Welcome to PatsFans.com

Crazy ***** is coming to my town!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Andrea Yates the babykiller will be transferred to North Texas State Hospital in Vernon, TX., so says the local paper.

I saw some pictures of the supposed resort this creature would've spent the rest of her life in on one of the cable news channels the other day. The pictures showed a beautiful lake, with piers and forrest trees. North Texas State Hospital is in Vernon city limits, and let me tell you, we have no lakes or piers or forrests in this town! It turns out there are only two facilities in Texas that can house inmates like Ms. Yates and North Texas State Hospital is one of them.

Don't worry NTSH is fenced off and has a guards tower (shown below), reassuring civilians who have homes within 20 feet of the complex that they will be safe. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What this has to do with politics or world events - I have no idea. Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Don't think she is a danger to the citizens of N. Texas, but if she reproduces and continues her religious bent watch out. I suspect she will remain behind high walls for a the rest of her life, politics do play a role in these things.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Yates should hold a News Conference and tell the Elite Media that she "Hates Bush", the Ny Times, CNN and CBS would make another "Cindy Sheehan" out of her, Liberals would instantly fall in love with her.
  4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its sick that her hubby or one of her treating physicians that took her off Haldol are going scot-free in all of this.

There is at least some shared accountability here.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm sure people get taken off Haldol every day without drowning their kids.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The article I read (I no longer have a link) gave some good examples - most people who are found not guilty by reason of insanity for MURDER are never, ever released. Look at Hinkley.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Finish their sentence when they become sane? I think you misunderstand the concept of mens rea (guilty mind). The issue isn't that the person is too insane to go to jail, it's that they were too insane to know their crime was wrong when they committed it. In our society, the two required elements for a crime (except in special "strict liability" cases) are actus reus (guilty act) and mens rea. The common law maxim is actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea ("the act will not make a person guilty unless the mind is also guilty"). The insanity defense is way overblown, people get off on insanity very rarely, and "get off" doesn't mean they walk free. Is there some abuse? Probably, but I don't think it's appropriate to punish someone in prison if they were really too insane to know their consequences - it's enough to protect society from them for the rest of their lives and leave it at that.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006