PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crumpler close to deal with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Gillette turf handle all the Alge and Moss?

lol

resigning our own players isn't noteworthy

It would have been an embarrassment if we couldn't keep our team intact.

Then how can we sign other teams FAs? Are they all embarrassing themselves by letting players become Free Agants?
Or did I miss it that you want your rules to only apply to us, and we should keep all of our own, and sign half of the top 10 FAs while the other 31 teams fight to share the 5 we dont want?

An apparent blown coverage and a throw and pray TD.

It'll be interesting to see how he does for real.

I said he was moving well.

I didn't say he's the league's prime route-runner.

Smith totally blew the coverage on the Jets' play. Ugh.

I don't know who that official is, but he has yet to master the correct pronunciation of holding. He says "hoedeen." Picky I know, but it really makes me smile.

Or maybe it's a new infraction.

This is a decent signing.

I like it. This is a good move on a once great, still solid TE- not to mention a good locker room guy. We'll either draft another or make a move for Olsen.

Should prove to be a very good blocker. Welcome Alge.

Crumpler was a pretty good blocker for Tennessee. Don't know how much of a receiver he is anymore. I wanted the Pats to sign him when he was a free agent the last time. Granted he is a different TE now.

Good Signing

Willing to block unlike Baker

Better in Locker room as won't cry about not getting touches

Can play the full back roll if needed

Draft a young one to groom

Belicheck wants a blocking TE first Pass catcher second

Kevin Curtis please visit foxboro and stay

Incredibly durable, 16 games six times, never fewer than 14. Stout blocker.
Should help the team.
Welcome back Kyle Fauria...

Why do we sign a TE if we really need them to block. Seriously ... why not use 3 OT's with one of them receiver eligible? ... and yes ... I am serious. If I was Belichick I would draft Jared Veldheer ... all 6'9" / 321 pounds of him. Let him be our new TE ... float a few 5 yard passes to him every once in a while.;) He should be there when we pick our final 2nd rounder. If we trade back he might be there in the 3rd.

That's the point: Olinemen can't catch the football. Put a guy like Connolly in and the D knows it's almost certainly a running play, plus they don't have to worry about him chipping someone and releasing to catch a pass.

The ONLY problems with the offense the last a couple of years have been
1) Injuries
2) Playcalling became too predictable at times coupled with a relatively weak running game

Crumpler is a great signing and addresses #2. A road grader TE who can catch the ball. I love it.

Last edited:
Why do we sign a TE if we really need them to block. Seriously ... why not use 3 OT's with one of them receiver eligible? ... and yes ... I am serious. If I was Belichick I would draft Jared Veldheer ... all 6'9" / 321 pounds of him. Let him be our new TE ... float a few 5 yard passes to him every once in a while.;) He should be there when we pick our final 2nd rounder. If we trade back he might be there in the 3rd.

Amen to this.

lol

resigning our own players isn't noteworthy

It would have been an embarrassment if we couldn't keep our team intact.
Guesss the Jets and Dolphins are so embarrassed their pants are on the ground.

Everyone talks about how the Jets improved by signing a FA CB and RB, ignoring the fact that they let a better RB and CB walk. Ditto for the Dolphins. Will Dansby's sack production equal Porters? I doubt it.

Simply by not losing key FAs the Pats have increased their lead in the AFCE, particularly over the Jets, who will miss Jones as much as we would have missed Bodden.

Pats stepped up to the plate, Jets whiffed. Fact.

Guesss the Jets and Dolphins are so embarrassed their pants are on the ground.

Everyone talks about how the Jets improved by signing a FA CB and RB, ignoring the fact that they let a better RB and CB walk. Ditto for the Dolphins. Will Dansby's sack production equal Porters? I doubt it.

Simply by not losing key FAs the Pats have increased their lead in the AFCE, particularly over the Jets, who will miss Jones as much as we would have missed Bodden.

Pats stepped up to the plate, Jets whiffed. Fact.

I've been a Pats fan since 1975, though I've lived in NY (born and raised) and San Francisco, but I have to disagree with this comment. No way Lito Sheppard is better than Antonio Cromartie, he may be a better dad, but he's not a better CB. Jones at this point is a better RB than LT, but then again, Jones played behind the best OL in football. It'll be interesting to see LT behind that line. Also, LT is a better receiver than Jones, and also I think he'll be a great mentor for Green. LT knows he's a backup now, so I don't think his ego will get in the way. Great pickups in my opinion, and the Jet's scare me more than they did last year. I think they improved themselves.

Don't like the move but I guess it's better than having no TE's on the roster.

Smells too much like the failed Kyle Brady signing. Would rather have Watson back.

I hope he can get his weight under 300 lbs. We need a tight end, not a split out offensive tackle...
At least blocking appears to be a strong suit for this guy and that's what this team needs.

Last edited:
Don't like the move but I guess it's better than having no TE's on the roster.

Smells too much like the failed Kyle Brady signing. Would rather have Watson back.

I think the Kyle Brady signing failed because of Brady's attitude, but because of his play on the field.

I wish we'd kept Watson too though and signed Crumpler just to replace Baker. I think Watson was good enough as a receiver that having Crumpler as a blocker who can get a few catches would complement him well (Watson being a receiver who can be a decent blocker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back