Welcome to PatsFans.com

Crocapublican Tears

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Imagine this --- Nancy Pelosi on 60 Minutes. She breaks down and cries, not once but twice. She flat out says she "rejects compromise."

Someone would have to call the ambulance for Harry Boy. The threads condemning her would be myriad and mocking. Her inability to control herself would become legend. UTube would crash. Headlines across the nation would blare "WOMAN SPEAKER BREAKS DOWN IN HYSTERIA ON NATIONAL TV." Her emotional status would be the subject of conversation for decades. Her refusal to meet half way with the other side would be rejected, reviled and deemed reprehensible.

John Boehner? His wife explains it all in 6 short words - "It's an emotional time for John."

What a guy!!

Where's Sarah when you need her? A little of her infamous "Man-up, grow a pair," might be in order here.

John Boehner (R-Ohio), the man who will likely be speaker of the House in January, went on "60 Minutes" ostensibly to discuss his plans on handling the Democrats in the upcoming congressional session. However, it wasn't his politics that left people talking. It was his tears. Over the course of the interview with Lesley Stahl, Boehner teared up not just once, but twice. He also said that while he hopes to find common ground with the Democrats, he won't be compromising any time soon. He told Stahl he rejects the word "compromise."

BlogPost - Rep. John Boehner cries -- a lot; and rejects "compromise" (Video)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

If Pelosi cried, the righties would be slobbering and drooling all overthemselves.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Auntie Pelosi said she cried when she saw the photos of the Muslim Murderer with Ladies Underwear on his head in the Abba Dabba Prison she also said she vomited, several months later Photos were flashed around the world of the Muslim Savages carving a Human Head off on Live TV, Auntie Nancy and her daughter went to a Rock Concert.
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

My point exactly let the slobbering and drooling commence...
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

The old witch isn't capable of crying.
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Oy. Now we are reduced to decrying imagined responses to imaginary events?

Slow news day?
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

How sensitive and tolerant of you. You must be from the party tolerance and acceptance. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he has a little retarded nephew or something you can make fun of too? Wouldn't that be a hoot? Seriously. Who cares if the guy cried on TV?
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

He's a republican, the angry democrats loved his crying it gives them something to make fun of him while they themselves are filled with rage and hate for anyone not agreeing with them.

Remember all the Liberal Democrats weeping, blubbering, sobbing and slobbering at Messiah Obama's coronation?
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is the second time in the past week you've started a thread that was very highly critical of the right - not for something they actually did, mind you, but for something you perceive as the type of thing they would do.

You really come off looking like someone feebly grasping at straws. I guess there was nothing from the interview itself you could find to criticize.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Harry Boy.. your elder statesman..

Guess you missed his comments, interesting how the right is ok with the obvious misogyny.. but can accept cry baby Boehner.. people need to figure out what is politically correct or not so..

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

So let me get this straight.....if a Republican cries it's good - it's a few tears and who really cares, right?

But if a Democrat cries it's "weeping, blubbering, sobbing and slobbering?"

Interesting take, Harry, thank you.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ohhhhhhhh I get it. Harry Boy said something so that makes all conservatives responsible and culpable for those remarks. :rolleyes: Does that mean I can hold you responsible for Apple Strudel's disgusting comments he made on 9/11? Or his disgusting comments he made about Pearl Harbor?

This is unusually weak and lame - even by your own incredibly low standards.
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

That's what happens when I read Harry Boy too much. I start to sound like him, I guess.

If there was nothing to criticize in his outright rejection of "compromise," I wouldn't have included it.

I'm game...would you like to talk about that aspect of it? The part where he's dead set on, not solving the debt crisis, not finding jobs for the average American, not balancing the budget, not being the least bit bi-partisan, not being willing to even discuss finding a solution which makes the majority of people happy, not working with people but against people but is most concerned with winning an election which is two years away and assuring victory for "his" side, sure, let's talk.

I'm really enthused with a politician whose main objective seems to be "My way or the highway." I suppose you are, too?
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Misogyny? :confused:

WTF are you talking about. What does Misogyny and the right have to do with this thread? You do realize that we're talking about "pretend" reactions from the right as projected by the OP, and not real ones?

Are to trying to project pretend rationale for the pretend reactions? :confused:

That's all I can think of, either that, or you have no effing clue as to what the word actually means. I'm not sure. Either way...... this thread is pure fantasy, both in original thought and follow-up comments......

Maybe we should talk about other pretend stuff that isn't real. You know, like we did when we were kids. :rolleyes:
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When his political opposition is trying to implement policies that would destroy our country as we know it, then yes I am very happy to see him take a hard line stance. Sound to me like your comment regarding bi-partisanship is just sour grapes at getting beaten at the game you've been playing for 2 years.

I didn't see the interview last night (am I the only person in the patsfans political forum who actually, like, watches football on Sundays?) so I can't comment on that specifically, but I will be happy to discuss his positions in the abstract if you would like.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 6 / -2

Crying isn't one size fits all. The reasons behind the tears are what matters. For example, while there is no "crying in baseball" for example, we totally accept it when a 20 year vet finally wins a World Series, and sheds some tears. The point is, why are you crying. If it's because someone called you a bad name, then you'll get roasted. If it's because of something heartfelt, then probably not.

I'm not really concerned with his crying when recounting his upbringing, and his belief in the American Dream. However, when he says he's an emotional guy, I hope he doesn't let that emotion affect his policy decisions, or votes. Like religion, emotion should have little to no part in government.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Wow! You're getting "wicked smaht" RW! That last statement is dead-on NAILED!
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Now your getting it, when a republican crys it's from the heart, when a dingobat crys it's a bunch of slobbering sh!t.

:bricks:
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Well stated..... And based on REAL logic, discussing REAL events. I agree whole-heartedly with your entire post.

I too was ACTUALLY watching football and did not see the interview, so I have NO opinion over whether the "crying" was appropriate or not. Regardless, none of that has anything to do with the OP, which was nothing more then "Hey, nanny, neih neih" pretend garbage over what they "think" the reaction of the "right-wingers" would be.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Roll your eyes all you want, it reminds of a young teenage girl..

In the past year the right has dwelled on Michelle's garden, her arms, her sneakers and just about everything that the first family has done. The right has taken every opportunity to lambast these folks and have redefined the rules of what is politically correct... the right has waged war on just about everything the left has done, no matter how small.

Now you have a speaker of the house, who found time to get in 119 rounds of golf last year, likes to cry in public.. welcome to the real world John.. this shyt is gonna happen every day, so go ahead and act like a blubbering idiot. This is the third in line to the POTUS... does not emit a very strong, in control personality to this viewer.

FYI, he cries all teh time.