PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Carter: Pats no longer an elite offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're nonsense Deus! Please remind me how that super bowl worked out?

I stand by my statement that the Patriots BEST years were when they had no-name receivers. I stand by it because it's true.

Besides, I always felt Moss was a self-centered baby. And now, he's GONE!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Randy!

I believe our defense had more opportunities to lose that game than the offense did. I also lay more blame on our O-line rather than our receivers for our offensive failures.

The question should be now is, if this team is a playoff team in ur mind now?

Yes, with Brady and Belichick I think we're always a playoff team.

How many Super Bowls did Cris Carter win again?

Oh, right, zero. Despite playing in an offense with himself, Moss and Jake Reed that broke records for points scored.

What does an 'elite' offense do for you again? Oh, right, jack and ****.

They lost the NFCCG because their kicker missed his first kick the entire year. He makes that kick and they go to and win that Super Bowl.

I don't understand why more people aren't looking at this as a positive. Why can't this be a launching point for this young receiving core to prove themselves and solidify themselves in this league? Of course there should be skepticism due to their lack of experience, but i guarantee if half of these guys blow up into perennial powerhouse targets for Brady in the next couple of years, you guys are gonna go down on BB faster than he can get it up. All i'm saying is give them a chance and let them prove that they belong on the New England Patriots. Why would you be a Pats fan if you can't be optimistic about the young talent on your own team?

It's too soon to look at it positively. On paper this has a LOT more immediate downside than upside. We're already relying heavily on 1st and 2nd year players to make immediate and large impacts, and now getting rid of our 2nd best offensive player... it's very hard to smile and say thanks Bill!

Besides, I think the Pats only scored 4 special teams/defensive TDs (two in the first game and two on Monday). That makes it 103 offensive points that makes them the sixth best scoring offense without looking at the other teams and whether they scored on special teams or defense.

It is 5:
Tate and Guyton vs Cincy
Tate, Arrington, and Chung vs Miami

The Patriots set the NFL scoring record in 2007, while going 16-0 during the season. Only the clueless would claim that offense wasn't the most dominating offense.

"Dominating" means nothing if you don't win the SB.

So you can go on all you want about 2007. To me and most Pats fans, it was one of the most disappointing years ever.

I believe our defense will step it up now. Defenses are affected by offenses. When all the attention is given to the offense, it's easy for the defense to fall short. Now our defense knows the team has to rely upon them more...like we did back in 2001-2004.

It's all good my man!

We watch the games, for crying out loud. You mention one play and that proves that Moss is always double teamed? Did you watch the Jests game, for crying out loud? Did you see lots of "single coverage" in that game, for crying out loud? Revis left and then Cromartie covered Moss and Brady tried to get it to Moss and Cromartie intercepted the pass. Do you see a safety over the top as Cromartie intercepted the pass, for crying out loud? I think the Jests did pretty well in the second half of that game while having "single coverage" on Moss. The Jests are in the AFC East. We have to beat the Jests in order to win the AFC East and in order to get to the AFCCG. Revis' hamstring will be fine the next time we play the Jests. Revis or Cromartie can single cover Moss, for crying out loud. How is Moss versus Tate or Price being single covered any different?

Moss is "single covered" by either of the two Jests corners at this point in his career. We have to beat the Jests in order to get anywhere, maybe twice. The Jests are not afraid of Moss as evidenced in both games last year and the first game this year.

Moss is a great receiver but we will not beat the Jests throwing the long ball to Moss in "single coverage".

Ummm.... Moss v. Jets in single coverage equaled one TD caught and another dropped. You might want to re-think your argument.

The way this offense is constructed right now, it's not even close to the 2004 offense.

At best, it will be something like the 2003 offense with some smurf receivers, good tight ends, and a north-south running back... which would put it somewhere a 380 points total scored, not a top 10 offense.
However, with Bill O'Brien calling the shots, I'd say it won't even be as effective as the 03 offense was.

"When asked if Cris Carter was going into the hall of fame this year the voters said 'absolutely not.'"

Who gives a ****? Carter isn't going to be objective at all in this case because of the player and team involved. Even if it turns out to be accurate his opinion holds no water in this case.

I was going to say the same thing. Randy was his protege and the Vikings are the team with which he finished his career.

Whether Carter is right or not, I never take anything he says seriously.

Personally, I am on wait and see mode for this offense. So far, Moss wasn't a big enough part of the offense to say definitively that this offense won't be elite without him.

Yeah, your post pretty much sums up how I feel about this move. We will all just have to wait and see what comes of this.

Ummm.... Moss v. Jets in single coverage equaled one TD caught and another dropped. You might want to re-think your argument.

Acutally, Deus, he may be right. The dropped TD was a play in which Moss was doubled.

Last edited:
If any NFL team has a player that needs to be coddled, that player isn't an asset to that team...unless he's a QB.

Moss NEEDED to get attention...that has been his downfall his entire career.

How many world championship teams has he played for?

For some reason, I forget.:rolleyes:

Despite all the cry-babies, the Pats are better off without him.

I don't disagree with much of what you have to say but you would have said NONE of it 72 hours ago. Or last week. Or last month. Or last year.

Suddenly Moss is a dog because he's no longer with the team, which, as you point out may become a win-win for both sides in the deal.

Let's just try and maintain a little perspective here people.

Acutally, Deus, he may be right. The dropped TD was a play in which Moss was doubled.

Thanks. I was just using his "Jets single coverage" argument and pointing out that Moss would have had 2 TDs against those very Jets had Moss not dropped the other TD pass. Getting it against a double team is giving him more credit than I was, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes