PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cry me a river: Denver fans feel BB insulted Broncos by going for it on 4th down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The result and play-calling beg to differ.

yeah yeah , ne fans like to claim everyone on their team outplayed everyone on the other team, even when their stats show the opposite......i get it

you want to say you had the better passing game and better run game, even though the yards were pretty much even and one side was heavily weighted to the rushing yard advantage

seems legit :rolleyes:

yeah yeah , ne fans like to claim everyone on their team outplayed everyone on the other team, even when their stats show the opposite......i get it

you want to say you had the better passing game and better run game, even though the yards were pretty much even and one side was heavily weighted to the rushing yard advantage

seems legit :rolleyes:

Why pass when the running game was going so well? If scores were reversed and NE was down 21-7 at half time then Brady would have likely passed more and had better passing stats. Brees has outstanding passing stats because HE HAS to pass and the Saints are 1-4. You logic is very flawed sir.

Why pass when the running game was going so well? If scores were reversed and NE was down 21-7 at half time then Brady would have likely passed more and had better passing stats. Brees has outstanding passing stats because HE HAS to pass and the Saints are 1-4. You logic is very flawed sir.

my logic is perfect

i never said not to run, that's dumb

of course you run when it's working, but all that rushing yard discrepancy means denver had a better passing game sunday

because the yards were 444 for NE, 402 for denver

peyton beat brady in the passing game, by yards and tds

brady beat peyton in the rushing game by yards and tds as a rb

NE's rbs killed denver's rbs

fact remains, peyton had the better game between qbs

2lnk2c.png

my logic is perfect

of course you run when it's working, but all that rushing yard discrepancy means denver had a better passing game sunday

2lnk2c.png

But he had to pass? The team was behind and needed to gain yardage and scores quickly. Brady's team was ahead and Denver could not stop the run so it made sense to run clock and Brady did not have to pass. When the teams DID have to pass its safe to say that Brady outperformed Manning..correct? If this were fantasy football of course Manning did better. However, when the game was still in doubt, Brady was playing better. Its OK...you can admit it. No shame in it.

my logic is perfect. i never said not to run, that's dumb

2lnk2c.png

Patriots outscored Broncos 31-21 and were up by three scores much of the game. Brady completed a higher percentage of passes. Manning had no choice but to put it up. The Patriots defensive numbers are always affected by the other team's need to score quickly when they fall behind. Enjoy your selective statistical edge as you figure out how to get back to .500 this week on the road at San Diego.

Last edited:
LOL. Did they not see the last 4th and 2 debacle against Manning? Did they not know that BB was trying to avoid exactly what happened both times (Manning getting into a rhythm and our D unable to stop him). We only have Willis McGahee to thank that it didn't work out so well this time. BB was actually showing respect for Manning by going for it there. Dummies.

Last edited:

2lnk2c.png

I thought the point was to win the game? TFB used his running game because it made sense for him to so. I wouldnt want a QB who wanted to inflate his stats at the expense of the team's chances to win.

Instead of bashing TFB for his moderate stats perhaps you should be praising him for his intelligence and lack of ego.

I thought the point was to win the game? TFB used his running game because it made sense for him to so. I wouldnt want a QB who wanted to inflate his stats at the expense of the team's chances to win.

Instead of bashing TFB for his moderate stats perhaps you should be praising him for his intelligence and lack of ego.

the point is always to win the game

fact remains

denver had a better passing attack sunday

patriots had a FAR superior running attack

there's no debate even

the discussion wasn't about the win or the loss.....

Backwards logic, if anything going for it on fourth down could be interpretted as Bill being worried about the Broncos offense (a compliment, not insult). Leave it to Denver fans to confuse the two (and yes, that was an insult).

They're the worst kind of idiots. They're disappointed and frustrated idiots, who had deluded themselves into thinking that Peyton would take up where he left off, as though he were still playing with the Colts' Offense of yore.

Now at 2--3, they're facing the fact that the Chargers in their own division and the Bengals and Colts (who might actually be better than them by December) elsewhere in the Conference don't think they should be given a free ride into the Playoffs.

