Welcome to PatsFans.com

Crazy Norway Helped The Killer (this is sick)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

This is sh!t, god bless those poor kids, God help all the citizens who live in that LIBERAL insane abnormal country.
    This is not Matt Drudge reporting this is the NY Times.

OSLO — When a man dressed in a police uniform began slaughtering young people at a Norwegian summer camp last week, one of the first to be killed was a real police officer named Trond Berntsen, who for years had worked in security at the camp.

Whether Officer Berntsen tried to stop the gunman is still being debated. But facing a man carrying multiple guns and ample ammunition, there was little he could do. Like most other police officers here, he had no weapon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/26/world/europe/26police.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

2. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Don't like to hear this crap do you, bat sh!t liberalism at it's finest, cops with no guns,

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Those stats are relevant but are likely of little comfort to the victim's loved ones in Norway. Which sounds safer to them?....I know that's not fair really but I think it's getting to be time to realize that safety anywhere in today's world can't be taken for granted. It's too late for the victims in Norway and I know hind site is 20/20 but It's not unreasonable to expect a security police officer be armed for that line of duty.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I think you might be right about the armed security - but that's how people learn things, isn't it? By experience. Look how much has changed in the way of security here since 9/11. Before that there were no armed guards in airports, no armed guards on the transit systems. No metal detectors, no nothing, really. And still, today, in spite of all the changes, we are still threatened, we are still not going to be prepared for everything and anything.

Most of the officials in Norway are adamant that this is not going to change their way of governing or of living.

Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store, a Labour Party member, said he had visited the camp on Thursday. "There was political discussion, there was joy, there was everything that is associated with a political youth camp."

He said that the fact that the suspect is a blond Norwegian man should Friday's events will have an enduring influence on Norway, but will not fundamentally change the country or what it stands for, he predicted.

"Today, free government was attacked, freedom of association was attacked, the spirit of youth was attacked. But we will kick back and say that these are values that are dear to us, and we intend to defend them and Norway will be recognizable tomorrow as the Norway our friends and partners around the world have known so far."

Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was not in his office at the time of the blast and was not hurt, officials said.

Afterward, he had a message to whoever may have been responsible: "You won't destroy us," he said. "You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked."

Norwegian Boy Survives Rampage - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Everything I've read seems to point to the fact that the citizens of Norway agree.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

So be it, I will pray for them, they're going to need it, bullys always go after the kid they know won't fight back.

Cops with no guns in todays world is right out of a Saturday Night Live JOKE.

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

The stats may be of no comfort to the victims' families, but in the context of an American joker referring to Norway as a "LIBERAL insane abnormal country" and the rest of the crap harry has been spewing about Norway, it may be all that matters.

Sad, a Muslim kills or tries to kill people, and all Muslims are evil. A righty Christian extremist kills dozens, and it's the fault of the Muslim intruders, the libruls in power or that nation's gun laws. (Not referring to you here, 42.) No surprise, I suppose.

10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I know you're not stupid Chico...so your comments above baffle me.

We know as fact that countless Islamic terrorist have proclaimed their goal publically time and time again. They have killed, bombed, sawed off heads on satellite television, burned and hung bodies over public roads...and yet you still can't distinguish between a group of people who themselves admit they're terrorists and "a rightie christian extremists" who acted alone.

I know if you really, really think about it, you can see the difference. If not, I suggest you ask all the families of 9/11 victims as well as all the families of Islamic terrorism victims all over the world.

Or you can continue to keep your eyes closed and worry about "what all the good Muslims feel like".

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Do you honestly think the famlies of the Norway victims feel any differently?

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Where did my post refer to solo terrorists versus organized group of terrorists? Where did I write about "what all the good Muslims feel like"?

I'm not sure how what you wrote is in any way related to what I wrote.

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Comment upon the main point of a post or don't bother commenting...Why do you pick small points to comment upon?

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

That's because you don't want to see the relationship chico....it's right there for you.

