Welcome to PatsFans.com

Criminal Liberal Media Caught Doctoring Photos..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DeanPatsFan, Aug 6, 2006.

1. DeanPatsFan

DeanPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think this is fascinating, but I argue with the title...I don't think it's criminal, although it's despicable, and I don't think media politics had anything to do with it. The author suggests that media are overrelying on stringers and free-lancers with dubious credentials and motivations and I think that is absolutely right.

At any rate, this is a piece I'd like to see the media pick up on. I think it should run on one of the networks and the NY Times ought to run it too. I'm inclined to think that Dean Pats Fans thinks the liberal media would never run this, but I think it's a terrific story and that they'd love to--if it comes to their attention.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

The arrogant sore losing jealous unbeliveing bastards still don't get it, "the old days are gone" people like Donkite, Rather and Katie can't feed us their biased lying bullsh!t anymore.

Beware Liberal Media We The People Are Watching You The Bloggers Have Come To Town And They Are Up All Night Studying Your Dishonest Sh!t.

Praise Jesus H Christ

Remember Dan Rather :singing: :singing:

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Sorry they have people called EDITORS, any competent editor would have seen the problems with the doctored photos. This is business as usual for the mainstream anti US anti Israel media.

BTW Reuters has withdrawn the photos
    I will note that the photographer who doctored these photos is the SAME guy who I posted about when I discussed the 'out of sequence staged photos of Qana. GEE WHAT A COINDENCE!;)

So for all those who rationalized the staged Qana photos what about now?
    Any 2nd thoughts about the media?

I would be willing to bet this will get NO play in the times NBC, CBS, ABC, Wash post, maybe a blurb in Foxnews, but that will be disregarded cause Foxnews is 'biased. LOL! The silence will be deafening.

Had the doctored photos been pro US or Pro Israel the wailing abpout scandals from the 'mainstreanm media would have been huge. Calls for examination of 'what went wrong' and so on.:p

5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fox news was discussing pats robertsons opinion on global warming.
    They called pat a sane man, and al gore was clearly ''UNHINGED.
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200608040006

6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

BTW the Green helmet guy from the Qana photos shows up in photos of Israeli 'atrocities in 1996! GEE what a coincidence!

The same rescue worker in 2 atrocities 10 years apart!

Wait there is more, he makes it from Qana to Tyre for another atrocity!

GEE what a coindence!;)

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/07/who-is-this-man.html

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/qana-directors-cut.html

Small world ain't it!

BTW why did the media censor 9-11 photos and video tapes by deciding not to show the people jumping out of the WTC?

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

SO WHAT!

It is called an OPINION, why do you and MM become so deranged over someones opinion? Sean Hannity is not elected to anything! Same goes for Rush, O'reilley, Savage whoever. Unlike the dangerous mouths on the left are indeed elected officials, like Murtha, these guys don't vote on policy.

9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

This keeps getting better more from the 'objective' oh so professional 'mainstream media. I'm sure this will make the fromt pages of the NYT.;)

10. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Point one: I'm pro-Israel and I don't find the media anti-Israel.

Point two: Not showing the suicides falling from the WTC on 911 was, in my opinion, a good editorial decision. Adults can imagine it, and don't need to see it. Young people don't need to see it or imagine it.

There are plenty of pictures of car accident victims or murder victims that newspapers decide against running, and rightly so, in my opinion.

As for the faked Israel atrocity pictures, they belong in an entirely different category. Knowingly running such pictures is despicable. And there may be editors in the mainstream media who have done that, although I doubt it.

I think what we're seeing here is a combination of a photograph, doctored by someone who has propaganda motives, accepted by newspaper or TV editors under time pressure, competitive pressure and gullibility.

I am very pleased that Reuters has withdrawn the photograph and I hope that this, um, phenomenon gets covered by mainstream media. It's a good and necessary story.

I want to thank DeanPatsfan for bringing it to our attention, but I am not willing to accept his conclusion that this is evidence that the media is anti-Israeli. As a long-time supporter of Israel, I am very sensitive to how the media is covering this story and I do not see an imbalance on the major networks or the big newspapers.

Now, if you want to talk about editorial comment, that's something different--but even here, I think the comments have been pretty balanced. I try to read without partisanship and I think the great majority of the media tries to write this story without partisanship.

11. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You don't think Al Gore is unhinged.
    Be on the lookout for ManBearPig.
    I'm serioul!
    LOL

12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never opined on al gore, hannity did, I just reported, you decide;)

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Our President, George W Bush contributed greatly to the "unhinging" of Crazy Gore, Al Gore in the last few years has become a "Raving, Bellowing Lunatic" now he thinks he's Marlon Brando, he made a sh!tty movie that only a few coke sniffing liberals went to see and already he wants a star put on the sidewalk for himself, and it's true, he looks in the mirror and calls himself "Mr President"

Gore still doesn't know HE LOST.
    :bricks:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  14. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ah, more insight from Swami Harry, the Irish mindreader. Whenever you want to know what someone else is thinking, just as Harry. He'll have an opinion and you can pretty much be sure it will be worthless.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

A very thoughtful post. I do believe this outregeous activity by Reuters will not receive much if any coverage outside of the right wing bloggers. I think the involvement of this photographer in the Qana photo mess as well as the doctored, the death threats by someone at Rueters against the blogger who exposed this is a scandal of major proportions. As I said if this sort of fraud had been done to support the war we would see a media firestorm over it. It will be very instructive to see how much coverage and how much soul searching this will engender in the mainstream media> i will predict as in the Rahter fraud not much.

16. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

...And why people won't take him serioully.
    Look. There's ManBearPig.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

More on our now famous Rueters photog/Hezbollah propagandist. One of the featured rescue workers in the Qana photos was the 'white tee shirt' guy, check him out in the links above.

Here is a photo from MID JULY identifying the 'white tee shirt guy as a Hexbollah gunman, and not a rescue worker.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060713/ids_photos_wl/r1528895629.jpg

The question is now, how complicit is Reuters (and other mainstream media) in promoting Hexbollahs agenda? We remember CNN admitting they slanted stories so as to not offend Saddam and gain access. Now this.

Clearly the photog knew this guy wasn't a rescue worker when he did the Qana shots. IMO Hezbolah staged to Qana event for the press and the press willingly went along with the deception. The real question is did Hexbollah kill these children to win a propaganda victory?

Before you dismiss this kind of savagry remember these people also have used children as suicide bombers and then paid the families.

18. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think the guilty party is probably the photographer. I suspect he is part of what turned out to be a very successful propaganda effort by Hezbollah. My guess is that the western press was victimized by this guy.

But this is just an educated guess, based on Reuters' withdrawal of the picture. The story could be more complex, even more sinister. Let's see how this plays out in the next few days. Let's see what, if anything, the mainstream media does with the story.

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

I agree it will be fascinating to see what the media does with this story, my prediction is next to nothing.

Consider whether this same sort of manipulation has been used by the media in Iraq. Think of the background of the sources for the Haditha story and the reporting anomilies surround that 'atrocity.

Propaganda is a key element of asymmetric warfare.