PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crazy Play In Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
Cleveland went for FG to tie the game... the ball hit the uprights and then hit the BACK of the goalpost... not the crossbar, but the BACK of the posts (the curved part) and came back into the field of play.... it was originally ruled "no good" but the refs are discussing it

Last edited:
Now they are going to instant replay to check it out - even though the
announcer said the play is not reviewable. Prediction: They are going to
overturn the ruling on the field with a FIELD GOAL.

The Ravens have left the field. :D

Yep, going to OT. Not sure who I want to win here, as these are arguably two of my least favorite cities in America. But there's so many players on the Ravens I can't stand... so go Romeo!

That was awesome.

FG is good..!! We're going to Overtime..!! :D :D :D

Never seen that happen. That was awesome and a great call by the refs. If the ball only needs cross the goal line to be good for a TD, there should have been no questions that the ball needs only to cross the plane of the cross bar as well.

Great kick by Dawson. I love the fact that most of the Ravens were on their way to the locker-room.. That should really take the wind out of their sails.

How can you not want the browns to win this game? Aside from Romeo, there's the fact that the Ravens deserve to lose every game they play against the Browns ever again just for the karma of it.

LOL, Baltimore already went back to their locker room? Shouldn't that be a forfeit? :D

How stupid of the Ravens to leave the field since no indication from the refs that it was over. Second how can the 2 officials in the end zone not make the right call. Apparently they need to read the rulebook again...

I wonder what the fallout will be from this? The refs using the replay to review a non-reviewable play?

I wonder what the fallout will be from this? The refs using the replay to review a non-reviewable play?

Did they though? The ref said it was a "discussion on the field".

Pretty interesting. They didn't actually show Morelli go under the hood, but I think he must have seen it. It's not a reviewable play.

So, what happens here? Morelli goes over and says, "look, if you thought a ball that hits the back support is no good, you have the rule wrong." To which they say, "but we thought it hit the cross bar," and Morelli says, "yes, and it's not a reviewable play, so are you sure you saw that"?

Or something like that.

How do we feel about that? It's idiotic that play can't be reviewed. I think the fact that they got it right is everything. But you notice Morelli was very clear not to say, "upon review."

The ref said he was going to review it but I am not sure he ever actually did. I think what happened was they continued to discuss the incident before coming to the correct conclusion.

Thanks, I actually went to this game cuz of this thread. Interesting. Don't give a fluk who wins, but you gotta love a good game.

How do we feel about that? It's idiotic that play can't be reviewed. I think the fact that they got it right is everything. But you notice Morelli was very clear not to say, "upon review."
I agree... the fact that they ultimately got the call right pretty much indemnifies them against any serious fallout.

According to the post game show on cbs, (and the NFL) it IS a reviewable play. So there won't be any fallout.

Last edited:
Ok, they just stated on CBS *it is* a reviewable play now :rolleyes:

I don't know what's more surprising... the Phil Dawson FG or Baltimore scoring 30 points. :O

According to the post game show on cbs, (and the NFL) it IS a reviewable play. So there won't be any fallout.
Good to hear... in all honesty, when the announcers said it was not reviewable, I wasn't so sure I agree with them. After all, it wasn't a judgement call we're talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back