tall in the paint this series would be looking pretty different right now.

Given what Rondo did to them tonight, I can't see how Miami is going to defend Tony Parker in his current form given they have an actual inside presence with Duncan, Splitter and Bonner.

If the Celtics had one competent tall in the paint this series would be looking pretty different right now.
how about kendrick perkins? i love danny ainge but that trade really suked.:(

C's called for 33 fouls to Miami's 18. Heat took 47 FTs. Please explain your logic.

Miami converted 66% of their free throws. Celtics converted 90%. If the calls benefitted anyone last night, it was the Celtics. Game 2 was nowhere near as bad as Game 1 when it comes to the refs. If you're going to blame anything for the loss, blame the Celtics showing their age about halfway through the third quarter.

Evenly distributed??? Did you even look at the numbers? For crissakes, James had 1 for the game, Wade had 2 and Stiemsma got 4 in about 4 effin seconds. Jesus, you gotta do better than that.

You don't think that all of those Steimsma calls were earned? Hopefully you recorded the game. They had just about all of them on slow motion replay.

Miami drives to the hole a lot more than boston...boston shoots more jumpers..that's why

I don't even care about that number..it's the one they missed that could have changed the whole series

Miami drives to the hole a lot more than boston...boston shoots more jumpers..that's why

I don't even care about that number..it's the one they missed that could have changed the whole series

And, again, if the C's don't allow the Heat to go on a 12-0 run in the third then the non-call isn't an issue.

No sh!t they gave up an easy dunk, it was 4 on 5, with Rondo trying to get his vision back at the other end of the court.

There were a few other suspect calls.
1. The loose ball foul where Lebron basically jumps on Rondo but strangely Rondo was called for the foul.
2. The blocking foul called on Dooling where he clearly had position on Lebron which should've been a charge.
3. Allen in transition when he was going for a layup and Wade clearly pushed off Allen in order to alter his shot.
4. Wade, on several occassions, most notably near the end of OT, kicking the defender in the chest in midair when driving to the basket.

In addition, the refs are incredibly lax with the whistle when the Heat superstars are penetrating towards the basket. That is the nature of the NBA and one of the reasons why I have a hard time watching it these days.

In the end, though, the Celtics tendency to regress into a jump shooting team is what ultimately killed them, namely in blowing whatever lead they had in the third and again in OT.

-Jamman

You don't think that all of those Steimsma calls were earned?

They were all earned as Stiemsma does not have a fwcking clue how not to foul.
He, along with all the other useless bigs on this team, have little understanding of the concept of boxing out. We are in dire need of bigs who can fwcking rebound.

The question really is whether, on occasions when the Celtics do drive inside, are the refs giving preferential treatment to the Heat in swallowing their whistles.

-Jamman

Last edited:
They were all earned as Stiemsma does not have a fwcking clue how not to foul.
He, along with all the other useless bigs on this team, have little understanding of the concept of boxing out. We are in dire need of bigs who can fwcking rebound.

The question really is whether, on occasions when the Celtics do drive inside, are the refs giving preferential treatment to the Heat in swallowing their whistles.

-Jamman

We must have watched different games then because I saw fouls damn near every time the Celtics took the ball inside.

We must have watched different games then because I saw fouls damn near every time the Celtics took the ball inside.

I think you're right that most of the officiating was fair. Fouls / free throws don't tell the whole story because of differences in styles of play. When the foul count at the start was 6-0 or something, w/a few on Stiemsma, that was about right, though lopsided.

That said, I think some of the no-calls / questionable calls were late in the game, were critical and went Miami's way. I don't think Pierce's 6th was a foul on him. That call, obviously, was huge since it put him out of the game. The call on Garnett when Wade also kicked him -- that can go either way, but I think the offensive player's leg out usually is a red flag these days for refs. Hitting Rondo on the head on his drive.

You don't think that all of those Steimsma calls were earned? Hopefully you recorded the game. They had just about all of them on slow motion replay.
Not true. Don't make stuff up. To quote Suggs to Skip B., "Be an analyst, don't be a douchebag."

Not true in this game. Chris Mannix from SI reported Miami drove to the hole 26 times and Boston did 25 times. Try something else.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back