PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris carter on the big show: Deion branch is ‘just a guy’

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that have to do with anything? There are plenty of teams out there who are hurting for WRs right now. The 49ers and the Rams are just two off the top of my head. Plus, Branch has a friendly contract now thanks to the re-structuring he did.

It has everything to do with comparing Moss to Branch. Carter claims Branch is a JAG and defenses don't fear him the way they fear Moss. If Moss is really that much better than Branch and if teams are hurting for WR than why didn't more teams go after Moss?

At this point in his career Moss is just a JAG. And at this point in time Branch is a better WR than Moss.

Wow. I guess THAT'S the reason the website is called "Patsfans.com".

Whodathunkit?

It's called "Patsfans.com" because it's got a bunch of whiny Patriots fans who can't handle what appear to be honest, personal, evaluations from a potential Hall of Fame wide receiver?

From back in February. Note the far more rational discussion, even though it's on "Patsfans.com":

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/323285-reiss-thinks-pats-would-interested-deion-branch-if-released.html

It made the PFT site. So it isn't a complete non-story for other areas of the country. So I don't know if it would be a complete non-story here if it was a player in another town although it wouldn't be a six page and counting thread.

Personally, I think this is more of a story of the incompetence of Cris Carter as a talking head and analyst than anything to do with Branch. He has twice come on WEEI in recent months and shown his obvious biases towards Randy Moss which has allowed him to be confrontational and at times somewhat irrational in his analysis. Carter is desperate to show this offense would be better with Randy than without him. The only way he can do it is by tearing down Branch because he isn't good enough to make an argument that doesn't come off condenscending.

PFT posts lots, and lots, of non-stories. This is just one of them.

It's called "Patsfans.com" because it's got a bunch of whiny Patriots fans who can't handle what appear to be honest, personal, evaluations from a potential Hall of Fame wide receiver?

From back in February. Note the far more rational discussion, even though it's on "Patsfans.com":

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/323285-reiss-thinks-pats-would-interested-deion-branch-if-released.html

I don't even think I'd take him for the vet minimum. The guy is essentially playing on one leg.

:ugh: Looks like I was dead wrong in February. Though, he did look much better in Seattle early on this year than he did at any point last season.

:ugh: Looks like I was dead wrong in February. Though, he did look much better in Seattle early on this year than he did at any point last season.

Don't be too hard on yourself..... you'd already begun changing your opinion before February was out:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/323338-clayton-speculates-deion-branch-back-ne-merged.html

By the time Moss was gone, you were fully on board:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/677770-discussions-occured-re-deion-branch-seattle-beat-writer.html

Hey, hey, people who live in stone houses shouldn't do the necro-post thing.......Mr. Laurence Maroney Fan Club President ;)

Makes sense. The health issue was no longer as big a question mark earlier in 2010 than it was in 2009. Didn't hurt that I had saw him play too. :cool:

Wonder if ESPN is going to ask him about his opinion of Branch's performance on Monday. TV Commentators must be held accountable for their "expert opinions". Those who write get feedback through the Comments sections of their newspapers or blogs. TV commentators can hide better. (with their unchallenged prejudices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes