Welcome to PatsFans.com

Crazy Stuff

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Oy! Some death row prisoner is suing to prevent his execution because he is "too fat" to die.

He's saying it would be cruel and inhuman because someone might have to stick him a few times to start an IV line. I wonder if he'd sue them for sticking him three times in an attempt to save his life, too?

We started IVs on people weighing as much or more than he does hundreds of times. Just like thin people, sometimes you hit a vein the first time, sometimes you miss and have to stick them again.

It's not like it's excruciatingly painful. It's a bee sting, fer cryin' out loud. Try having an interossous stuck directly between your tib/fib like they sometimes do to small kids when they can't access a vein quickly.

Anyhow...should they delay his execution until he loses weight or what? It's only been 30 years since he committed his crime - what's a few more decades? <<insert sarcastic emoticon here, please.>>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...id10|htmlws-main-bb|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=207133
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

i saw that yesterday and was going to post it ... then I was like how do I post this - it's almost to crazy to post ... then I see your title "Crazy Stuff".

I'm sure they could up the dose plenty to do the job - how do they do a horse - that's the plan.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

480! holy crap!

Make him watch a few episodes of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" and he will kill himself.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

He's not even mentioned the dose - he's worried about the fact that they might have to stick him more than once while trying to access a vein....the dosage is easy - it's all calibrated by weight, anyhow.

Oh, and he's concerned the gurney might not hold him.

There are specially designed gurneys and carts - as well as special wheelchairs and hospital beds. We had carts in the ER called "Big Boy" carts made especially for the morbidly obese.

480 isn't all that unheard of. Our biggest patient was a 44 year old woman who weighed 700+ pounds. She'd come in by ambulance all the time....the FD had to remove her front window to get her out of the house each time....they'd take her out of the house on a platform they'd made especially for her and then transport her on the floor of the ambulance after removing the gurney. It pretty much took the whole fire department to carry her.

She once sat on the toilet in her ER room and pulled the whole darn thing out of the wall and floor.

That was interesting, to say the least.

From then on we made her use a bed pan.

Even more interesting - unless you were the one who had to retrieve it.

In spite of that, she was a very nice lady.....albeit one with problems. We were all pretty much grief striken when she died....we could not do efficient CPR on her no matter how hard we all tried - she was just too massive for us to make the necessary contact with her heart.

Oh, and her husband weighed about 102 pounds soaking wet.

But I am waxing nostalgic now.....the point is, she got IVs all the time. Usually on the first attempt.
  5. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He would die a tortuous death because they couldn't find a vein? Me thinks not.
  6. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

OT: For a scary thought....my mom was one of nine kids, and Im one of 13 grandkids.

4 of her bros/sisters are or were (passed on) 450+

Of the 13 grandkids - 3 were 425+ with the biggest coming in at 575 (pre-lap band).

Sadly, I wish I was making this up...and here I think I'm a beast at 230.....
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

That would help ... but I would add 'Honey Boo Boo" as a kicker for good measure.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

This is your "new america" live with it.

If you get mugged at night it's your fault for being out at night......Live With It

You Have The Right To Remain Silent--------2012
    He's silent sarge, I knocked him out with my night stick-------1950
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

My question is "where did he get enough food to get that fat?"

Tax payers shouldn't be footing the bill for murderers to eat that much. I thought they only got bread & water.....looks like he gets a couple of big Mac's, fries and a chocolate shake...SUPER SIZED too!
  10. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

OT: To sustain a weight of 480 lbs, a 59 y/o Male who is relatively sedentary would need somewhere around 4300 calories a day!!!

WTF!

Jail sounds like it might be a cure to hunger, not having a roof over your head and missing out on True Blood......

...and getting that junk removal surgery too....
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 5 / -2

That fat slob wasn't all that concerned with cruel and unusual punishment when he murdered a hotel clerk in cold blood.

What a society we've become. Flat screen TV's for inmates, sex changes on the taxpayer dime, and now death rowers obese on taxpayer provided cheeseburgers seeking a stay of execution cuz of their self imposed lardness. What a country.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Maybe he should take his appeal to Judge Mark Wolf, the Reagan Appointee who ordered the sex change operation in Massachusetts..
  13. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Maybe they should sew his butthole shut and keep feeding him and feeding him

HD should get this reference.
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

If I could "Like" this post 1000 times, I would! The country is being taken over by a bunch of polotically correct wimps/pansies, that's what's happening RW.

Who gives a rats arse about an incarcerated PRISONER'S sexual feelings or a lard-butted murderer's concerns about being put to death.

Or how some American's comments or video offends people on the other side of the globe.

Can someone tell us why anyone would/should care?

We need to toughen up quickly...everything's about feelings now....and if my post offends you, GOOD!! That's what I want to do!
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Or to a flaming libbie...after all, aren't they the ones who always seem to care about peoples' "Feelings"?:D
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

The Horse,Bullet behind the ear.

If they let the Muslims kill him they will stone him to death, if they did they would be throwing rocks at him for a month, I think they should cut his head off.

:bricks:
    "my name is harry and i approve this message"
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

when you get stoned they bury you in a hole first ...

Be tough trying to get people to want to dig a hole that big.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

he should see if he can die as a woman, they'd go for that
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Yes.....yes I do.....