PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd called out by Goose and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cheifs stink and yet they continue to fill Arrowhead and are loud as hell. Not saying I want to be the chiefs but perhaps there is something there the Krafts can learn from as far as continued gate success in spite of bad teams. Every team needs to runt he scenario of how to make money when the team sucks the KCC obviously have found the right combination. It starts I think from giving your fans a break when the company doesnt necessarily need to just to say thanks

Arrowhead is less than 50% full and has been for a while.

You cant see that that on TV because the cameras dont want you too.

The crowd has every right to boo and Goose er, should worry about kicking his stupid field goal, he misses too many.

I remember the Giants game in teh sB (who could forget) and BB went for it on 4th and 3 from the giants 35 or something instead of having what's his name kick a 52 yard field goal. Now if he HAD and made it, life would be different, not wouldn't it? But BB didn't have confidence in him. So maybe HE should worry about instilling confidence by kicking field goals unfailingly.

The crowd should boo, hiss and throw things if they're treated to a lackluster performance. Why not? It's THEIR team, THEIR time and THEIR money.

Read my post again moron I said they can I also said doesnt mean they should. People will fill the stadium but not with the blood thirsty diehards week in and week out which is the crowd is inconsistent. Dont claim I am being stupid if all you are gonna do is see their side of it and claim that its all because we wouldnt help them pay for the field. We are every time we pay almost 50 bucks for parking and 8 bucks for a cheeseburger. They aint hurtin for money so dont make it sound like they are. Not saying they shouldnt make a great profit but taking into account the world today and who your fans are is always a good idea for future fan consideration especially once your team starts to get less than stellar. The Cheifs stink and yet they continue to fill Arrowhead and are loud as hell. Not saying I want to be the chiefs but perhaps there is something there the Krafts can learn from as far as continued gate success in spite of bad teams. Every team needs to runt he scenario of how to make money when the team sucks the KCC obviously have found the right combination. It starts I think from giving your fans a break when the company doesnt necessarily need to just to say thanks

If your objective is to leave no doubt your dumb..... well you've succeeded.

Completely

You could have lower prices for tickets if Gillette was built with $XXX millions in public funds.
Is that what you want or would you be moaning about subsidizing millionaires?

You're an idiot if you think a publicly financed stadium would lower ticket prices.

They'll charge what will sell out.

The only solution-o is for Patsy fans to stop going. A boycott so to speak! Screw 'em! Until they lower prices, matee!

In any other endeavor it's called "gouging", charging what the market will bear. Greed, in other words. Why aren't there anti-gouging statues like there are for the rest of the economy?

I thought that the crowd that was there did a pretty good job in the second half. It was not a fun game to attend.

I've never booed the Pats and it bothered me, but that right comes with the price of admission.

It was a stodgy, uninspiring game in the cold rain. At least we won. But the booing did bother me, it always does. It's stupid. I only boo the refs.

The crowd sucks. We get it. This isn't exactly earth shattering news. The last really good crowd that i can remember was 2007 vs. SD.

We had some good crowds late last season once the Wine and Cheese crowd scalped their tickets. The Jets home game was the loudest I remember in a long time, and the Cardinals game was pretty loud too.

The AFC championship game against SD was disgraceful. The team was chasing history, and you could hear a pin drop.

I'm not crazy about booing because it takes away from the home field advantage. The fans have a job to do too.

They did play terribly in the first half, but booing doesn't accomplish much.

Same argument different year.

Don't blame the fans. Blame Krafty's minions and the terrible architects that designed that awful stadium.

You know they built it without enough bathrooms and forgot to let enough sunlight into the field to grow grass properly.

When your team is acting and playing they way they are, the fans have a right to boo them, and they should. Let those guys on the field know that not caring about the game is unacceptable.

We might be spoiled from all those Super Bowl wins, but I think it's fair to say that the Patriots have even higher expectations of themselves than the fans do. As for the lack of noise, it's the stadium design. Colts fans used to brag about how much louder they are than Pats fans, well you don't hear that as much now that they're cheering in a wider, quieter stadium. The acoustics in Gillette suck.

Last edited:
You're an idiot if you think a publicly financed stadium would lower ticket prices.

They'll charge what will sell out.

Yeah I know.

Read the guys origional posting moaning about "overpriced" tickets that sell out.

Here's my take on the crowd: Most, if not all of the seats around me are held by season ticket holders but rarely do I see the same faces twice, so the people who have these seats are either not interested in attending the games or are just interested in selling their tix. The people who have the seats next to me (new this year) came to 1 game, spent the whole time whining about Maroney, Brady's play-calling (?), the price of beer and pretty much everything else that had nothing to do with anything. I'm glad they didn't come back. Since then each week there have been different people in those seats but it's the same all around us, some have been great fans, vocal, into the game etc. Other times there are people who make their noise when the offense is on the field and sit quietly when our D is out there.

Yesterday was actually one of the more vocal group of fans this year, particularly when the defense was playing. There were several occasions when the booing was noticeable and not always directed at Randy. I have never booed this team, nor do I ever plan to but if that's your thing I can't stop you. Unfortunately the "crowd" such as it was sort of thin. Probably 25% of the seats were empty. On Saturday night there were about 1500 tickets available on the ticket exchange and it was growing by the hour. At times the club seats were all but deserted, so no noise there. Props should go to the end zone fans, they seem to be really into it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a lot of the people in the stands may be fans but aren't particularly participating in the game maybe, because they don't know how. For all the fans here, there are almost always tickets available on the ticket exchange at face value plus a very small service charge so if you're on the waiting list you can get tickets there. It would be great to be surrounded by fans who are really into the game.

I guess I also should mention that our mascot, Pat Patriot, was no where to be found until sometime after the half. It's possible this was a big factor in the crowd not knowing what to do or when to do it. I guess I could make a joike here but I won't.

Crappy weather + crappy game = crappy croud

The crowd at Gillete needs more passion!

I'm just thankful I only have to watch a few games per year on Fox. If you want an opportunity to appreciate Jim N. and Phil Simms, watch Siragusa and the other 2 bozos a few times. Not to mention having the screen freeze up about 6 times during the game. What a bush-league outfit. Too bad, because their pregame guys, except for Strahan the idiot, are better than CBS.

Last edited:
BTW Goose can kiss my season ticket holding *****. Screw those Fox guys.

Did you expect the fans to be waving towels showing their appreciation?

No...but some noise for the defense would be nice.

Gillette often sounds like a morgue compared to other US stadiums. But we've been through this a million times.

Here's my take on the crowd: Most, if not all of the seats around me are held by season ticket holders but rarely do I see the same faces twice, so the people who have these seats are either not interested in attending the games or are just interested in selling their tix. The people who have the seats next to me (new this year) came to 1 game, spent the whole time whining about Maroney, Brady's play-calling (?), the price of beer and pretty much everything else that had nothing to do with anything. I'm glad they didn't come back. Since then each week there have been different people in those seats but it's the same all around us, some have been great fans, vocal, into the game etc. Other times there are people who make their noise when the offense is on the field and sit quietly when our D is out there.

Yesterday was actually one of the more vocal group of fans this year, particularly when the defense was playing. There were several occasions when the booing was noticeable and not always directed at Randy. I have never booed this team, nor do I ever plan to but if that's your thing I can't stop you. Unfortunately the "crowd" such as it was sort of thin. Probably 25% of the seats were empty. On Saturday night there were about 1500 tickets available on the ticket exchange and it was growing by the hour. At times the club seats were all but deserted, so no noise there. Props should go to the end zone fans, they seem to be really into it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a lot of the people in the stands may be fans but aren't particularly participating in the game maybe, because they don't know how. For all the fans here, there are almost always tickets available on the ticket exchange at face value plus a very small service charge so if you're on the waiting list you can get tickets there. It would be great to be surrounded by fans who are really into the game.

I guess I also should mention that our mascot, Pat Patriot, was no where to be found until sometime after the half. It's possible this was a big factor in the crowd not knowing what to do or when to do it. I guess I could make a joike here but I won't.

funny I seem to mention someone mentioning alot of what you just said but being called a typical idiot...wonder why no one has dont that with this post?

BTW all fantastic points

Eh, the crowd certainly could be better a lot of the time, but I do think the stadium plays a fairly big role in the lack of noise (acoustically, drawing the "red seat" crowd, etc...). The Pats certainly aren't the only team dealing with this phenomenon though. Compare the old RCA dome (insert piping crowd noise joke here), and Lucas Oil Stadium, which doesn't get terribly loud. I'd love to have a Qwest/M&T Bank type atmosphere, but it is what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back