PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Credit where credit is due: TMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Remarkably, he has absolutely nothing disparaging to say about Cassel, Brady, Belichick, or the Patriots.

FWIW, he did reprint what he wrote when the Pats drafted Cassel:

Here verbatim is an item from the April 25, 2005, Tuesday Morning Quarterback, which ran on NFL.com, published three days after the 2005 NFL draft: "It was bad enough when the Patriots used a sixth-round pick on quarterback Tom Brady, who'd had a fairly ordinary college career, then turned Brady into a Super Bowl MVP. Now they've used a seventh-round pick on quarterback Matt Cassel, who didn't even start in college. Please tell me New England will convert him into a tight end or maybe a defensive tackle. Please don't tell me he's another future Super Bowl MVP quarterback."

I'm not gonna click on the link, but I'm pretty shocked. I would've bet money that he'd bring up "karma" and the football gods somehow in regards to this. He was whining every week about running up the score.

I don't think for a minute that he isn't thinking all those things and probably has them written down in some unpublished version somewhere. Probably figures by writing it, he would lose even more of his already pitifully small readership. His column certainly doesn't fall into the informationally relevant category anymore, IMO.

The cheering crowds of Jet fans owe a debt of gratitude to Easterbrook, the Goebbels of ESPN. Easterbrook's propaganda gave them license to be the monsters they are.

After all, his depiction of the Pats and everything they represent as "Evil", his sensationalism regarding the "Spygate" hoax, his demands for unprecedented team punishment, his attempt to invalidate all of Tom Brady's accomplishments, helped create the atmosphere where injuring Brady's knee became an acceptable tactic trumpeted from the Washington Post to ESPN.

Congratulations, Eaterbrook. Your concept of "justice" has prevailed.

File this under "What color is the sky in their world?"

Easterbrook is such a Pats fan it's disgusting. As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure that all of ESPN has some sort of deal worked out with the Pats (because even when it's terrible news, such as losing the MVP of the league and the best QB in the NFL) they still try to say it will be ok. I'm sorry, but the pats without brady is like a peanut butter sandwich without, well...peanut butter. And would you PLEASE stop taking cheap shots at the Phins!!! We lost the game on the last throw of the game with 13 seconds left. You make it seem like we got blown out. Kraft must be giving ESPN tons of dough.

I'm not gonna click on the link, but I'm pretty shocked. I would've bet money that he'd bring up "karma" and the football gods somehow in regards to this. He was whining every week about running up the score.

i was actually expecting that 100%. i bet he will wait for a few more games to see if we fall off before writing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back