Crowder's Concussion Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB146

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Have you seen this piece from ESPN yet?

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder says he'll keep using helmet - ESPN

Basically, Channing Crowder is saying that rule changes/increased penalties won't stop him from making helmet to helmet hits, and he says that

He thinks he gets one [concussion] every week and often keeps playing.

The only problem with that is that you actually have to have a brain inside your skull to get a concussion, so I doubt that's true. :D

I'm wondering how this will effect Benny and Danny who run low and fall forward a lot.

He's not getting concussions on the football field week-to-week. He's only played one game! I'm not sure I want to know where he is getting these concussions then :eek:

He's not getting concussions on the football field week-to-week. He's only played one game! I'm not sure I want to know where he is getting these concussions then :eek:

he needs to keep his head away from the bed headboard or wear a helmet when his woman is on top.

Last edited:
Glue sniffer.

He looks like a frog with dreads...

channingcrowder.jpg

This guy has to be one of the biggest morons in the NFL, glad he plays for the lolphins.

The guy is amusing, I still vividly remember his fight with Todd Light.

I actually enjoyed the exchange between Rex and Channing last year.

Rex was his usual hilarious self

He is the Joakim Noah of Football.

Based on his comments, I believe he's suffered a ton of head injuries. What a moron.

But it's part of the tough-guy mentality that players adopt in football, which is precisely why the league has to do more to protect players from themselves. Players will always want to play, and coaches don't want to risk losing a game because they're missing one of their best players. Everyone is focused on the short-term that they can't see the potential long-term ramifications.

These guys are making Brandon Meriweather look like a Harvard graduate.

Man, why don't these morons realise they are just making it an even bigger deal, which will make the league crackdown even more?

there are people that are calling for the game to be played with out helmets or Facemasks.
It's a really stupid idea but at least it would be Darwinan and get rid of the idots like him

Last edited:
Between Crowders comments, and Harrison's "I just put people to sleep and then they wake up and are OK", its highlighting how dumb some of these guys are. I mean, 3rd graders know the difference between going to sleep and getting knocked out. I thought the NFL was supposed to be educating players on concussions for the last couple of years.

Hopefully Harrisons significant other always put his son to sleep at nap time, and not Harrison... :bricks:

More of the 'tough guy' mentality: Steelers: Limiting big hits won't change us

‘‘We all have the same concerns of what’s legal and what’s not legal,’’ linebacker James Farrior said. ‘‘I don’t think it’s defined right now. It’s a question mark for us and we don’t want to get in trouble every time we hit somebody, so it’s definitely a concern.’’

Is it really that difficult to figure out? Hit above the knees and below the head. The rules aren't exactly rocket science.

‘‘We still want to play football in a physical manner. We still want to stop people from scoring touchdowns,’’ (Ryan) Clark said. ‘‘We’re going to try to do that. You have to change if your intention was to be dirty. If your intention was to go out here and hit people in the helmet, injure people and give people concussions, you have to change. But that’s never been our intention.’’

Yeah, whatever you say Ryan. Your intention has simply been to knock people out or perhaps 'put them to sleep', but not to injure people or give them concussions. Whatever rationalization makes you sleep better at night.

‘‘We have a reputation of being a tough football team and we have a lot of Lombardis up there, and that doesn’t make a lot of people happy,’’ Roethlisberger said. ‘‘But you know what? It makes us happy, so we’ll just try to go out and play the game of football the way we know how to play it.’’

Umm Ben, I think there may be another reason people don't like you.

Roethlisberger and backup quarterback Byron Leftwich agreed they’d rather have a concussion than a serious knee injury.

‘‘Just to be a little woozy, I think guys would take that over never walking again,’’ Roethlisberger said.

Perhaps it makes sense for some people to prefer to be hit in the head. Less chance of any damage with an injury in that area for certain people. But seriously, why assume it is an either/or? Why assume that if there are going to be fewer concussions, that means there will have to be more knee injuries?

Who knows, maybe it's because you spend so much time around teammates that actually do play with the intent of injuring opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back