PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Collinsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he pointed out some of the obvious bad calls (gronk opi, Chung hold), non-calls (Den holding). He totally ignored the hands to the face on the 4th qtr Den TD when it was being played in slow mo. He also acknowledged that this Pats team looked nothing like the team that started the season. Finally I don't recall him bringing up any of the cheating crap. But yea, he is annoying.

"That call was on the very borderline of borderline" that was a great bit of commentary from someone who is clearly sick of the refs.

Costas and Dungy are worse.

Those 2 are anti Pats to the core. At least Collingsworth is neutral.

Now we have threads about Collinsworth? Are we really that hurt over the loss? I mean, 10-1 is still pretty decent.

The only thing Chris Collinsworth ever did that bothered me was his attacks on Rodney Harrison.

Most announcers bother me, Collinsworth is somewhere in the middle of the "fingernails on the chalkboard test"..

I really don't hate him and Michaels at all. They give the Patriots a lot of credit. You say one nice thing about the other team and now you're ballwashing them and hate the other team lol. Seems like some people are upset unless every announcer is Tommy Heinsohn and won't say anything bad about their team.

Last edited:
Complaining about the announcers? Come on. It's the lamest thing other fan bases do. Well, one of the lamest.

Complaining about the announcers? Come on. It's the lamest thing other fan bases do. Well, one of the lamest.
I guarantee you that you can go to the Denver forum and they will be saying Collinsworth and Michaels must be upset their Patriots lost.

I guarantee you that you can go to the Denver forum and they will be saying Collinsworth and Michaels must be upset their Patriots lost.
Perspective is an interesting thing. I still chuckle that we have a thread about him, though. Don't we have more important things to be concerned about as fans of this team this morning?

He admitted to pedophelia on camera.

I am ok now i just had to get that out haha

Last time I checked, Collinsworth isn't lacing 'em up for the other side or making questionable calls against our players. Save the hate or other strong feelings for them.

Ive been as annoyed by him or more even.
But honestly i think yesterday he gave very good insight about the play of Ryan this year.
Chungs improvement since coming back.
Gave proper grades to the o line and even an interesting tidbit about Josh seeking advice on becoming a head coach and seeking Bill and Tonys council.
I think yesterday was the first time I found myself saying this was actually good information from Chris.

I don't know why we can't have a thread bashing collingsworth. It's a fan forum and some of us fans can't stand the guy. The other day there was 10 pages on Ray Lewis.
I hate collingsworth. That guy hasn't seen a call go against the pats that he can't rationalize. That call for defensive holding against Chung that negates the sack....yes, collingsworth sputtered a bit initially. A moment later, he said, well, Chung did hold him a little. Pure bs.

Ive been as annoyed by him or more even.
But honestly i think yesterday he gave very good insight about the play of Ryan this year.
Chungs improvement since coming back.
Gave proper grades to the o line and even an interesting tidbit about Josh seeking advice on becoming a head coach and seeking Bill and Tonys council.
I think yesterday was the first time I found myself saying this was actually good information from Chris.
Collinsworth usually provides some good information in every game he does. That said, his personal bias contaminates his perception of what is happening on the field, and it's getting worse. The thing annoys me even more is the tone he and Michaels use when Pats make plays vs. when plays are made against them.

So many people would kill to be NFL commentators. It shouldn't be that hard for the Networks to find competent announcers that are relatively objective. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes