PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Credit to the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson 2

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They played it to the hilt like true professionals. They had nothing to gain seeding-wise or otherwise. Spare me the stuff about how they wanted to protect their perfect home record against Houston, it was a divisional game against a team they might see soon, etc. While it kills me to write this, they were terrific today, and I don't just mean the final score.

They played it to the hilt like true professionals. They had nothing to gain seeding-wise or otherwise. Spare me the stuff about how they wanted to protect their perfect home record against Houston, it was a divisional game against a team they might see soon, etc. While it kills me to write this, they were terrific today, and I don't just mean the final score.

Agreed. But after all, isn't that how you want to build a winning culture - "you play the game to win"? The Colts aren't going to win it all this year, but they are building something for the future, and this kind of win is very significant in that context. And it sends a message that Houston is likely just renting the AFC South title, probably not for very long.

Agreed. But after all, isn't that how you want to build a winning culture - "you play the game to win"? The Colts aren't going to win it all this year, but they are building something for the future, and this kind of win is very significant in that context. And it sends a message that Houston is likely just jrenting the AFC South title, probably not for very long.
They
were smart enough to understand that beating Houston today would pay large dividends down the line, as you point out. If there is one thing that almost always proves true is that resting players when you have a spot sewn up is a mistake. Sometimes, as with Welker in Houston in 09, it backfires, but not often.

This incarnation is much more likable than the one that almost seemed to enjoy throwing games.

They played it to the hilt like true professionals. They had nothing to gain seeding-wise or otherwise.

They certainly had confidence to gain. A win against their division winner going into the playoffs is a big deal for a young team like the Colts.

Week #17 and they played hard. I guess we have to give them their man card back.

I knew they had it in them. Great game for Indianapolis today. Colt fans must be happy with how their new team is developing. It's much more likable than the Princess-Peyton era.

Last edited:
You play to win the #1 draft pick.

The Colts certainly helped the Patriots big this time. Luck is going to be one of the elite QBs over the next decade I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes