PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crazy question but...

(If) he gets off, we should probably try and sign him (unless he holds a grudge because then we should all get body armor) because who would want to tackle him and piss him off?

But what do I know, I have no street cred.

Um, 'no'.

If he were ever allowed back on a football field the NFL would be endanger of observing a scene that is similar to the opening of the movie "The Last Boy Scout".

No one is saying he's a choir boy nor is anyone saying he is 100% innocent of any crime. All that I'm saying is that if he is found not guilty of the murder charges and does his probable time on the weapons charge then maybe he deserves a second chance. I know I've had more than one chance in my life and in a way I feel for the guy because even if he's innocent he's been labeled for life.

It says a lot that you're willing to give people second chances, but I don't believe that you really understand what's going on in the Hernandez situation.

To start with, he currently has TWO separate cases where he's charged with murder, so the odds of him beating one aren't too hot--let alone both. Should he be found not guilty on the first trial currently underway, he'd still be found guilty of the weapons charges, which should put him in prison for another 3-4-5 years in his best case scenario. The truth is, you'd have to be asking this question for the 2019 season, or something along that line. After being out of the NFL for a good 5-6-7 years, I don't imagine that Hernandez would get any takers.

Then there's the fact that he currently has a zero bail bond out on the 2nd murder case, so even if he somehow beat everything (100 percent impossible), he'd still be in jail awaiting the 2nd trial.

Even then, if he somehow gets through BOTH trials and the weapons charges he still wouldn't be out in time for the 2015 season--at least not all of it, anyway. I just can't envision any scenario where another NFL team is going to want to taint their brand by bringing in someone accused of multiple homicides and weapons charges. Aaron Hernandez will never play in the NFL again. You can take that to the bank.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back