Whether you see it or not, my comment was directly related to your post. And it's not sad the way people see Islamic terrorist compared to a guy like this...it's called "REALITY".

Islamic terrorism is an organized world-wide threat and rightie psycho's aren't. The 2 can't even be compared.

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Islamic terrorism is simply a poor man's war by radical Islamic righties. Radical Christian righties use mostly the military force of government to wage unnecessary wars that kill tens of thousands of innocent people. Both sides are equally dangerous, though if forced to choose, the American radical right is better for me personally because our system keeps them in check at least in terms of domestic policies. That said, there are radical Christian terrorists (and radical Islamic governments) as well. Christian terrorists include Timothy McVeigh, Brievik, those who have killed abortion doctors, those who have defunded Planned Parenthood, and Tea Party activists who are willing to cause our government to default if that's what it takes to cut services to the poor.

16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So I guess we need some kind of Islamic terrorist entitlement programs to level the playing field?

I think your premise fails from the get-go but I know you won't be swayed. There might be some distant, loose definition of equivalency but I disagree that the government marches to the orders of radical righty terrorists, cut from the same cloth Islamic terrorists are. It's like saying the KKK runs the government. Maybe local and state gov many years ago, but not now.

17. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

So your answer to gun wielding idiots is more guns? Do you know if Officer Berntsen even had a chance to pull a gun if he had one?

The article stated that Norway has 4.6 million people and had 29 murders in 2009.

Here is a list of US states with a comparable population and the murders in those states in 2009.

Kentucky (4.2 million residents) - 178 murders
    Louisiana (4.4 million residents) - 530 murders
    South Carolina (4.5 million residents) -287 murders
    Alabama (4.6 million residents) - 323 murders

U. S. Crime Statistics Total and by State 1960 - 2009

Gun laws, or lack thereof, in those states:
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/KYSL.pdf
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/LASL.pdf
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/SCSL.pdf
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/ALSL.pdf

Massachusetts with a population of 6.5 million had 172 murders in 2009. Still ridiculous how high that rate is but with 2 million more people than the above states, it doesn't look to bad.

Gun laws in Mass:
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/MASL.pdf

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Look, PR. People can comment on anything they want to comment on. Your repeated attempts to regulate and dominate any given conversation are out of line. They'd be out of line in a spoken conversation and they're out of line here. You do not set the scope or the tone of a thread. I do not have to ask your permission to respond to something you've written down and put out there for the entire board to either ignore or comment upon. If it's such a small point, why did you even bother to make it? Obviously you felt it worth saying - and if it was worth saying, it's certainly worth responding to.

Or maybe, in light of many previous comments, you just can't answer it without backing yourself into a corner. Is that it?

To me, it is NOT a "small point" if you are trying to say that 9/11 families feel any differently about their lose than the Norway families feel. Both are victms of the same disease - namely terrorism - either committed by madmen or rational ones - but committed in the name of terror, regardless.

Besides, there was nothing else worth commenting on in your post.

19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

No, PR, it's that you're making inferences that aren't warranted.

You can't make the claim I can't distinguish between the two, since I haven't said the two are the same.

So if you want to try responding to what I actually wrote, please feel free. If you think it's a good thing for people to extrapolate from the despicable actions of violent Muslims extremists to all of the billion plus Muslims in the world, you're welcome to that opinion, though I think it's unfounded and is a logic that can in fact be applied to Christians or pretty much any group in some manner. If you think it's a good idea in this instance to blame "the Muslim intruders, the libruls in power or that nation's gun laws" rather than the righty Christian extremist, make your case -- though that would be odd, since I thought you had stated otherwise just this AM.

But if you're going to respond, respond to what I write, not what you imagine I write.

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Norwegian gun ownership is only slight lower than in the U.S. so you'll have to keep looking for that "root cause". Maybe they have less talk radio there...and no Fox News.:rolleyes: