PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crazy question but...

LeoparCT

On the Roster
Reaction score
Let's say the outcome of the Hernandez trial ends in a not guilty verdict should we try to re sign him? He's still very young and has years of football left in him. We know the guy is extremely talented and was once considered part of the best TE duo in the league. He might learn not to be such a head case after this ordeal and settle down and let his playing do the talking. I see him as still being an elite TE if he is exonerated and IMO might be worthy of a second chance here.

Let's say the outcome of the Hernandez trial ends in a not guilty verdict should we try to re sign him? He's still very young and has years of football left in him. We know the guy is extremely talented and was once considered part of the best TE duo in the league. He might learn not to be such a head case after this ordeal and settle down and let his playing do the talking. I see him as still being an elite TE if he is exonerated and IMO might be worthy of a second chance here.
It depends is he getting bail on the double homicide case he has pending?

You would happen to be the junior who got kicked off his jury the other day?

Is this a serious question?

Hernandez is going to jail, if not for the murders(3 of them from two different trials) then at the very least for numerous weapons charges, and the drugs they found in his stash house.

I just typed up a serious response. In hindsight this question doesn't really deserve a real response.

Hernandez is scum. Put him out of your mind, if he gets off it'll be on a technicality because he killed Odin Lloyd. And likely two other people. He belongs in prison for the rest of his life.

Indiana_Jones_-_In_Before_The_Lock.gif

Crazy question indeed.

He is going to have to go through another murder trial after this Lloyd one. And the weapons charges. No.

I just typed up a serious response. In hindsight this question doesn't really deserve a real response.

Hernandez is scum. Put him out of your mind, if he gets off it'll be on a technicality because he killed Odin Lloyd. And likely two other people. He belongs in prison for the rest of his life.

Well let's allow the justice system to convict him and the not the court of public opinion. If he is guilty I have faith that the system will prove if but if he's not then we must trust that same system.

He is going to have to go through another murder trial after this Lloyd one. And the weapons charges. No.

The weapons charges yes I believe so but not sure about any other charges. I thought any connection to other homicides were only alleged and not substantiated.

The weapons charges yes I believe so but not sure about any other charges. I thought any connection to other homicides were only alleged and not substantiated.
He was indicted on two charges of 1st degree murder.

Source

Well let's allow the justice system to convict him and the not the court of public opinion. If he is guilty I have faith that the system will prove if but if he's not then we must trust that same system.
LOL Yeah Aaron's a good guy. Just misunderstood.

Innocent or not he is a scumbag idiot.

Dude- this isn't Spygate or DFG where the brand is tarnished but life goes on. Hes already guilty in the court of public opinion. Even if he gets off on the murder of the kid and the double homicide his personal brand is damaged for life. See OJ Simpson for a comparison.

If acquitted, there is a less than zero chance of him ever playing football every again for the Pats or for any of the other 31 teams.

Agreed...the court of public opinion doesn't need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt whether he's guilty or not. I'm all for letting the legal process play out but the evidence we know about, the facts in the case...whether he gets off on some BS or not Hernandez is scum, and still has to answer to two other murders.

No one is saying he's a choir boy nor is anyone saying he is 100% innocent of any crime. All that I'm saying is that if he is found not guilty of the murder charges and does his probable time on the weapons charge then maybe he deserves a second chance. I know I've had more than one chance in my life and in a way I feel for the guy because even if he's innocent he's been labeled for life.

I have a more sensible question: If you're walking down the sidewalk on one roller skate, carrying a canoe and a wheel falls off, then how many flapjacks would it take to roof a doghouse, true or false?

No, even if he were proven innocent on everything he keeps getting put into these situations because he's too close to home.

If he ever plays in the NFL again, which is probably about a 0% chance, he needs to go to the middle of nowhere away from CT. Throw him out in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

I also wouldn't want his stench around the team.

Aren't we in the spotlight enough the way it is?

Triple murderer with a hair trigger temper? Ah, no thanks...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back