PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Carter: Pats no longer an elite offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the lack of RB also hurts more...and people comparing to past offenses....they had a very experiecned coaching staff then...right now even the coaching is raw.

Whether Carter is right or not, I never take anything he says seriously.

Personally, I am on wait and see mode for this offense. So far, Moss wasn't a big enough part of the offense to say definitively that this offense won't be elite without him.

Its not like Brady was forcing it as much.He did in the jets game.People who think this offense will be better without Moss are nuts!We just maded it easier on all the AFC opponents to beat us basically.They are not scared of both our offense and defense now!

We aren't an elite offense anymore. True. To be an elite offense, we now have to prove we can still spread the field without Moss. If we can do that, especially against the next few teams on our scheule, then we can once again be called an elite offense. We currently have unmatched potential on this team and the offense has yet to prove it can help carry the defense without Moss to spread the field. We will see in the next few weeks how it works out.

Funny...the Patriots are the #1 scoring offense in 2010 so far.

Time will tell.

Despite all the cry-babies, the Pats are better off without him.

I was inclined, a few hours ago, to disagree with you on this (unlike in the political forum where we usually agree :)). But after taking some time to cool off and read things, I'm leaning your way. I like Randy, and he's obviously very talented, but I'm starting to think that this offense might be able to return to the offensive system we saw a few years ago (when they last won). BJGE is looking solid, and the new TEs are promising. Even Troy Brown thinks so:

Troy Brown: Moss move a 'win-win' - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Either way, we'll all have to just wait two weeks and see!

Last edited:
I think we will get a dose of reality come the ravens game.Just hope it isnt as bad.

Matthew Slater = The new NE deep threat! FTW :woohoo:

Isnt Brandon Tate our deep threat?:rolleyes:

I think we will get a dose of reality come the ravens game.Just hope it isnt as bad.

The Ravens have a great defense. Even with Moss, the Pats' offense could get shut down. I don't think if they do, it shows anything. Of course if they play well, I bet many Moss defenders will say it is a fluke.

Whether Carter is right or not, I never take anything he says seriously.

Personally, I am on wait and see mode for this offense. So far, Moss wasn't a big enough part of the offense to say definitively that this offense won't be elite without him.

Moss doesnt need to make catches for his impact to be felt. He was the defenses number one focus game in and game out. Attention on him allowed for good match ups for Welker and Hernandez. You arent going to see that anymore, it will make life much more difficult for Brady, Welker and Hernandez

When did we become a an elite team? I thought that we were not even considered a top five team this season. :confused:

Good point. The Patriots have only two WR's and no TE's.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but Welker has been double covered quite a bit since last season. The difference with Moss gone is that he's now going to draw Vontae Davis and Darrelle Revis on top of safety help over the top. Teams are going to gameplan to take him specifically out of the game. Didn't used to be that way. They would gameplan to take Moss out of the game and take their chances with Welker and everyone else.

As for the TE's, yes, Hernandez is good. However, we have been using Gronk almost exclusively as a blocker until we get into the red zone. With the way teams are going to be blitzing us now, I don't see any reason for that to change. That's why, unless Tate proves capable of replacing Moss or we pull the trigger on a trade for another WR, this trade was a bad move and was really something that should have been taken care of a long time ago.

As for the offense... if you ask me, I think Carter is at least part wrong. I think this will still be a good offense. I'm not too sure whether or not it will still be an "elite" offense.

Who is the "deep threat" on the Indianapolis Colts? Some of you make it seem like if you don't have Randy Moss or Bob Hayes in their primes, you can't score points. The Patriots have a number of weapons with Elite quickness AND Tom Brady. They are still a difficult team to defend.

I know I'm in the minority, but before I'd make a statement like that I might wait for them to play a game or two first.

I am in a wait and see approach with this latest development too.

The colts have Reggie Wayne, did u forget that?They also have a system that they run very well on offense.I love Tom Moore then Bill O'Brien.

The Ravens have a great defense. Even with Moss, the Pats' offense could get shut down. I don't think if they do, it shows anything. Of course if they play well, I bet many Moss defenders will say it is a fluke.

ahem... I don't think my fantasy team will believe that statement :eek:

Ok, they have a good front 7 but their DB's are not that great

Isnt Brandon Tate our deep threat?:rolleyes:

Moss has caught two passes over 20 yards this season through 4 games. One of them was against a porous Bills defense and the other was when Revis pulled a hammy (although Moss might have beaten him anyway on that play). I don't know if Moss has really been a consistent deep threat either.

Why wouldnt teams double Welker now?They gonna be afraid of an unproven wr in Tate?

you don't double short routes like the ones welker does, if they do, I love the idea of teams leaving Tate to a corner without a safety watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes