PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crazy Fantasy Football Outcome B/c of Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I bet none of you care. But i thought i would post it anyways. Maybe someone in FFL has had this happen to them. Maybe Digger44 will complain and i'll have to fedex him some tissues. But if this has happened to you before, you should reply.

Ok so in my ffl league me and my opponent are tied for the lowest score going into monday night Raiders/Bolts. He has nobody playing. He is done at 73. I have Lamont Jordan. Lamont gets 21 yards thru the 4th quarter and i am up 75-73 (1 pt every 10 yrds, -1 a fumble).

So with 8 minutes left, the unthinkable happens. Yep, Lamont Jordan fumbled the godamn ball. Not only did he fumble the handoff, but he lost 2 yards while doing it. So he went down to 19 yards for the day with a fumble.

This lowered the score to 73-73. Unbelievable. I was pissed.
What made it worse was that the Raiders put in some schmuck with 5 minutes left who ran for like 50 yards. Lamont was done.

But Wait, there's more.

All of a sudden the score goes back up to 75-73. it says 20 yards rushing and no longer lists the fumble. Could it be? Did i imagine it??

I checked the play by play on espn dot.com and the "other guy" who i was playing checked yahoo. Yep, the backup QUARTERBACK was credited with the fumble because it was a handoff.

B/c of this i won my game and Beat the lowest scoring team with the 2nd lowest score. A crucial game in fantasy football that could make the season.

And now i have just wasted 10 minutes of your time.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
your first mistake was owning jordan :)

who else did you havE?

fleabassist1 said:
your first mistake was owning jordan :)

who else did you havE?
I am in an 8 team league.
you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex(rb/wr) , 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 kicker

I have

QB: Marc Bulger, Jake Delhomme
RB: Ronnie Brown, Lamont Jordan, Corey Dillon, Laurence Gibroni, Chester Taylor, Joseph Addai
WR: Reggie Wayne, Anquan bolding, TJ Housh, Lee Evans, Nate Burleson
TE: Watson
Kicker: no one cares
D/ST: Giants (no one cares.)

ouch... :)

You got a few decent players there... esp in receiving corp... even though all of those guys are behind superstars. :-(

fleabassist1 said:
ouch... :)

You got a few decent players there... esp in receiving corp... even though all of those guys are behind superstars. :-(
Yeah, 8th pick in an 8 team league doesn't leave you many options at all.

You would be crazy to reach for an elite WR with the 8th and 9th pick (i got Brown and Jordan) and on the way back, they are gone (hence Boldin and Wayne) , then i got Dillon then Gibroni

Steal was Addai in the 17th round and Houshmanzadeh in the 9th.

I won thanks to Jordan, my opponent needed 3 points, getting 1 point for each 10 yards rushing or receiving. I knew I had almost no chance going in but for once the "almost" worked.

Get this, though.

Last year, Week 1. I'm up by half a point, MNF about over, opponent has McNabb who just lost the ball for the last time, I have Vick. So I've won.

Except Vick take a knee three times which is officially -3 yards rushing. He goes from 71 yards rushing to 68, I lose a point thanks to three f*cking kneel downs and lose.

That SUCKED really bad.

BelichickFan said:
I won thanks to Jordan, my opponent needed 3 points, getting 1 point for each 10 yards rushing or receiving. I knew I had almost no chance going in but for once the "almost" worked.

Get this, though.

Last year, Week 1. I'm up by half a point, MNF about over, opponent has McNabb who just lost the ball for the last time, I have Vick. So I've won.

Except Vick take a knee three times which is officially -3 yards rushing. He goes from 71 yards rushing to 68, I lose a point thanks to three f*cking kneel downs and lose.

That SUCKED really bad.
hhahaahhhaha.
That sucks.

Stupid fantasy football.
It must be my lucky week, I won the first 2 Line Cards I played at the bar too for the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

I was down 21 late last night with only the San Diego defense left. I tied ;)

Gon_Trevil said:
I was down 21 late last night with only the San Diego defense left. I tied ;)
Nice!!!

B/c i have the 2nd lowest score i get 2nd choice with the Add a player and drop a player.

If San Diego D is there, they are mine.

But.............

My other strategy is to pick up New Orleans, and keep adding and dropping defenses every week based on which ones play Brett Favre.

I'm not Kidding.

I lost because of Nick Saban. He cost me big time. My opponent had Heath Miller and we all know that he did not get into the endzone but the loser that Nick Saban is can't even challenge the play correctly which gave an extra 6 points to my opponent and I ended up losing by 4 points. I blame it all on Saban.

bball831 said:
I lost because of Nick Saban. He cost me big time. My opponent had Heath Miller and we all know that he did not get into the endzone but the loser that Nick Saban is can't even challenge the play correctly which gave an extra 6 points to my opponent and I ended up losing by 4 points. I blame it all on Saban.
hhahhahhah

i have wilkins on my team :)

This was my rookie season, I had never played before and all my friends thought I had the worst draft picks (I picked 7th out of 10). Turns out, I got 102.78 points, highest out of the 10 and my matchup was second with 93.50 lol. Before Monday, I was at 85.93 with Santana Moss and Shawne Merriman left to play. Low and behold, Moss got me 5+ points and Merriman got 3 monster sacks against Aaron Brooks and netted me 12 more points, woohoo. This fantasy draft thing is pretty easy :p BTW I drafted 3 pats! Here's my lineup.

QB Tom Brady NE
WR Sa. Moss WAS
WR Derrick Mason BAL
WR A. Randle EL (Added) (dropped Jason Witten TE)
RB Rudi Johson CIN
RB Reggie Bush NO
TE Benjamin Watson NE
W/T Vernon Davis SF
W/R L. Maroney NE
BN S. McNair QB BAL(added) (dropped Leftwich due to same week bye as NE)
BN E. Wilford WR JAC
BN D. Williams RB CAR

K S. Graham CIN
DEF Chicago D
D Shawne Merriman SD

I took a few risks on Bush, Davis, and Williams since they were rookies, but I felt there was promise there and the rewards have been pretty good for me so far. Hope this nice run continues :)

Last edited:
I've lost one FF game because the fumble was credited to my QB, even though the handoff was clean and the RB simply effed it up, never truly having possession. Fumble goes to the last player who had full possession.

Regards,
Chris

Keegs said:
I bet none of you care. But i thought i would post it anyways. Maybe someone in FFL has had this happen to them. Maybe Digger44 will complain and i'll have to fedex him some tissues. But if this has happened to you before, you should reply.

Ok so in my ffl league me and my opponent are tied for the lowest score going into monday night Raiders/Bolts. He has nobody playing. He is done at 73. I have Lamont Jordan. Lamont gets 21 yards thru the 4th quarter and i am up 75-73 (1 pt every 10 yrds, -1 a fumble).

So with 8 minutes left, the unthinkable happens. Yep, Lamont Jordan fumbled the godamn ball. Not only did he fumble the handoff, but he lost 2 yards while doing it. So he went down to 19 yards for the day with a fumble.

This lowered the score to 73-73. Unbelievable. I was pissed.
What made it worse was that the Raiders put in some schmuck with 5 minutes left who ran for like 50 yards. Lamont was done.

But Wait, there's more.

All of a sudden the score goes back up to 75-73. it says 20 yards rushing and no longer lists the fumble. Could it be? Did i imagine it??

I checked the play by play on espn dot.com and the "other guy" who i was playing checked yahoo. Yep, the backup QUARTERBACK was credited with the fumble because it was a handoff.

B/c of this i won my game and Beat the lowest scoring team with the 2nd lowest score. A crucial game in fantasy football that could make the season.

And now i have just wasted 10 minutes of your time.

Have a good day.

I was trailing in my opponent by fifteen points going into last nights raiders/bolts game. I have the bolts defense and kicker on my fantasy team. 21 points from the defense and 10 points from the kicker! to bad i fell asleep during the 2nd half (on pacifice time here in az.) but it was sure a nice surprise to wake up to. Can the Raiders really be that bad, Art Shell looked clueless on the sideline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back