Disappointed and frustrated idiots say really dumb things.

Re: Cry me a river.

It's kind of funny because no matter how many times different people point out that there were very legitimate reasons to go for it on 4th down, he refuses to acknowledge or discuss any of those reasons ... and then just keeps repeating himself, insisting that there was no valid reason to attempt to go for a first down.

He says he started the thread to have a discussion, but to anybody who disagrees with his viewpoint it's as if he's covering his ears and shouting out 'I can't hear you, I can't hear you'...
I didn't bother reading the thread, but I found your comment wildly ironic since that is the tactic used so often by the "clique" of haters. Angry people espousing biased and/or irrational positions populate every board. ;)

Last edited:
They are so justified and right ! Those bunch of cheating sons a B............:eek: Oh am I posting in Patriots forum again..sh!#

Congrats on Brees' record.

So, is this your official "The Saints and their fans are done pouting and want to make a fight of it again" post? Or will it all go back to "Woe is us, the League is against us, the World is against us, the Universe is against us so we're just gonna sit right here in the corner for the entire season?"

Good to see a little fight in ya!

i think there's a good chance pats face denver again in the playoffs

i think denver, at worst, will grab the wildcard

san diego has their moments, but they just seem too mistake prone

only thing that i think can save sd is another one of their late season streaks, and if they still hold ownership over peyton manning's soul....

Re: Cry me a river.

I didn't bother reading the thread, but I found your comment wildly ironic since that is the tactic used so often by the "clique" of haters. Angry people espousing biased and/or irrational positions populate every board. ;)

If you want to be glass half full - there were a few folks who argued with him, even pointing out the multiple events of opposing logic. IE thread title was "most insulting play in years?" which he followed in a later post saying he's not insulted (too macho for that I guess).

Honestly it could have just been a good troll. New England has won so many games over teams with such aggravated and hateful fanbases over the years that you could honestly just create a post like this after every game and some (many?) would buy in.

Seriously??

One of the best Football minds ever to coach in the NFL, ably assisted by a great OC and one of the greatest ever QBs decide to go for it on 4th and 5 in no mans land.

The call is backed by a lot of people on this board (who appear to be intelligent football folk in my opinion) and yet you call it 'moronic' and 'mind numbingly stupid'.

Maybe its time to look in the mirror and realise you might be the bilnkered stupid person. Its a reasonable debate to have regarding the call, as there are valid reasons on both sides of the debate, but for you in your typical arrogent way to call it 'moronic' and 'mind numbingly stupid' is insulting to probably about half the decent fans on this board.

It was dumb to do it in 2009 and it was dumb to do it on Sunday. Give Manning the longest field possible to work with.

my logic is perfect

2lnk2c.png

He HAD to pass. Brady did not. Big difference.

my logic is perfect

2lnk2c.png

You're funny!

based on stats, peyton did outplay brady

ne had 251 rushing yards to denver's 70

that was the game right there

based on stats brady had the higher completion percentage. it's not brady's fault he needed to throw less passes bc he was so accurate :D

I actually missed the first 3 quarters of the game. Can't comment on it, not aware of the situation. I spose it could be seen as disrespectful, but you play to win :shrugs: Apparently our defense sucks that bad.

GO BRONCOS!!!

I think the error in that 4th down fiasco was lack of foresight. When it was 3rd and 5 the Pats should have looked at that situation as 2 down territory and called plays accordingly. Personally I would have run the ball on third down and if we didn't make it, run a play action pass on 4th either from under C or the shot gun. That was a much better option that running 2 passes from empty backfields

Bottom line, I think it was the right decision to go for it, but I didn't like the play call and obviously hated the execution. The key to the Pats recent offensive success is that teams aren't sure what they are running. Do they stop the run or pack it in against the short passing game. When they line up in the empty backfield they have taken that question out of play. The defense KNOWS its a pass play and can plan accordingly.

Always keep 'em guess, Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back