Crayton issues guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/10/crayton_issues_guarantee.html

Crayton issues guarantee

WR Patrick Crayton isn't sure that the Patriots are going to be in the Super Bowl in February. But if they are, Crayton seems fairly certain just who they'll face.

"I told my coach yesterday, ‘If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again,’" said Crayton. "If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again. Seriously, I’m not backing down from that statement. Yesterday I told my coach that and I’m saying it now."

Crayton wasn't finished. He said that there are plenty of players around the league that are sick of the idea that it's Colts and Patriots, and then everyone else in the NFL pecking order.

"That’s the perception of the Colts and the Patriots," he said. "And you get tired of hearing that."

Crayton also addressed the Patriots' final touchdown, coming on a fourth down with 19 seconds left. He joked about it, yes. But he said that he also won't forget.

“You put that in the memory bank," Crayton said. "You remember. You have a chance to sit on it, kick a field goal, whatever, and you score a touchdown. You know, if I was playing Madden, I would’ve done the same damn thing. I’m not gonna lie, I’m not gonna sit on something."

He was then apprised of the popcorn eating the Patriots did coming off the field, and Crayton took that the same way he did the final TD. "It’s stuff like that, little things," he said. "You put it in the memory bank and prepare for the next time you face them."

Re: Crayton issues gurantee

sour grapes. your player issues the statement. we just follow through with it.

JUST LIKE THE CHARGERS. Talk a bunch of $H!T before the game, lose the game and then WHINE afterwards about the Pats eating popcorn after the game. What a bunch of flaming ****ies.

Yeah-I too wish Crayton would have shut his mouth.

However-honestly, the NFC rep will be the Packers, IMHO-with this likely being Favre's last season, the chips/luck/cinderalla stuff is just falling in their laps this year.

Crayton and his teammates had a chance yesterday to dispel the myth that its the Pats and Colts and everyone else. His team lost by 21 points at home. Crayton needs to go back and play in the sandbox with his crybaby friend TO.

As usual, the Crackboys are overrated. Surprise, surprise.

I see nothing wrong with this. Seems like he's just trying to pick his team back up after a tough loss. Sometimes pretending to be offended can rally the troops.
His annoyance with the Pats behavior is mis-guided though. His coach called the time-out at the end of the game that caused BB to keep playing (if you call 3 straight dives with your 3rd string RB in the goal line package "playing"). And I'm sure even he knows that his team mate brought on the popcorn issue.

I see nothing wrong with this. Seems like he's just trying to pick his team back up after a tough loss. Sometimes pretending to be offended can rally the troops.
His annoyance with the Pats behavior is mis-guided though. His coach called the time-out at the end of the game that caused BB to keep playing (if you call 3 straight dives with your 3rd string RB in the goal line package "playing"). And I'm sure even he knows that his team mate brought on the popcorn issue.
quite frankly i dont think he is that smart to play mind games to pick up his team etc.

Last edited:

"They talk about it. We just BE about it."

Willie McGinest after the Pats trounced the Steelers in the 2004 playoffs.

If it ever happened that the pats made it to the bowl, and so did the boys, I think that BB is pretty darn good in second meetings during a years isn't he?

Tough to figure the NFC. The team that makes it has to have a decent QB. Romo and Dallas are the leaders, but I have a feeling they will lose steam a bit as the season goes on. Dark Horses Washington and the Giants. Packers are in there too. Maybe Tampa. My gut tells me it might be the Redskins/Giants.

WHY does he have to lump the Colts in there? Now I'm scared!! BTW, how many one hand catches did he attempt yesterday??

WHY does he have to lump the Colts in there? Now I'm scared!! BTW, how many one hand catches did he attempt yesterday??

colts would kick their a**ses to with their offense,

JUST LIKE THE CHARGERS. Talk a bunch of $H!T before the game, lose the game and then WHINE afterwards about the Pats eating popcorn after the game. What a bunch of flaming ****ies.
Word! Crayton needs to shut the hell up.He is only digging himself a hole.

JUST LIKE THE CHARGERS. Talk a bunch of $H!T before the game, lose the game and then WHINE afterwards about the Pats eating popcorn after the game.

The popcorn bit is remarkably like the Chargers -- whining about your own team's taunting being thrown back in its face.

But promising a Superbowl appearance I have no problem with.

Leaders pick their team up on the practice field, in the locker room, in the film room...NOT by talking smack after a team just gave yours a football swirlie.

What these players continue to do and say astounds me.

Crayton and his teammates had a chance yesterday to dispel the myth that its the Pats and Colts and everyone else. His team lost by 21 points at home. Crayton needs to go back and play in the sandbox with his crybaby friend TO.

As usual, the Crackboys are overrated. Surprise, surprise.

couldnt have said it better. Well. maybe cowgirls instead of crackboys. I'm a little sensitive about drug references after the rodney thing.

Yeah-I too wish Crayton would have shut his mouth.

However-honestly, the NFC rep will be the Packers, IMHO-with this likely being Favre's last season, the chips/luck/cinderalla stuff is just falling in their laps this year.

You guys would destroy the Packers, especially in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes