Welcome to PatsFans.com

Crisis as it looks to The Independent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

2. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Right. Heated attacks and snide comments 2389704349876938475, actual issue, 0. Pretty much what I thought.

(Explains the poll pretty well.)
  3. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's what those hypocrites wanted. They whine about how biased the media is toward the left, yet they pull all these town hall stunts knowing that the media likes to cover all the muckitty-muck.

If the media truly was biased, you don't think they would temper that crap with coverage of some of the other more tempered meetings?
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What a wonderfully unbiased report by a traditionally unbiased source, Bravo.........:rolleyes:
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The stats in that article make the issue extremely clear: the medical lobby (most notably the AMA since the 60's) are single-handedly preventing health care coverage for all. I can understand their position.

Look at the stats in that article. The UK has just as many doctors per population metric, with the same coverage, but with less pay.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -9

Loudmouths Stopped The Vietnam War
    Loudmouths Desegregated America's Schools
    Loudmouths Sent The Rodney King Cops To Jail
    Loudmouths Sent GW Bush Into Hiding
    LOUDMOUTHS WILL KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF YOUR HEALTH CARE

GOD BLESS LOUDMOUTHS

WHO COULD BE A BIGGER LOUDMOUTH THAN BELLOWING SPITTING UNCLE TEDDY

PANT SUIT HILLARY SHRIEKS
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

So Loudmouths should rule just because they're loudmouths? What's your problem with well-thought-out reasoning and logic when we're trying to make a better world?

Loudmouths rob poor people of their money from the pulpit while blaspheming Jesus
    Loudmouths caused the Civil War.
    Loudmouths kept blacks from using White toilets and diners.
    Loudmouths (one in particular) ran the Commie Blacklist efforts of the 1950s
    Loudmouths perpetuate racial division (Sharpton and Duke)
    Loudmouths in Nazi Germany got tens of millions killed
    Loudmouths put Iran back into the Medieval times
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -9

It all depends on who is doing the "Loudmouthing" my dog or your dog, the old white bastards at the tea partys and town halls have just as much right to "YELL" as all the left wing democrat protesters of the past have done, personally I would rather listen to some old lady yelling about her health than listen to Jessie Jackoff trying to start a riot.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

As long as the old lady knows what she's talking about. I can't listen to any loudmouths yelling when they have their head up their arse.

Everyone has the right to yell. No one is required to listen to them. The spineless ones in government seem to be reacting quickly to whoever's yelling. Just found out that Obama's about to cave on the Public Option. I'm sure the insurance companies are really happy about that. They've already sent out the invitations to the celebration - paid for by you and me.
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Apparently he quasi-caved (in favor of coops) and un-caved (saying well, it's not off the table but it's not the sine qua non the Dem. "left" says it is.)

Something tells me he let the left of the Dems say the public option is the heart of the bill, and is reserving the right to default to "co-ops." I could see them writing co-ops in and public option out, to give the pubbies political cover, and then allowing co-ops to be national in size and administered (after an application process) by... presto! The department of HHS!

Watching this one unfold... you heard it here first!

Oh and by the way... what would be the problem with that? Isn't that exactly what a public option is?

Baddabing baddaboom, you're competing against non-profits. Suck it up. Nobody is obligated to protect the insurance companies' profits from competition from another model.

PFnV